I'm still a Honduh boi

Started by Vinsanity, July 13, 2007, 08:59:04 AM

Vinsanity

...but I had to settle for wrong wheel drive FTL :mask:

crappy interior shots

cassette tape player ROFL

have to leave for work now...will post details later :)

Raza

Did this replace the S2000?  Why did you get an automatic?

What happened? 

What?

Quoi?

Que?

Por que?

Por quoi!?

What*?

*In German.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

ro51092

Damn, I had some memories in that car. Except mine was silver and black interior. It's got a nice engine, no doubt, and nice stereo. Plus it looks nice. Please debadge yours, though.

Raza

Nice plate, by the way, Vince.  I'm assuming your name is Vince.

Don't debadge it.  Put more badges on it.  What company badges models V6?  Order a bunch of V6 badges and put them on your car.  On the back, "Acura V6; TL V6".  On the front, flank the A with a V6 badge on either side.  Then, put a V6 badge behind each front wheel well, like the MB V6K/V12 badges.  And if you can, affix one to the glovebox, the steering wheel, and the shifter.  And on the vanity mirrors. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Is it just me?  If the TL was RWD, it would extremely desirable.  It's one of the best looking sedans on the market.  If it was RWD and a little more sporting, even I would want one.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 13, 2007, 09:16:37 AM
Is it just me?? If the TL was RWD, it would extremely desirable.? It's one of the best looking sedans on the market.? If it was RWD and a little more sporting, even I would want one.

It's good looking, but I'd never buy it over a TSX.  Just me. 

Vinsanity is obviously not as smart as I am. 

:devil:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg505964#msg505964 date=1184339566
Nice plate, by the way, Vince.? I'm assuming your name is Vince.

Don't debadge it.? Put more badges on it.? What company badges models V6?? Order a bunch of V6 badges and put them on your car.? On the back, "Acura V6; TL V6".? On the front, flank the A with a V6 badge on either side.? Then, put a V6 badge behind each front wheel well, like the MB V6K/V12 badges.? And if you can, affix one to the glovebox, the steering wheel, and the shifter.? And on the vanity mirrors.?
...and stick a chrome galloping horse in the grille. :lol:

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg505971#msg505971 date=1184340008
It's good looking, but I'd never buy it over a TSX.? Just me.?

Vinsanity is obviously not as smart as I am.?

:devil:
It's a much better looking car then the TSX. 

Vinsanity

thanks, folks :ohyeah:

I actually hadn't planned on buying a car this soon, but this particular deal was too good to pass up, so I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet. It's a 2004 model with 38,xxx miles that I got for just under $20k. Similar mileage TL's in my area run for $24k+.

I liked this car alot better than the TSX, mostly because of the engine. I really wanted to like the TSX more than I actually did, but this car is definitely more my style. The original tires were recently replaced with a nice set of Toyo Proxes so this car can definitely take corners more aggressively than the TSX I drove. But enough making excuses for choosing this over that. When I drove this car, it was like I had known all along that this is what I would end up with. Can't beat that feeling :thumbsup:

But yeah, I'm parting with the S2000 :cry: I'm selling it to a good buddy of mine who also happens to be a fellow former s2k owner who couldn't stand to be without one any longer. That'll so be me in another year or two :mask:

More general impressions about the car...sweet engine! The only engine I liked better among the cars I drove was the 5.7 Hemi. Although I probably shouldn't say that it's better than the turbo 4G63, it's far better suited to daily (stop-and-go) commuting. I'd give this engine the edge over the Cadillac 3.6 because it has similar low-mid range grunt, but the Acura pulls better up top. The automatic trans, in spite of Raza's objections, is pretty sweet also, in that it really knows how to work with the engine's power. It knows exactly when to downshift and when to hold a gear. And in my defense, manual trans TL's are very hard to find in the used market. The handling's nice and sharp for a car it's size, but I have to admit that other cars I've driven had much better steering input; namely my brother's G35, gf's IS300, and even the TSX and C230. But none, save the G35, had a good enough engine to get me excited about driving. And I like this interior alot better than the G35's :praise:

Better work on makig a new sig when I get home :(

SJ_GTI

Congrats! It looks great!

Only l0sers drive FWD cars though.  :evildude:

cawimmer430

HAHA MY SISTER'S BMW 118i IS RWD!!!  :evildude: :evildude: :evildude:

Nice ride. Congrats!  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg505964#msg505964 date=1184339566
Nice plate, by the way, Vince.? I'm assuming your name is Vince.

Don't debadge it.? Put more badges on it.? What company badges models V6?? Order a bunch of V6 badges and put them on your car.? On the back, "Acura V6; TL V6".? On the front, flank the A with a V6 badge on either side.? Then, put a V6 badge behind each front wheel well, like the MB V6K/V12 badges.? And if you can, affix one to the glovebox, the steering wheel, and the shifter.? And on the vanity mirrors.?

yup, that's what they call me. But as much as I'd like you all to believe that's a real plate, it's really photoshopped :mask:

oh, and the Vee-teck badges are already in the mail. All 12 of them :devil:

heelntoe

(generic congratulation message)

:lol: congratulations
@heelntoe

Vinsanity

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 13, 2007, 09:16:37 AM
Is it just me?? If the TL was RWD, it would extremely desirable.? It's one of the best looking sedans on the market.? If it was RWD and a little more sporting, even I would want one.

I agree; it's a shame that it's not RWD. Oh well; even I'm not perfect :praise:

cawimmer430

Dumb question and I am too lazy to look it up.  :tounge:

Mazda 3. FWD?

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

nickdrinkwater

Yes it is Wims.

Congrats on the car dude!  Looks very swish.  We don't get them here, but they look pretty smart.

giant_mtb

cawimmer430

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on July 13, 2007, 10:48:01 AM
Yes it is Wims.

Congrats on the car dude!  Looks very swish.  We don't get them here, but they look pretty smart.

What a POS....  :lol:

Just kidding.
:ohyeah:

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Raza

If you're getting rid of the S2000, why didn't you get a stick?

I order you to sell this car for a profit and get a stickshift. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

cawimmer430

Quote from: Raza  on July 13, 2007, 10:56:26 AM

I order you to sell this car for a profit and get a stickshift. 

Isn't the S2000 manual only?

www.wimmerfotografie.de

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg506121#msg506121 date=1184345786

I order you to sell this car for a profit and get a stickshift.?

I'd tell you to find me one, but I've decided that I'd be just as happy working the "manumatic" gates and making crazy frog noises :devil:

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 13, 2007, 11:01:00 AM
I'd tell you to find me one, but I've decided that I'd be just as happy working the "manumatic" gates and making crazy frog noises :devil:

I do both (though I don't say "ribbit" when I shift, freak), and you won't be just as happy.? No sir, you won't be.?

Get a manual.? Or you're gay.?

:thumbsup:

EDIT:  Shit, son, get that black over tan Viggen Champ posted! 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 13, 2007, 10:50:44 AM
A tape player?!? Why?!? :huh: :rockon: :rockon:

I wish I could answer that. It disheartens me to think that when this car is unearthed in the distant future, people will think that we listened to cassette tapes in 2004 :confused:

red_shift

An S2000 with a stick replaced by a TL with an Auto?

Congrats, I am sure you will burn in automotive hell when your time comes!  :lol:

Sorry man, enjoy the ride, it will be more comfortable than the S2K for sure.
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

Vinsanity

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 13, 2007, 10:32:20 AM
HAHA MY SISTER'S BMW 118i IS RWD!!!? :evildude: :evildude: :evildude:

Nice ride. Congrats!? :ohyeah:

oh hush, you :devil:

Whose the one that reaches the 1/4 mile 3 seconds quicker? Oh yeah, that would be me :evildude: ;)

Vinsanity

Quote from: red_shift on July 13, 2007, 11:10:35 AM
An S2000 with a stick replaced by a TL with an Auto?

Congrats, I am sure you will burn in automotive hell when your time comes!? :lol:

don't remind me! :cry:

Vinsanity

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on July 13, 2007, 10:48:01 AM
Yes it is Wims.

Congrats on the car dude!? Looks very swish.? We don't get them here, but they look pretty smart.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=swish
I had to look that one up (entry #3) but thanks! :lol:

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 13, 2007, 11:14:37 AM
don't remind me! :cry:

At least you'll be comfortable, Nelly.  Maybe you'll run into Dazzle.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg506139#msg506139 date=1184346168
I do both (though I don't say "ribbit" when I shift, freak), and you won't be just as happy.? No sir, you won't be.?

Get a manual.? Or you're gay.?

:thumbsup:

EDIT:? Shit, son, get that black over tan Viggen Champ posted!?

You know how I know you're gay? Because you don't say "ribbit" when you shift :devil:

red_shift

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 13, 2007, 11:19:19 AM
You know how I know you're gay? Because you don't say "ribbit" when you shift :devil:

He did not say he does not make any sound, he just does not like to use 'ribbit' is all.
He is not gay.
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!