Round 2: Who will be the next to get a ticket?

Started by TheIntrepid, July 10, 2007, 12:13:05 PM

TheIntrepid

Evidently, the last time it seemed that everyone was getting ticketed, a contest like this came out and somehow stopped the flow of tickets before Wimmer got one.

So let's see who the next will be.

I put my money on Rag, with that red light ticket coming in the mail. :lol:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ifcar

I just began a concerted effort to drive slower.

So I'll probably be next.

TheIntrepid

TurboDan

Camera tickets don't count.  They're "freebies" as far as I'm concerned.  For this contest, it's gotta be a full "pulled-over to the side of the road, reaching for your documents" type of incident.

ifcar

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 12:19:27 PM
How fast do you typically go, Iffy?

I'm trying to stick to no more than 10 over when the limit is reasonable, down from 15-20 over.

Tave

Bonus points if you get a gun pulled on yourself.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT_Power

How about double bonus points if you get pulled over but you talk your way out of it
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

omicron

Quote from: M_power on July 10, 2007, 12:37:02 PM
How about double bonus points if you get pulled over but you talk your way out of it

You watch; I'll get Ellen DeGeneres assisting the South Australian police, and no amount of chest-flashing on my part will help.

TheIntrepid

Raza

Quote from: Tave on July 10, 2007, 12:29:23 PM
Bonus points if you get a gun pulled on yourself.

What if you get a gun pulled on you but don't get a ticket?  Do you still win?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Raza

What if the person who pulls the gun is a cop?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tave

A ticket or a bullet-hole in the chest; either are acceptable.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CJ

Raza

Quote from: CJ on July 10, 2007, 02:31:06 PM
My bet is on Raza.

It's over.  I just shot myself in the chest.  I win.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Tave

I don't know, I see him as more of a stabbing-victim type of guy. He pisses you off so much you'd want to really get close to talk shit when you take him down.

FlatBlackCaddy

I hope its raza....er i mean drive safe guys. :lol:

FlatBlackCaddy

Raza doesn't get tickets.

*cop pulls raza over*

Officer "license and registration"

Raza "its in my briefcase in the trunk"

*raza opens trunk*

Officer "whats the shovel for"

****SMACK****

Raza

I am definitely the type of person that gets stabbed.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CJ

I really do hope that Raza gets a big ticket in his little Porsche.

Raza

Quote from: CJ on July 10, 2007, 02:44:02 PM
I really do hope that Raza gets a big ticket in his little Porsche.

What the fuck is your problem?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

CJ

Just messing with you.  :P  Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if my brother gets a ticket when he gets back.  He's going to be driving the Integra...which is a cop magnet.

Raza

Quote from: CJ on July 10, 2007, 02:56:28 PM
Just messing with you.? :P? Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if my brother gets a ticket when he gets back.? He's going to be driving the Integra...which is a cop magnet.

That's not funny.  It's like me saying that I hope your children are stillborn.  It's not funny for you.  It's not something you joke about. 

Thinking it might be me and hoping are two different things. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Soup DeVille

I think I will be. I'm seriously overdue. Besides that, since I work a funny shift (5pm-2am) and have a long commute, and tend to drive faster than most, its pretty much a cinch that my luck will run out sooner or later.

OTOH, I know the route, I know all the normal 'ambush zones,' and I've long ago memorized the falsing patterns on the V1.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CMan

Quote from: Morris Minor on September 26, 2008, 08:43:28 AM
I'm going to buy a tube radio so we can huddle round it and, by the light of a single candle, listen to President Obama's fireside chats.

dazzleman

Quote from: ifcar on July 10, 2007, 12:18:40 PM
I just began a concerted effort to drive slower.

So I'll probably be next.

:lol: That's the way things usually work.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on July 10, 2007, 03:05:24 PM
That's not funny.  It's like me saying that I hope your children are stillborn.  It's not funny for you.  It's not something you joke about. 

Thinking it might be me and hoping are two different things. 

I think that having a job for once has gotten Raza to be a bit bitchier. :lol:

Raghavan

Trep, i may not get the ticket...
I saw a guy run a red light today (missed the yellow like me but even worse) and the camera didn't flash.

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 10, 2007, 06:03:18 PM
I think I will be. I'm seriously overdue. Besides that, since I work a funny shift (5pm-2am) and have a long commute, and tend to drive faster than most, its pretty much a cinch that my luck will run out sooner or later.

OTOH, I know the route, I know all the normal 'ambush zones,' and I've long ago memorized the falsing patterns on the V1.

On I95, it's easy to spot them (yet they still pull like mad) but when I get into Delaware and I'm on Philadelphia Pike, that's the wildcard.  It's just like the road at home where I got my first ticket.  Long, straight, two lanes each way, and a 35-40mph speed limit for most of it.  And as soon as the limit goes to 45mph, I turn off for work. 

Although, one of my coworkers (drives a BMW, drives like an asshole) flies down it everyday, so I think I'm going to leave when does and have him run interference.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i