My co-workers 335i

Started by SVT666, July 09, 2007, 11:19:59 AM

nickdrinkwater

Who needs an M3?

I still like the look of the A5 more than this though.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on July 09, 2007, 01:10:57 PM
Who needs an M3?

I still like the look of the A5 more than this though.

I think I'll have to see an A5 up close first, maybe even being driven on the street to be sure. I am seeing plenty of 3er coupes now, and even the 328i's look hot. They are not aggressive, but very good looking.

cawimmer430

Gorgeous car, except for the rims. They look better on a Brabus Mercedes than a BMW. :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

sportyaccordy

I agree that the 3-series coupes look worse than the sedans. But that is more a complement to the sedans. The coupes look too long.

ChrisV

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 09, 2007, 12:43:47 PM
Wow, get off your high horse. You sound like such a prick.  :rolleyes:

An you sound like a inexperienced moron. Wanna play the insult game. You wont' win. :lol:

let me ask you this before we go on. When you have a medical issue, do you listen to the opinion of a doctor or a random dude on the street? Why? Isn't one opinion worth the same as any other? Or is education in a subject worth something? Yeah, I may sound like a prick to you, but anyone who knows anything more than you WILL sound like a prick if they are correcting you or educating you in a subject they have studied.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Tave

Unlike the new 1 -series coupe, the more I see of the 335 the more I like it. And I liked it to begin with.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: ChrisV on July 09, 2007, 01:15:02 PM
An you sound like a inexperienced moron. Wanna play the insult game. You wont' win. :lol:

let me ask you this before we go on. When you have a medical issue, do you listen to the opinion of a doctor or a random dude on the street? Why? Isn't one opinion worth the same as any other? Or is education in a subject worth something? Yeah, I may sound like a prick to you, but anyone who knows anything more than you WILL sound like a prick if they are correcting you or educating you in a subject they have studied.

I don't ask my doctor whether I should wear pants or shorts.  :lol:

Seriously, chill out. polished lips are a styling thing, they don't actually mean anything. I know you like to defend every type of styling exercise in existence with your vast expertise on the subject, but in the end its purely about taste, and I don't see it. Go buy some polished lips for your 7-series and move on.  :thumbsup:

SJ_GTI

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 09, 2007, 01:07:18 PM

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?

You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!

SVT666

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 09, 2007, 01:24:18 PM
You said I'm funny. How the fuck am I funny, what the fuck is so funny about me? Tell me, tell me what's funny!
Did I?  I thought I said I found the argument funny...not you.  If anything I agree with your assertion that it comes down to taste and personal preference and that I shouldn't like it just because "it's been like that forever" like Chris likes to argue.  However I agree with him in that I like the wheels...a lot, but I agree with your argument that it's a styling trait and it coems down to taste, and there's no accounting for taste.

SJ_GTI

Sorry, I take it you haven't seen Goodfellas.  :lol:

93JC

Joke

Hemi666's
noggin

:lol:

It's from GoodFellas, chill out.

SVT666

Quote from: SJ_GTI on July 09, 2007, 01:48:08 PM
Sorry, I take it you haven't seen Goodfellas.? :lol:
No, I knew where it was from, but since you posted it twice I thought you actually wanted me to tell you. :lol:

SJ_GTI

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 09, 2007, 01:55:06 PM
No, I knew where it was from, but since you posted it twice I thought you actually wanted me to tell you. :lol:

Sorry, the follow-up quote just seemed to fit too perfect for the situation, I couldn't pass it up.  :lol:

pommes-t

WOW! I'd really give one of my bikes AND my Polo for that car!  :rockon:

Damn nice, I love it!

If your friend is getting it dynoed, he should also get it weighed.  Some owners and claiming that BMW not only understated the HP, but also overstated the weight.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70655&highlight=weight+e92

And what a surprise, the 335i owner is Driver72, someone who used to post over at the C&D forums before he stopped several years ago.  I remember having many debates with him about the Nissan VQ vs his beloved VW VR6.  I remember he ended up actually buying an 02 Maxima.  Now that he's rolling in a 40+K car, he must be doing pretty well for himself.  Well here is what he said about weighing his 335.

"BMW's lists the 335i Coupe with steptronic at 3582 lbs.

In the most recent Car and Driver they list the weight as 3366 lbs.
Now I know some wondered how that could be, so did I.

So, as promised, I took my brand new 335i Coupe to a California Certified Scale. This scale is used to weigh GVWR loads of trucks and other equipment to make sure they are not overloaded.

I filled up my gas tank, drove 1.8 miles to the scale and pulled it on.
I got out of my car. My car had 178 miles on the odometer when I did this.
All fluids therefore were full, so this is what is called "wet" weight.
I had nothing in my car but the owner's manual, and brochure, my sunglasses and Ipod.

The weight:

3360 pounds dead on.
My car has Premium, Sports, Steptronic/paddles, Sirius.
No Navigation.

So Car and Driver obviously weighed the cars on a certified scale as well.
My guess is they had a few items in the car (probably testing gear, helmet, etc.) that made up the additional 6 pounds on their test car.

Why BMW lists the "unladen" weight of the car 220+ pounds more that it really is, is beyond me.
Now, I'd be curious what the stock 335i sedan with equal equipment weighs and see how far off BMW lists the sedan too.

Later all."

r0tor

... now if only they also didn't understate the rear differential  :devil:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

SJ_GTI

Quote from: r0tor on July 09, 2007, 04:27:21 PM
... now if only they also didn't understate the rear differential? :devil:

:lol:

Its really odd to overstate the weight. I guess they are protecting themselves from manufacturing variances?  :huh:

Raghavan

Nice car!
But IMO the best looking BMW currently would be the E90 M3 because it has the coupe front end on the sedan. I think that looks even better.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raghavan on July 09, 2007, 05:13:49 PM
Nice car!
But IMO the best looking BMW currently would be the E90 M3 because it has the coupe front end on the sedan. I think that looks even better.

Definitely. :rockon:

I think the 6-series is drop-dead gorgeous as well, though.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 09, 2007, 05:19:23 PM
I think the 6-series is drop-dead gorgeous as well, though.
But you like the Camry too so.....

:evildude:

Raza

Why would they overstate weight?
Fuckheads.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

That's a relief.
So the M3 could be about 3300 lbs or so? :rockon:
And the 1 series could be less that 3000?

FlatBlackCaddy

The weight difference is understandable, its based on exchange rates which have been fluctuating alot lately.

footoflead

Quote from: Raza  on July 09, 2007, 11:52:28 AM
I mean, the sedan looks a lot better, in my opinion.  I don't like the coupe's proportions.  Actually, I don't think I really like any of the 3 series coupes, other than the E30, obviously. 
I agree with you on the proportions....the sedan has much better flow to it.

However it doesn't look thaaaat bad
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

1 BAD 7

Looks great my man:ohyeah:

I am surprised two dozen haters have not come out and told you how bad it is to go with larger custom wheels :huh:

Oh welll atleast Raza with his anti BMW slogan showed up :ohyeah:

For great deals on all your traveling/entertainment and automotive [Nissan, Chrysler, Dodge] buying needs visit.

www.KayaniTravel.com

omicron

eThirteen

so he pulled 330 whp stock with just an ECU upgrade? usually ECU doesn't give you a peak gain at the higher rpm, instead it gives a peak gain at the midrange.

Secret Chimp

I can't believe how they put such a potent car inside such a boring boring boring body shell.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

the Teuton

At 3,360 lbs., I officially love the E92 again.  It's perfect...except for iDrive.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Vinsanity

I, for one, like the coupe 100x more than the sedan, and love those wheels even more :thumbsup: are they painted to match the car?