Retro Roadster Raceoff

Started by the Teuton, July 12, 2007, 08:46:06 PM

Which one?

16 (53.3%)
11 (36.7%)
3 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 28

SVT666

PROWLER!!!!  That car is fucking beautiful.  I still get whiplash every time one drives by.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 13, 2007, 08:15:09 AM
PROWLER!!!!? That car is fucking beautiful.? I still get whiplash every time one drives by.

You should probably have that looked into. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

giant_mtb

Quote from: TheIntrepid on July 13, 2007, 03:11:20 AM
Oh yeah? Well the Camry Hybrid has a sweet guage which tells you what kind of fuel mileage you're getting. :lol:

Shut up.

93JC

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10121.msg505858#msg505858 date=1184331069
It made good power (though unimpressive for an engine that size),

Who else had a 253 hp 3.5 L V6 in 1999?

Raza

Quote from: 93JC on July 13, 2007, 11:07:29 AM
Who else had a 253 hp 3.5 L V6 in 1999?

*Scratches head*

I take it back. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Prowler all the way.? All of them are style over performance, but the prowler has the most style.

They seemed to have held their value well.

S204STi

SSR, for the 6.0/6spd drivetrain in latter model years.? Otherwise they can all go burn in the Pit.

280Z Turbo

The Prowler. I'm sure I could find a way to fit it with a manual gearbox.

CJ

I would like to change my vote to the SSR.  It has a manual.

omicron

The Prowler, I think. You can get V8 conversions, yes? I'd need my purple people-eater to make lovely noises going up and down Rundle St. on a Saturday night.

Tave

Open wheels FTW!

My friend's dad with the RT/10 also has a 6.0 SSR. Made for a schweet lookin garage. I wish I would have taken my camera along for the 4th.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

SVT666

I saw a blue Prowler at lunch with the front bumpers removed. *Drool*

P.S.  We need a DROOL smilie.

Eye of the Tiger

They are all shitboxes, but at least the Prowler looks good.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Payman

I always thought the Prowler got a bum rap. It was never supposed to be a sports car... it's a look-good cruising machine, and nothing like it was built by anyone else in the modern era. I would LOVE to have one.

93JC

All you Thunderbird haters can suck my balls.

the Teuton

I'm really surprised that Ford never created a supercharged version of the motor since it shares so much in common with the AJ V8.  The car could have been better, but in all honesty, I would probably pick a T-Bird over a first gen Audi TT cabrio.  I hate to say it, but if I had to rank them, here's how my preferences would go:

1) Prowler
2) Thunderbird
3) SSR

The SSR is just too big and bulky for my tastes, even with the more powerful engine.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

280Z Turbo

Quote from: 93JC on July 16, 2007, 05:25:39 PM

I'm sure Omi will enjoy that.

Onslaught

Quote from: 93JC on July 16, 2007, 05:25:39 PM
Can I have my dog do it?

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Onslaught

I won't let it. I've seen it eat shit.

SVT_Power