New E92 M3 Not Hitting the Mark

Started by E46M3, July 09, 2007, 01:23:23 AM

Champ

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 10, 2007, 11:52:15 AM
you're the freak.

the coldest temp I've been exposed to was 19* and I would rather have set my hair on fire than to spend another minute in that temperature. I can deal with 100+ when I need to.
You're the freak!  19 is just the tip of the ice berg here in MN (and all of up north).  I rather like the cold, and working as a Valet is rather profitable during the winter.

My worst shift was 8 hours outside, starting temp was 2, finishing temp was -10.  Both of these did not include the windchill which probably brought it down another 10-15 degrees.  I was cold.  But I made a ton of $$$

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 10, 2007, 11:52:15 AM
you're the freak.

the coldest temp I've been exposed to was 19* and I would rather have set my hair on fire than to spend another minute in that temperature. I can deal with 100+ when I need to.

When it's cold, you can add more clothing.  You can only take so much off until it's flesh when it's hot. 

19?  19's still pretty warm....I mean, it's jacket weather, but it's not that bad....
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10048.msg502214#msg502214 date=1184090474
When it's cold, you can add more clothing.? You can only take so much off until it's flesh when it's hot.?

Not so much...

The current temps here aren't comfortable (upper 90's), but the temperatures we got during the winter in Montreal were downright painful (-30C). And from what people said, both years I was there the weather was relatively mild.

Raza

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 10, 2007, 12:29:39 PM
Not so much...

The current temps here aren't comfortable (upper 90's), but the temperatures we got during the winter in Montreal were downright painful (-30C). And from what people said, both years I was there the weather was relatively mild.

Did I include -30C in my comfort zone?  25F to 75F.  Even 75 is pushing it, as it's too warm to sleep still.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

the Teuton

Quote from: Raza  on July 10, 2007, 12:42:06 PM
Did I include -30C in my comfort zone?  25F to 75F.  Even 75 is pushing it, as it's too warm to sleep still.

I don't know about your parts, but I had an "oh shit" moment when I turned on the weather channel before I had to go to class one day and it was -2 F outside.  I'm kind of a spring/fall person myself.  50-75 is my cup of tea, but my career choices are up north, so I'm screwed.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10048.msg502285#msg502285 date=1184092926
Did I include -30C in my comfort zone?? 25F to 75F.? Even 75 is pushing it, as it's too warm to sleep still.

My point was that you can't always simply add more clothing. I agree 25-75 is more comfortable than 100 degrees, but its rare to have a climate that stays in that zone. NJ for sure doesn't (I've seen it range from 0-100), and I know it gets colder during the winter the further inland you get.

Raza

Quote from: the Teuton on July 10, 2007, 12:47:21 PM
I don't know about your parts, but I had an "oh shit" moment when I turned on the weather channel before I had to go to class one day and it was -2 F outside.? I'm kind of a spring/fall person myself.? 50-75 is my cup of tea, but my career choices are up north, so I'm screwed.

I dropped my keys in the snow once.  Then the car wouldn't start.  As it turned out, the snow melted in the grooves of the key and then refroze in the time it took me to pick it up and try to start the car.  I had to warm up the blade before I could start the engine.

That was -11, I believe. 

Oh, and all my comfort zones don't include wind chill.  If it's windy, all bets are off.  I'm talking only in still temperature.  In State College, there have been days where it would be 20F or so, and the wind chill was -25.  That shit's crazy.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Soup DeVille

When i used to drive limos in college, I picked up this young girl at the airport one early morning, and she asked me "What's the weather like?"

I answered," its a little chilly, did you bring a coat?"

"How chilly is it?"

"On the way in the thermometer read 6 below."

After a couple seconds of silence, she looked at me blank faced, and completely seriously asked, "Below what?"

"I have a spare jacket in the car, I'll bring it out to you."
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

SVT_Power

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 11, 2007, 08:32:43 PM
When i used to drive limos in college, I picked up this young girl at the airport one early morning, and she asked me "What's the weather like?"

I answered," its a little chilly, did you bring a coat?"

"How chilly is it?"

"On the way in the thermometer read 6 below."

After a couple seconds of silence, she looked at me blank faced, and completely seriously asked, "Below what?"

"I have a spare jacket in the car, I'll bring it out to you."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Tave

I live right across the street from campus, so no amount of snow or cold is an excuse for me skipping class. We had one snow-day this year, but they didn't call it untill 3 in the afternoon. It was just me and the teacher in a lot of my classes that day. SOAB! :lockedup:
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

ArchBishop

For the record, I don't think Any M3 should come with a Convert option. Convertibles suck.

Raghavan

Anything from about 0-100 degrees is OK with me.
And i dont use the AC either. My future car wont have it, so im getting used to not using it. So i just open the windows.

Raza

Quote from: ArchBishop on July 13, 2007, 01:09:02 AM
For the record, I don't think Any M3 should come with a Convert option. Convertibles suck.

You sound like a man who has never owned one. 
:lol:

I always say that everyone who says they're not a convertible person just hasn't been in the right one. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2007, 04:20:01 AM

I always say that everyone who says they're not a convertible person just hasn't been in the right one. 

I've been in a few. It's very nice. But if they're gonna make M3 converts... why not M3 wagons? An X3 ///M V8 crossover? A 4.0L V8 minivan?

ro51092

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 13, 2007, 06:56:22 AM
I've been in a few. It's very nice. But if they're gonna make M3 converts... why not M3 wagons? An X3 ///M V8 crossover? A 4.0L V8 minivan?

An M3 wagon would be kinda cool, actually.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 13, 2007, 06:56:22 AM

They make an M5 wagon.?

Why don't they make an M3 wagon?? I'd be all over that.? No, I wouldn't.? But I'd tell someone I know to buy one.?

Also, yesterday I saw an M3 convertible on the highway, and I thought "I could get a 2002 for like 20 grand...."

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Champ

Quote from: Raza on July 13, 2007, 07:09:05 AM
Also, yesterday I saw an M3 convertible on the highway, and I thought "I could get a 2002 for like 20 grand...."
You wanna buy one for me too?  That way I can sell it for the $35,000 they are going for here.  Easy 15 grand.....

Or are you using a different currency system?  I'm talking USD.

Raza

Quote from: Champ on July 13, 2007, 08:10:55 AM
You wanna buy one for me too?? That way I can sell it for the $35,000 they are going for here.? Easy 15 grand.....

Or are you using a different currency system?? I'm talking USD.

Run an Autotrader search.  E46 M3s are cheap.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

They're cheaper here.  Some are cheaper than E36 M3s.  I saw some as low as 21K. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Champ

Quote from: Raza on July 13, 2007, 09:30:14 AM
They're cheaper here. Some are cheaper than E36 M3s. I saw some as low as 21K.
Sounds like I need to start runnin some cars...

Vinsanity

Quote from: ArchBishop on July 13, 2007, 01:09:02 AM

take that back, you horrible horrible monster :lockedup:

NomisR

All BMWs are soft..! 

Ok, now that I've said that.. I agree with Raza on the convertible thing.. to an extent.  I don't think chopping the top off of a hard top car is the same thing as a purpose built convertible though... it's just not the same.

r0tor

C&D seemed to be a bit less critical
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

ArchBishop

Quote from: Raza on July 13, 2007, 04:20:01 AM

Women Like convertibles, real enthusiast like to have a fixed roof. Are you a woman?

Vinsanity

Quote from: ArchBishop on July 14, 2007, 12:44:12 AM
Women Like convertibles, real enthusiast like to have a fixed roof. Are you a woman?

:rolleyes:

JYODER240

how is that?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

LonghornTX

Ah, really?

So I guess the Shelby Cobra was for girly men  :rolleyes:?

Grow up man.....
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

Raza

How do you figure that? 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

MidnightDave

Maybe he's old like me? 'verts of our day had too much flex, that's why we had T-tops and Targas. Today's cars have the rigidity you need.

What are these guys doing, trying to chase the soft and docile, yet fast Lexus IS350 that nobody but that WOMAN I married and I seem to like? ;-)

I think there's a soft spot in every enthusiasts heart for the M series cars and we get mad when they don't get it completely "right".
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!