I'm still a Honduh boi

Started by Vinsanity, July 13, 2007, 08:59:04 AM

Raza

I yell "transform and roll out!" every time I put the top down on the Boxster.

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

Quote from: ro51092 on July 13, 2007, 09:02:12 AM
Damn, I had some memories in that car. Except mine was silver and black interior. It's got a nice engine, no doubt, and nice stereo. Plus it looks nice. Please debadge yours, though.

I'm still kicking myself for not taking the Honda logo license plate frame from my S2000 :banghead:

NomisR

Boooooooo!  You wimp!!   2 dr convertible for a sedan???   You're becoming like Raza now, wanting a soft riding car.... boooooo!!! :lol:

93JC

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg505957#msg505957 date=1184338866
Por quoi!?

Pourquoi

Vinsanity

Quote from: NomisR on July 13, 2007, 01:47:18 PM
Boooooooo!? You wimp!!? ?2 dr convertible for a sedan???? ?You're becoming like Raza now, wanting a soft riding car.... boooooo!!! :lol:

how you get by using the Lotus as a daily driver amazes me :frown:

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 13, 2007, 10:25:55 AM
But yeah, I'm parting with the S2000 :cry: I'm selling it to a good buddy of mine who also happens to be a fellow former s2k owner who couldn't stand to be without one any longer. That'll so be me in another year or two :mask:

Join the club, my brother.

Aint it the truth though? I've owned a lot of cars, but the only ne I ever really regret getting rid of is the S2000.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Soup DeVille

Quote from: cawimmer430 on July 13, 2007, 11:00:15 AM
Isn't the S2000 manual only?

God heavens yes. I can't imagine one any other way. Chaos would ensue.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Vinsanity

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2007, 03:32:50 PM
Join the club, my brother.

Aint it the truth though? I've owned a lot of cars, but the only ne I ever really regret getting rid of is the S2000.

I have a feeling I'll be watching a lot of Fast & Furious in the near future to make up for the absence of the s2000 :mask:

or maybe just playing some Gran Turismo. My head would asplode if I watch that much F&F :nono:

Vinsanity

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 13, 2007, 03:35:37 PM
God heavens yes. I can't imagine one any other way. Chaos would ensue.

Wimmer likes automatics :mask:

JYODER240

I'm not exactly thrilled by this.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

The Pirate

Congratulations.  My folks' neighbor has a white one, it's a sharp looking car. 
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 13, 2007, 03:47:05 PM
Wimmer likes automatics :mask:

He's German, they're into weird shit.

Like David hasselhoff

and shit movies.

Raghavan

Oh god. This is an even worse reason than Soup's for giving up his S2000. I can understand having to give up a sportscar for a kid, but giving up said sports car for a sedan????? WHY????
A lightweight, manual, RWD sportscar with a 9,000 RPM redline for an automatic FWD sedan? :cry:
You disappoint me Vin.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raghavan on July 13, 2007, 10:39:19 PM
Oh god. This is an even worse reason than Soup's for giving up his S2000. I can understand having to give up a sportscar for a kid, but giving up said sports car for a sedan????? WHY????
A lightweight, manual, RWD sportscar with a 9,000 RPM redline for an automatic FWD sedan? :cry:
You disappoint me Vin.

I'm not going to keep making excuses and apologies, but I will say that generally, people take for granted the usefulness of a back seat until they no longer have one.

ArchBishop

Quote from: Raza on July 13, 2007, 09:12:46 AM
Nice plate, by the way, Vince. I'm assuming your name is Vince.

Don't debadge it. Put more badges on it. What company badges models V6? Order a bunch of V6 badges and put them on your car. On the back, "Acura V6; TL V6". On the front, flank the A with a V6 badge on either side. Then, put a V6 badge behind each front wheel well, like the MB V6K/V12 badges. And if you can, affix one to the glovebox, the steering wheel, and the shifter. And on the vanity mirrors.

That was actually really funny. Though, I think he should be using 'ABS' stickers on his wheels, and EFI stickers on the fenders next to the 'v6' badge

NomisR

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 13, 2007, 11:05:37 PM
I'm not going to keep making excuses and apologies, but I will say that generally, people take for granted the usefulness of a back seat until they no longer have one.

That's what a bed is for.... :lol:

I agree, I thought it was fine not to have a backseat until i resorted to stuffing my shortest friend into the trunk numerous times.  I remember one time I turned to one of my friends and said "Hey I think this is the first time you've ridden this car in the seat."

JYODER240

I actually like not having a rear seat.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Vinsanity

Quote from: NomisR on July 14, 2007, 12:51:26 AM
That's what a bed is for.... :lol:

you can never have too many places for hanky-panky :lol:

red_shift

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 13, 2007, 03:40:48 PM
I have a feeling I'll be watching a lot of Fast & Furious in the near future to make up for the absence of the s2000 :mask:

Haven't you done enough already? Now you want to watch Fast and the Furious too?
Future is electric

2018 Light Blue wrapped Tesla Model 3
2013 Dark blue Tesla Model S

All electric, no compromises!

Vinsanity

Quote from: red_shift on July 14, 2007, 08:58:47 AM
Haven't you done enough already? Now you want to watch Fast and the Furious too?

sorry you don't appreciate fine cinematic art like I do :rolleyes: :lol:

Raza

Sorry about being such an asshole. 

TL's a pretty good car, but I've got to say that I'm surprised you liked it more than the TSX.  I was completely the other way around. 

What's up with the Infiniti?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza  on July 14, 2007, 01:20:11 PM
Sorry about being such an asshole. 

TL's a pretty good car, but I've got to say that I'm surprised you liked it more than the TSX.  I was completely the other way around. 

What's up with the Infiniti?

lol I'm not making any apologies, and neither should you. I know it's all in good fun :praise:
I do like the steering feel of the TSX better, but TL had pretty much everything else going for it

as for the old Infiniti, things started to break on the car (alternator, fuel pump) so I just decided to sell it to a mechanic (a friend of my dad's) for $1000.

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 14, 2007, 01:56:02 PM
lol I'm not making any apologies, and neither should you. I know it's all in good fun :praise:
I do like the steering feel of the TSX better, but TL had pretty much everything else going for it

as for the old Infiniti, things started to break on the car (alternator, fuel pump) so I just decided to sell it to a mechanic (a friend of my dad's) for $1000.

Nah, I was being a total dick about it.  Absolutely no reason for it.  It's not like you bought a BMW.

Any plans on picking up something that lacks the proper amount of doors to transport a family on the side? 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg506918#msg506918 date=1184443057
Nah, I was being a total dick about it.? Absolutely no reason for it.? It's not like you bought a BMW.

Any plans on picking up something that lacks the proper amount of doors to transport a family on the side??

oh well. no offense taken.

as for getting a second car for fun, I see three ways I could go:

1. wait 4 years til the Acura is paid off, and then get a new-ish uber sports machine like a 911, GT-R, etc.
2. wait 4 years til the Acura is paid off, and then get a retro muscle car like a Camaro or Challenger
3. scrape up a few dollars here and there for a few years and get a later model S2000, 350Z, or maybe a Z4 :devil: :lol:

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 14, 2007, 02:55:59 PM
oh well. no offense taken.

as for getting a second car for fun, I see three ways I could go:

1. wait 4 years til the Acura is paid off, and then get a new-ish uber sports machine like a 911, GT-R, etc.
2. wait 4 years til the Acura is paid off, and then get a retro muscle car like a Camaro or Challenger
3. scrape up a few dollars here and there for a few years and get a later model S2000, 350Z, or maybe a Z4 :devil: :lol:

I hate making plans that far into the future.  I started planning for my new car 17 months before I need to buy it, and I'm going crazy. 

By the way, S2000 > Z4 > 350Z!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg506993#msg506993 date=1184447450
I hate making plans that far into the future.? I started planning for my new car 17 months before I need to buy it, and I'm going crazy.?

By the way, S2000 > Z4 > 350Z!

I know. At this point it's more like window shopping than actual planning. I'd get one sooner, but I'd hate to have 2 car payments at the same time.

sportyaccordy

Torque steer FTW, welcome to the club :(

Vinsanity

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 14, 2007, 10:08:06 PM
Torque steer FTW, welcome to the club :(

ya rly :frown:

I'm jealous of my brother's G35 and gf's IS300 already :mask: