New E92 M3 Not Hitting the Mark

Started by E46M3, July 09, 2007, 01:23:23 AM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: ro51092 on July 13, 2007, 07:02:27 AM
An M3 wagon would be kinda cool, actually.
:banghead: :pullover: :nono:

IMO, if you can't deal with having a somewhat impractical coupe, you shouldn't have a car like the M3. Statements like 'an M3 wagon would be cool' spawn things like the Cayenne.

"Its the same exact car, just a wagon"

OK... if the wagon weighed and looked exactly the same as the coupe you'd have a point. But it doesn't, and it doesn't. Now if they wanted to make a 340iT or whatever they call wagons now, with a softened suspension for Grandma and an automatic tranny for the wife, but 'paddle shift' for the man, I'd say go for it... but to compromise the ///M badge for sales... yeech, why?

My big question is... what's the word on the 3.0TT and 4.0 V8 Z4's?

Raza

They already have an M5 wagon.  This isn't a pure car; it's already been compromised from the start.  What's so horrible about an M3 wagon?  Performance cars don't always have to look like performance cars.  Just like the RS2 of yore, a practical car that could hang with, and often embarass, 911s on a track is always a car that should be brought to market.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ChrisV

When you wanna haul ass but you gotta haul groceries. Sportwagons are cool, starting with the killer AMG Hammer wagon of the '80s...
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on July 16, 2007, 12:37:32 PM
When you wanna haul ass but you gotta haul groceries. Sportwagons are cool, starting with the killer AMG Hammer wagon of the '80s...

No, Chris, you've got it all wrong.  Performance cars can only ever have two doors.  You obviously can't deal with a coupe.  Go buy a Toyota Sienna. 

:rolleyes:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Quote from: Raza  on July 16, 2007, 12:41:44 PM
No, Chris, you've got it all wrong.  Performance cars can only ever have two doors.  You obviously can't deal with a coupe.  Go buy a Toyota Sienna. 

:rolleyes:
:lol: