The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Four-door has Gone from Hot to Hotter!

Started by Atomic, July 20, 2007, 08:20:36 PM

Atomic

4-door Wrangler Sizzles: SUV Accounts for 82 pct. of Ohio Plant's Output

By: Bradford Wernle

For: Automotive News, July 16, 2007 

TOLEDO, Ohio -- The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited four-door has gone from hot to hotter.

The Chrysler group's Toledo Supplier Park is cranking out 600 vehicles per day. Of those, 82 percent are four-door Unlimiteds and 18 percent are two-door units.

Earlier Chrysler reported the mix was about 60 percent four-door and 40 percent two-door. The four-door Wrangler is available in hard- and soft-top versions.

"Demand for the hardtop four-door is much higher than we expected," said Cynthia Sidoti, Toledo Supplier Park plant manager.

The 2007 four-door Wrangler began arriving in dealerships last September.

In June, Jeep sold 10,952 Wranglers, the best June results ever for the Wrangler, according to Darryl Jackson, Chrysler vice president of U.S. sales.

Dealers say they've had a difficult time getting the top-of-the-line Rubicon version of the Wrangler, which is trail-ready and has Chrysler's MyGIG entertainment and information system that includes navigation.

"The market is overwhelming," Sidoti said. For 2008, the MyGIG system will be available without the navigation.

The Toledo Supplier Park is closed this week for model changeover. Workers will return July 23 and begin building 2008 models.

One change that dealers will notice immediately is a new Wrangler color. It's Detonator Yellow, which is fitting for one of Jeep's most explosive-selling vehicles.

my predictions regarding the anticipated success of the all new jeep compass, patriot and wranger unlimited came true! yet, i would never say i told you so  :P ! truly, even i was suprised by the enormous increase in wranger sales.

jeep! bring us the srambler pick-up or gladiator. i will be the very 1st in line  :ohyeah: !!!

what's on your wish list, guys?

Atomic

i would never buy a wranger (two door); only the unlimted.

MidnightDave

Saw this on the street in Brevard, NC...seemed like an appropriate place to post it...

2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

Sir_CARzy

wtf have they done to it. the entire population of the world's shame on that guy isn't enough.  :cry: Whoever did that needs help.

Atomic

Quote from: Sir_CARzy on July 22, 2007, 12:26:22 AM
wtf have they done to it. the entire population of the world's shame on that guy isn't enough.? :cry: Whoever did that needs help.

it wasn't me!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Sir_CARzy on July 22, 2007, 12:26:22 AM
wtf have they done to it. the entire population of the world's shame on that guy isn't enough.? :cry: Whoever did that needs help.

Its a Landrunner bodykit, they are relatively popular.

You can fit 33 inch tires under one without a suspension lift,and they improve the approach and departure angles too.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Atomic on July 21, 2007, 05:48:38 AM
i would never buy a wranger (two door); only the unlimted.

The Unlimited's wheelbase is longer, decreasing the breakover angle by 7?, making it far less useful for rock crawling, which is the only thing the Wrangler is really good at anyway.? :rolleyes:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Soup DeVille

Quote from: NACar on July 23, 2007, 06:59:12 PM

The Unlimited's wheelbase is longer, decreasing the breakover angle by 7?, making it far less useful for rock crawling, which is the only thing the Wrangler is really good at anyway.? :rolleyes:

But its still better at it than any other 4-door ute on the market at its price.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Atomic

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 23, 2007, 07:17:39 PM
But its still better at it than any other 4-door ute on the market at its price.

agreed! sorry, nacar  :mask: !

:lol:

S204STi

Quote from: Soup DeVille on July 23, 2007, 07:17:39 PM

Indeed.  The only competition I can think of is the Xterra and maybe the FJ Cruiser abortion, if it's even available for that price.

giant_mtb

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on July 24, 2007, 01:05:53 AM
WHAT ABOUT THE ALMIGHTY HUMMER H2?!?

Fools.

:rolleyes:

A: Not in the same price range

B: would be eaten alive.

SVT666

I don't like how big the Wrangler got.  The new one is 6" wider then the old one.  Wranglers are supposed to be small and nimble....offroad anyway.  Can't argue with sales, but the truck itself has lost something.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: HEMI666 on July 24, 2007, 10:34:04 AM
I don't like how big the Wrangler got.? The new one is 6" wider then the old one.? Wranglers are supposed to be small and nimble....offroad anyway.? Can't argue with sales, but the truck itself has lost something.

Neither do I, which is why I think Jeep can afford to make a smaller, more CJ-like model alongside the "big" Wranglers.

Atomic

...FJ Cruiser abortion...

abortion? it's alive and well! in fact, i'm actually very amazed by it's apparent success. i see them everywhere. it's only available as a two door. it was introduced during this aweful gas crisis. toyota appears to be pro-life, man!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Atomic on July 24, 2007, 07:47:28 PM
...FJ Cruiser abortion...

abortion? it's alive and well! in fact, i'm actually very amazed by it's apparent success. i see them everywhere. it's only available as a two door. it was introduced during this aweful gas crisis. toyota appears to be pro-life, man!

Its not a two door. Its a foor door trying to look like a two door. The rear doors are smaller suicide hung pieces. It was introduced well before the current gas crisis.

Original FJ Landcruisers were two-doors (or no-doors), and were actually cool.