Round 2: Who will be the next to get a ticket?

Started by TheIntrepid, July 10, 2007, 12:13:05 PM

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 10, 2007, 08:21:27 PM
I think that having a job for once has gotten Raza to be a bit bitchier. :lol:

Is that possible?

I'm not sure who will be next but hopefully not me. I'm still going on 4.5 years of driving without being pulled over.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on July 11, 2007, 07:45:48 AM
Is that possible?

I'm not sure who will be next but hopefully not me. I'm still going on 4.5 years of driving without being pulled over.

I think my language has just gotten worse.  I work with the most foulmouthed people that it's hard to not swear all the time. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

J86

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10071.msg503542#msg503542 date=1184156117
On I95, it's easy to spot them (yet they still pull like mad) but when I get into Delaware and I'm on Philadelphia Pike, that's the wildcard.? It's just like the road at home where I got my first ticket.? Long, straight, two lanes each way, and a 35-40mph speed limit for most of it.? And as soon as the limit goes to 45mph, I turn off for work.?

Although, one of my coworkers (drives a BMW, drives like an asshole) flies down it everyday, so I think I'm going to leave when does and have him run interference.

what stretch of 95 do you run?

TurboDan

I-95 in Philly is an easy place to avoid a ticket when coming from the south.  When coming from the north or NJ, they have alot of open space to hide in on the sides before you enter Northeast Philly. 

Additionally, a classic spot to nab speeders in Philly is where I-76 branches off onto Rt. 1 to get on to City Ave/Monument Rd. in Bala Cynwyd.  There are some steep hills near the exit/entrance that allow cops to hide.

Raza

Quote from: J86 on July 11, 2007, 08:00:31 AM
what stretch of 95 do you run?

Exit 44 to Exit 11 (it's deceptive in length, since I95 counts 12, 10, 9, 8...1, 11). 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

J86

95 near Philly has some of the bumpiest pavement....I remember not enjoying towing through there

TurboDan

Quote from: J86 on July 11, 2007, 08:42:18 AM
95 near Philly has some of the bumpiest pavement....I remember not enjoying towing through there

Yeah, it's mostly huge overpasses over city streets.  If you think that's bad, try the BQE through NYC.  Makes I-95 in Philly look like a freshly paved country road.

Champ

Quote from: JYODER240 on July 11, 2007, 07:45:48 AM
The end is near for you!  I once thought the same, and made it to age 23 without being pulled over (except for a 29 in a 30 where they were wasting time).  It'll come sometime, it's inevitable.

On another note, on my way to work this morning there was a speed trap of 9 police officers sitting on the on ramp of the highway getting people in the back (that's so dirty btw).  This was going the opposite direction as me.