I'm still a Honduh boi

Started by Vinsanity, July 13, 2007, 08:59:04 AM

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 14, 2007, 11:31:04 PM
ya rly :frown:

I'm jealous of my brother's G35 and gf's IS300 already :mask:

Is that Special Stage R5 from GT4?

And I still can't wrap my head around that trade. Did the wife have a lot to do with it??? My next car will definitely be RWD.

Vinsanity

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 15, 2007, 09:47:04 AM
Is that Special Stage R5 from GT4?

And I still can't wrap my head around that trade. Did the wife have a lot to do with it??? My next car will definitely be RWD.

yup. I have a buttload more of GT4 pics :lol:

but nah, the (not yet a) wife had little to do with the trade. when I sold the Infiniti, I just got tired of borrowing (and worse, trading) other people's cars when I needed more space. which was more often than I realized.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 15, 2007, 10:15:15 AM
yup. I have a buttload more of GT4 pics :lol:

but nah, the (not yet a) wife had little to do with the trade. when I sold the Infiniti, I just got tired of borrowing (and worse, trading) other people's cars when I needed more space. which was more often than I realized.

But at the least... a TSX??? For a last sliver of hope...

Vinsanity

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 15, 2007, 11:10:39 AM
But at the least... a TSX??? For a last sliver of hope...

the TSX is also FWD :huh:

I'm not sure if I'm missing out on anything, but I test drove a TSX, and wasn't that impressed :huh:

nickdrinkwater

I must be the only one who thinks the TL looks better than the TSX.  Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing TSXs in the shape of Accords.

Colonel Cadillac

Bah, the TSX FTW!

But yeah, congrats! A quick question: your's is the non-nav version, and when you are playing CD's, does it count the minutes and seconds that have elapsed? My TSX does not, and it is the simplist thing to put in and it makes me just a little bit angry everytime I want to know how long the song has played.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Colonel Cadillac on July 15, 2007, 02:40:36 PM
Bah, the TSX FTW!

But yeah, congrats! A quick question: your's is the non-nav version, and when you are playing CD's, does it count the minutes and seconds that have elapsed? My TSX does not, and it is the simplist thing to put in and it makes me just a little bit angry everytime I want to know how long the song has played.

hehe well I do like the steering feedback on your car better :praise:

The only CD I played on the car so far was the demo disc, and yes, it did count the elapsed track time on the display. Funny that the TSX wouldn't have that feature :huh:
oh well, satellite radio FTW :lol:

sportyaccordy

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 15, 2007, 11:38:02 AM
the TSX is also FWD :huh:

I'm not sure if I'm missing out on anything, but I test drove a TSX, and wasn't that impressed :huh:

But the TSX no havey torque steer

It's the closest thing to my H22A Accord... which was, in a word, sublime.

Vinsanity

oh well. guess I just like my sedans with a V6 (or a turbo); torque steer be damned.

Raza

Torque steer happens. 

In the Tib, you got massive torque steer.  Punch it in first gear, and the steering wheel gets up, slaps you in the face, and leaves the car completely. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg508865#msg508865 date=1184621104
Torque steer happens.?

In the Tib, you got massive torque steer.? Punch it in first gear, and the steering wheel gets up, slaps you in the face, and leaves the car completely.?
Torque steer sucks.  I prefer power induced oversteer. :rockon:

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 16, 2007, 03:28:25 PM
Torque steer sucks.? I prefer power induced oversteer. :rockon:

Cobalt SS/SC pwn Mustang!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Vinsanity

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10126.msg508879#msg508879 date=1184621389
Cobalt SS/SC pwn Mustang!

now I'm glad I didn't listen to you :rolleyes: :devil:

NomisR

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 16, 2007, 03:28:25 PM
Torque steer sucks.? I prefer power induced oversteer. :rockon:

Oversteering on a FWD car aint fun...

the_koof

Very nice ride but why oh why is it an autotragic?
"If you only work on the days you feel good, you won't get much done in your life."

Vinsanity

Quote from: NomisR on July 16, 2007, 05:05:09 PM
well, it is kinda fun in that it's harder to accomplish than oversteering a RWD car :praise:

Quote from: the_koof on July 16, 2007, 06:23:06 PM
Very nice ride but why oh why is it an autotragic?
thanks and welcome. manual trans TL's are hard to find.

NomisR

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 16, 2007, 09:03:52 PM
well, it is kinda fun in that it's harder to accomplish than oversteering a RWD car :praise:

Hehe, well unless you use Mcdonald's trays to accomplish that, it could be fun.. otherwise.. no thanks..

So the S2k is really gone?  Or do u still have it right now?

Vinsanity

I wish I kept the s2k :frown:

it took all the self-convincing in the world that it wasn't worth having 2 car payments at the same time. even if it would only be for another year

saxonyron

I missed this thread!  Congrats on the new ride!  And I'm with Nick in the TL > TSX camp.  Sounds like you got a smokin deal, too.  Too bad about the tranny, but you're right - in that class of car, manuals are rare.  Too many people apparently like making frog noises when they shift their manumatic, I guess. :huh:  (Actually I seem to have missed out on the frog noises.  I'm a  little  behind on the really cool trends.)

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on July 16, 2007, 11:09:13 PM
I missed this thread!  Congrats on the new ride!  And I'm with Nick in the TL > TSX camp.  Sounds like you got a smokin deal, too.  Too bad about the tranny, but you're right - in that class of car, manuals are rare.  Too many people apparently like making frog noises when they shift their manumatic, I guess. :huh:  (Actually I seem to have missed out on the frog noises.  I'm a  little  behind on the really cool trends.)

You're getting old there ron  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

saxonyron

Quote from: M_power on July 16, 2007, 11:16:22 PM
You're getting old there ron :lol:

:evildude:  :lol:

Hey, if the only trend I'm missing out on is ribbitting when I shift, I think I'm still doing OK!

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

SVT_Power

Quote from: saxonyron on July 16, 2007, 11:18:19 PM
:evildude:  :lol:

Hey, if the only trend I'm missing out on is ribbitting when I shift, I think I'm still doing OK!

I won't need to make ribbitting sounds when i drive  :devil: :praise:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Quote from: Vinsanity on July 16, 2007, 04:45:21 PM
now I'm glad I didn't listen to you :rolleyes: :devil:

As I recall, the SS/SC beat the Mustang GT around the track ina C&D track test. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Raza

Quote from: NomisR on July 16, 2007, 05:05:09 PM

Yes it is!  Loads of fun, actually.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

ChrisV

Quote from: Raza  on July 17, 2007, 07:12:11 AM
Yes it is!  Loads of fun, actually.

Mmm. Left foot braking into a trailing throttle oversteer that you then modulate with the throttle pedal is indeed fun. It's a lot like driving my old Porsche 911s at the limit.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

Raza

Quote from: ChrisV on July 17, 2007, 07:31:19 AM
Mmm. Left foot braking into a trailing throttle oversteer that you then modulate with the throttle pedal is indeed fun. It's a lot like driving my old Porsche 911s at the limit.

Yep.  You can also Scandinavian flick that.  I've also done it many a time with my front wheels spinning in the wet at something around 25mph.  So much fun, and I wasn't even speeding!

LTO is awesome.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Vinsanity

Quote from: saxonyron on July 16, 2007, 11:09:13 PM

thanks amigo :ohyeah:

and just so we're all clear, this is what I was referring to when I mentioned making crazy frog noises in the car: http://www.savageresearch.com/humor/insanityTest.html
("crazy frog" is the name of the audio track in the background)

Raza

Don't try and cover your tracks now, Vin.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

sportyaccordy

Trail braking is the shizzle... a FWD car with an honestly neutral setup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a Ford Crown Victoria

Vinsanity

Quote from: sportyaccordy on July 17, 2007, 10:20:50 AM
Trail braking is the shizzle... a FWD car with an honestly neutral setup >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> a Ford Crown Victoria

maybe you're just not driving the Crown Vic right :huh: :P

oh well. I won't be looking to engage in any sideways shenanigans in this car, anyways. I got most of that out of my system in the s2k :pullover: