Wife get's pwned

Started by S204STi, July 07, 2007, 06:55:02 AM

S204STi

46 in a 30....

I'm not sure how she pulled that one off other that to say that she is very distracted by passengers, and both her younger sister and mother were in the car with her, and she was by the campus, which is 30mph all around, and yet she never knew it, apparently.

Interestingly, with the ticket she had two options: 1)Wait till the court date and risk a $160~ fine and 4 points against her liscense (12 is the max in Colo), or 2) pay it in the next 45 days and have it reduced to $130~ and 2 points. 

Seems like they are trying to avoid bringing tickets to court.  Which is fine, she hadn't a chance in hell if she wanted to fight it, so we're glad to take them up on it! :lol:

rohan

Quote from: R-inge on July 07, 2007, 06:55:02 AM
46 in a 30....

I'm not sure how she pulled that one off other that to say that she is very distracted by passengers, and both her younger sister and mother were in the car with her, and she was by the campus, which is 30mph all around, and yet she never knew it, apparently.

Interestingly, with the ticket she had two options: 1)Wait till the court date and risk a $160~ fine and 4 points against her liscense (12 is the max in Colo), or 2) pay it in the next 45 days and have it reduced to $130~ and 2 points.?

Seems like they are trying to avoid bringing tickets to court.? Which is fine, she hadn't a chance in hell if she wanted to fight it, so we're glad to take them up on it! :lol:
Sorry to hear it man.  4 points is pretty darn steep for 16 over - and only a 30 buck savings for not going to court is a smack in the face- now if they made it 110 bucks for not going to court and you save 50 bucks and 2 points thats worth it.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

S204STi

Quote from: rohan on July 07, 2007, 06:57:58 AM
Sorry to hear it man.? 4 points is pretty darn steep for 16 over - and only a 30 buck savings for not going to court is a smack in the face- now if they made it 110 bucks for not going to court and you save 50 bucks and 2 points thats worth it.

Yeah, it sucks, but she needs to pay attention more to her driving.  I'm a habitual speeder, but I pay close attention to the posted limit and only go roughly 5-10over, particularly on the interstate, so I'm not much of a target.  She on the other hand.... :banghead:

rohan

Quote from: R-inge on July 07, 2007, 07:10:45 AM
Yeah, it sucks, but she needs to pay attention more to her driving.? I'm a habitual speeder, but I pay close attention to the posted limit and only go roughly 5-10over, particularly on the interstate, so I'm not much of a target.? She on the other hand.... :banghead:
Well if she wasn't paying attention then thank god it's jsut a speeding ticket and not some kid that got squished!  5-10 over isn't speeding.
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

S204STi

Quote from: rohan on July 07, 2007, 07:16:10 AM
Well if she wasn't paying attention then thank god it's jsut a speeding ticket and not some kid that got squished!? 5-10 over isn't speeding.

Thankfully she isn't that oblivious, but she tends to miss street signs and such.? She's good at watching for little kids and stuff though.

Glad to hear I'm not the devious scum I thought I was, but unfortunately the camera vans here will nail you for 5 over.? It's just $40 or something and no points, but it's still irritating.? I have yet to be caught but a friend at work here was, and it was in a customer car, lol. :lol:

dazzleman

Hah, that's pretty funny Roy.? :lol:

Don't mind me; I've long since been conditioned to view anybody getting a speeding ticket (including myself) as a hilarious event, especially one as minor as this one.? I guess my attitude shows I have a level of maturity far below my chronological age.... :praise:

In any case, look at it this way man -- when the inevitable happens and you get popped, she can't give you crap about it.? This is a good thing to have in your arsenal, dude.? :P
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

S204STi

Quote from: dazzleman on July 07, 2007, 08:23:10 AM
Hah, that's pretty funny Roy.? :lol:

Don't mind me; I've long since been conditioned to view anybody getting a speeding ticket (including myself) as a hilarious event, especially one as minor as this one.? I guess my attitude shows I have a level of maturity far below my chronological age.... :praise:

In any case, look at it this way man -- when the inevitable happens and you get popped, she can't give you crap about it.? This is a good thing to have in your arsenal, dude.? :P

haha, yeah.  We weren't too down about it, frankly, because we had some really good news that day and we weren't about to let a petty ticket ruin it.  But, I figured I add it to our annals. :praise:

dazzleman

Quote from: R-inge on July 07, 2007, 08:27:57 AM
haha, yeah.? We weren't too down about it, frankly, because we had some really good news that day and we weren't about to let a petty ticket ruin it.? But, I figured I add it to our annals. :praise:

Smart attitude.  I learned a long time ago that small things like tickets only bother you as much as you allow them to.

Congratulations on your good news, whatever it is..... :ohyeah:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

S204STi

Quote from: dazzleman on July 07, 2007, 08:29:31 AM
Smart attitude.? I learned a long time ago that small things like tickets only bother you as much as you allow them to.

Congratulations on your good news, whatever it is..... :ohyeah:

hehe, thanks.

dazzleman

Quote from: R-inge on July 07, 2007, 08:37:04 AM
hehe, thanks.

....and now you're free to really nail that accelerator and get a nice ticket of your own, without worrying about what the wife has to say about it.  Get busy, man.... :rockon:

Tave

Was it in the Sube? Put her in an '87 Corolla and call it a day.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

S204STi

Quote from: Tave on July 07, 2007, 10:09:48 AM
Was it in the Sube? Put her in an '87 Corolla and call it a day.

Nah, conveniently she can't drive stick, (:lol:)so it was the Forcus.

saxonyron

Sorry about your wife's bad luck!  Bad things happen in 3s they say, so maybe the Spin is off the hook for a while!   Except for the points, seems like an OK ticket, if you're going to get one.  Of course, every state has a different system, so it's hard to tell how severe it 4 points really is.  But a third the way to a max of 12 in one ticket seems a little nutty.  Good luck fighting it out with the courts! 

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on July 07, 2007, 08:23:10 AM

In any case, look at it this way man -- when the inevitable happens and you get popped, she can't give you crap about it.  This is a good thing to have in your arsenal, dude.  :P

Exactly! I have this as arsenal against my mom. She had a perfect record until this past May when she got busted for driving into a No-Left-Turn zone. It wasn't a One Way or anything, it was just a busy hour and you weren't supposed to take that turn between 9am-3pm or something. Her GPS guided her into it, and she wasn't paying attention. Needless to say, $145 and 2 points. The only ticket in our family.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]