My 2007 Grand Caravan Review

Started by SVT666, July 09, 2007, 11:39:41 AM

TheIntrepid

I'm going to go to teh Nissan Canada site and price one now. BRB!

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TheIntrepid

3.5SE starts at $46,998.

Add in the Navigation Package, which he doesn't have, and that adds $2950.

Add in the triple coat paint, which he does have, adds $325.

A loaded one is $51,338 with Freight/PDI.

giant_mtb

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 10:48:03 AM
That's why there's a triple zone system in the Grand Caravan. Everyone can adjust it according to how THEY individually want it.

I bet your preciouz INTREPIDZ doesn't have that!

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 10, 2007, 10:45:16 AM
There is.? I just can't believe I'm hearing that super cold A/C is a problem for some people.

I was being a dick.  What I meant was that if there's a setting that's too cold for you, turn it down. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 10, 2007, 11:17:20 AM
I bet your preciouz INTREPIDZ doesn't have that!

No, but my Camry Hybrid has a dual-zone climate system with PLASMACLUSTER :evildude:

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raza  on July 09, 2007, 06:52:20 PM
Cool, that's how aircon should be.  I want A/C so cold that my testicle retreat and I can see my breath.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

giant_mtb

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 11:25:23 AM
No, but my Camry Hybrid has a dual-zone climate system with PLASMACLUSTER :evildude:

PLAZMAZ CLUTTER?!

93JC

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 11:25:23 AM

Ha, I read "PLASMACUTTER".

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

TheIntrepid

That photo is of an XLE, which is overpriced, so go right ahead.

SVT_Power

omicron

SVT_Power

see the stupid little hybrid emblem on the fender? :devil:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: M_power on July 10, 2007, 12:16:12 PM
see the stupid little hybrid emblem on the fender? :devil:

That's "Jasper Pearl", a Hybrid-only color, so I don't need to see the emblem.

SVT_Power

It's such a ghey light green color. No wonder it's a hybrid only.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: M_power on July 10, 2007, 12:19:42 PM
It's such a ghey light green color. No wonder it's a hybrid only.

It's hideous. My dad ALMOST got mine in that color :mask:

Minpin

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 10:48:11 PM
It's hideous. My dad ALMOST got mine in that color :mask:

Then you'd be not only be Proud owner of the first and only Hybrid on CarSPIN

but Proud Gay owner of the first and only Hybrid on CarSPIN

:praise:
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Minpin on July 10, 2007, 10:55:55 PM
Then you'd be not only be Proud owner of the first and only Hybrid on CarSPIN

but Proud Gay owner of the first and only Hybrid on CarSPIN

:praise:

If I said something like that to you, you'd lose your temper faster than Nick's bike hits 60.

giant_mtb

Hybrids are over-hyped and over-priced commodities that will one day fail while the diesel engine comes back to become our new (though honestly, old) way of conserving fuel for the masses.

Minpin

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 10:58:53 PM
If I said something like that to you, you'd lose your temper faster than Nick's bike hits 60.

Your point? I thought it was quite funny.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Minpin on July 10, 2007, 11:05:18 PM
Your point? I thought it was quite funny.

No; I don't think people who drive lime green cars are gay. :huh:

The Pirate

I'm still not convinced of the environmental friendliness of hybrids.  What happens when those batteries shit the bed (as they will)?  We will then be dumping large, undoubtedly toxic batteries into the environment.

If fuel economy and being environmentally friendly is important to somebody, I think the best bet is a small LEV certified car.  Hell, even Suburbans are probably LEV these days, and thus much better than some '80s POS burning all kinds of shit.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: The Pirate on July 10, 2007, 11:08:08 PM
I'm still not convinced of the environmental friendliness of hybrids.  What happens when those batteries shit the bed (as they will)?  We will then be dumping large, undoubtedly toxic batteries into the environment.

If fuel economy and being environmentally friendly is important to somebody, I think the best bet is a small LEV certified car.  Hell, even Suburbans are probably LEV these days, and thus much better than some '80s POS burning all kinds of shit.

Well the battery's warranted for 8 years/160,000km. I don't think I'll have the car more than 5 years anyway, so that doesn't affect me.

50MPG city sounds great though. I'll let you know how it goes!

SVT_Power

Quote from: The Pirate on July 10, 2007, 11:08:08 PM

If the battery situation is going to be like that, hybrids are nothing more than temporary fixes aren't they

The Pirate

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 11:10:13 PM
Well the battery's warranted for 8 years/160,000km. I don't think I'll have the car more than 5 years anyway, so that doesn't affect me.

50MPG city sounds great though. I'll let you know how it goes!

The battery is still going to end up somewhere though.  The car might have a second owner, and will be scrapped eventually.  Regardless of how long you keep it and drive it, that battery is still going to be dumped at some point.

After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SVT_Power

so we haven't had a single post about the caravan on this page

The Pirate

Quote from: M_power on July 10, 2007, 11:11:29 PM
If the battery situation is going to be like that, hybrids are nothing more than temporary fixes aren't they

If that's the case (I don't know for sure), then yes.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: M_power on July 10, 2007, 11:50:21 PM
so we haven't had a single post about the caravan on this page

Hell, I own one and I don't think it's worth talking about. I doubt you guys who don't own one want to. :lol:

SVT_Power

honestly i dont think there is a reachable solution at this point. MAYBE they'll come up with a plan that will work by '10 but i wouldn't bet on it

omicron

I sat in one once. The pedals were stupidly offset to the left; a terrible RHD conversion if ever there was one. Then, I broke the indicator stalk.