New wheels for The Pirate

Started by The Pirate, July 16, 2007, 07:59:59 PM

Raghavan

Quote from: M_power on July 21, 2007, 08:56:09 PM
good call or what
Are you going to work on the car or are you going to get rid of it?

SVT_Power

Quote from: Raghavan on July 21, 2007, 09:12:17 PM
Are you going to work on the car or are you going to get rid of it?

i'm afraid i'm gonna have to let it go
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raghavan

You would have to part it out or sell it for about $2k or so to a guy who wants to do a swap though. So basically you're either spending tons of time parting it out to get your money back or you quickly take a $4k loss. :(

The Pirate

Quote from: Raghavan on July 21, 2007, 09:29:04 PM
You would have to part it out or sell it for about $2k or so to a guy who wants to do a swap though. So basically you're either spending tons of time parting it out to get your money back or you quickly take a $4k loss. :(

What kind of math do they teach you in Cali?  :devil:

He paid $4600 for it, so if he sells it for two G's, that's a loss of $2600.  Not exactly chump change, but it's far from $4K.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raghavan

Quote from: The Pirate on July 21, 2007, 09:37:05 PM

What kind of math do they teach you in Cali? :devil:

He paid $4600 for it, so if he sells it for two G's, that's a loss of $2600. Not exactly chump change, but it's far from $4K.
Oh right. For some reason i thought he bought it for $6k but that's what he wanted to sell it for before it seized.

SVT_Power

2 G's is easily doable I think. I'm trying to get like 3000 for it though...still remains to be seen what'll happen
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 20, 2007, 05:03:27 PM
Goose the throttle, it'll go in.

Hell, I used to downshift into first at 30 MPH Clutchless in the S2000 all the time, and you had to rev the motor up to 6000 RPM in order to do it smoothly.

gear jammer  :rolleyes:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT_Power