My co-workers 335i

Started by SVT666, July 09, 2007, 11:19:59 AM

r0tor

oh don't worry, i have the wheels and a 2 piece aluminum big brake kit picked out for a drop of around 10lbs per corner... along with a terrific suspension package

just not sure if i want to invest in an auto-x STU class car and a winter beater or just buy a new car next year
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

Champ

Quote from: 1 BAD 7 on July 10, 2007, 05:11:21 PMAnyways back on the topic of wheels. I think your wheels look very nice and they fill the gap nicely. They make they car look a lot more aggressive and sporty. By the way what size tire are you runing SJ and what brand.
Helps that is car is lowered.  :P

Tave

Quote from: r0tor on July 10, 2007, 05:43:12 PM
oh don't worry, i have the wheels and a 2 piece aluminum big brake kit picked out for a drop of around 10lbs per corner... along with a terrific suspension package

just not sure if i want to invest in an auto-x STU class car and a winter beater or just buy a new car next year

Whatever you do, don't get rid of the REX. Hold onto it for dear life.

I'm thinking about changing my vote in the One Car thread in Head to Head to a RX8. Not too fancy compared to some of the competition, but god damn it's a sweet ride.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: r0tor on July 10, 2007, 05:12:30 PM
holy jeebus... i'm going to have to design a new center cap to replace the Mazda symbol and start selling my stockers to some unfortunate anvil owners? :confused:

I'm not that worried about the weight personally. Its not like my wheels are cheaply made. I've seen people with lighter wheels dent and crack them on crappy roads. Considering some of the stuff I've driven over I am happy my wheels are even holding up.  :lol:

In any event the hufeisen wheels are petty high quality and innovative, at least according to BBS (who makes them):

BBS Air Inside Technology

BBS Air Inside Technology
World novelty at the Paris Motor Show 2004: The VW GTI wheel marks the world?s first production order for hollow space wheel construction. BBS started supplying original VW wheels with the introduction of the Golf II GTI.
Significant weight reduction: The 18" GTI wheel weighs 1 kg less than the same design without hollow space technology. This significantly improves driving dynamics and comfort. The effective weight reduction for all four wheels adds up to more than 4 kg. In fact, total weight reduction amounts to 8 kg because a rotating mass effectively weighs twice as much because it has to be simultaneously rotated and set in forward motion. At the same time, this unsuspended weight has a more significant impact on driving comfort compared to the remaining vehicle weight.
Lower rotating masses for better driving dynamics: Weight has been reduced on the GTI wheel in precisely the areas where the laws of dynamics ensure the best results ? at the wheel-rim shoulder. The further away the rotating mass is from the hub, the bigger the effect of weight reduction on the mass moment of inertia. This increases by the square of the radius. The mass moment of inertia of the GTI wheel is 14 percent less than the same wheel with solid shoulders. Reduced wheel inertia improves acceleration. This physical relationship is known as the pirouette effect: Bringing the arms closer to the body reduces the rotating mass at the extremities and results in acceleration. Reducing the rotating mass also shifts the threshold margins on corners and enables higher cornering speeds. This is a result of the reduced centrifugal effect or centrifugal precession. Precession is a phenomenon of rotating masses. This is something that most motorcyclists are familiar with. But aside from professional racing, it has received little attention in the automotive world. The decisive moment that determines the ideal line in a curve is when the vehicle steers into the curve. Motorcyclists typically steer slightly to the left when entering a right turn. This is because the rotating wheel has a tendency to counteract the steering force. Thus, a motorcycle virtually steers itself into the curve. The wheel suspension on a car essentially works the same way. The precession on the front wheels first tends to counteract the steering force. This is known as correcting torque, and is the product of the moment of inertia and angular acceleration. The precession effect is therefore dependent on the radius of the rotating masses. The hollow wheel-rim shoulder effectively counteracts this steering resistance. The same relationship can be derived from the spin of the wheels. It is calculated as the product of the mass moment of inertia and angular velocity...yada yada yada...

I'll hang onto my boat anchors for now.  :ohyeah:

MidnightDave

The stance on that thing is the best I've seen on any vehicle in months!
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

Galaxy

I see he checked the rainy weather color option.    :(

SVT666

I just took a ride in his 335i to and from a Stampede Breakfast and we had one guy at 160 lbs, another at 175 lbs, me at 230 lbs, and another at 350 lbs and that car pulled a lot harder then it did the last time I rode in it before the ECU and it was just he (175 lbs) and I.  I'm extremely impressed. :rockon:

Champ

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 12, 2007, 09:42:13 AM
I just took a ride in his 335i to and from a Stampede Breakfast and we had one guy at 160 lbs, another at 175 lbs, me at 230 lbs, and another at 350 lbs and that car pulled a lot harder then it did the last time I rode in it before the ECU and it was just he (175 lbs) and I. I'm extremely impressed. :rockon:
You have a friend that weighs 350lbs?  Did you make him (or her...) sit in back?

SVT666

Quote from: Champ on July 12, 2007, 09:49:30 AM
You have a friend that weighs 350lbs?? Did you make him (or her...) sit in back?
He sat in the front because he's also 6'5".

Champ

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 12, 2007, 09:54:42 AM
He sat in the front because he's also 6'5".
That is a large person!

deesea

Wow....after looking at those pics..I have to say that i love the E92/93 more than the E46  :wub:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

SVT666

Quote from: deesea on July 12, 2007, 07:47:06 PM
Wow....after looking at those pics..I have to say that i love the E92/93 more than the E46? :wub:
I'm with you on that.

deesea

So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher