Subaru Legacy
8 (21.6%)
VW Passat
5 (13.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: August 01, 2007, 11:38:34 AM

MexicoCityM3

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10319.msg526299#msg526299 date=1185974134
The biggest problem with the B6 is that it's not really a replacement for the B5.? It's moved upmarket, it's larger, and it's softer.? It's not a cutrate Audi sport sedan anymore, it's a larger, softer car that's pointed more at Accord drivers than at keener people who see how surprising the B5 was.? It's sad to see them move away from this, as I've read, the Passat/A4 connection has gone back to the Dasher (great name!) and Fox.?

I guess they did that for Audi's benefit. Many people were on to getting a VW as a cut-rate Audi and it probably was hurting Audi sales.
Founder, BMW Car Club de México
http://bmwclub.org.mx
'05 M3 E46 6SPD Mystic Blue
'08 M5 E60 SMG  Space Grey
'11 1M E82 6SPD Sapphire Black
'16 GT4 (1/3rd Share lol)
'18 M3 CS
'16 X5 5.0i (Wife)
'14 MINI Cooper Countryman S Automatic (For Sale)

vanquish

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10319.msg526472#msg526472 date=1185988702
Out of curiosity, what Altima hints do you see in the Passat?

noo, i dont see hints of the altima in the passat, i am saying it would look more stylish if it had more curves like the altima. just saying the passat is awful conservative is all, especially when competing with some of the hot looking sedans these days.

:P

Raza

Quote from: MexicoCityM3 on August 01, 2007, 01:53:26 PM
I guess they did that for Audi's benefit. Many people were on to getting a VW as a cut-rate Audi and it probably was hurting Audi sales.

I do remember hearing from an Audi salesman that one of his biggest competitors is Volkswagen. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: vanquish on August 13, 2007, 10:33:55 AM
noo, i dont see hints of the altima in the passat, i am saying it would look more stylish if it had more curves like the altima. just saying the passat is awful conservative is all, especially when competing with some of the hot looking sedans these days.

:P

Ah.  Didn't get that reading your post.

Especially because I don't think the Altima is particularly attractive.  ;)

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on August 14, 2007, 06:34:38 AM
Ah.  Didn't get that reading your post.

Especially because I don't think the Altima is particularly attractive.  ;)

You don't? Seriously? That's odd. :huh:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 14, 2007, 07:45:57 AM
You don't? Seriously? That's odd. :huh:

You also think the Camry is attractive. 

It's okay, but not really a style leader. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on August 14, 2007, 08:11:18 AM
You also think the Camry is attractive. 

It's okay, but not really a style leader. 

Kiss my ass. I actually think the Camry SE is a very attractive car. Sue me :rolleyes: The LE, XLE, and Hybrid are boring as far as styling is concerned. They made bad choices on rim design too. The Altima's a stunning sedan. Which car in that class do you think is "great to look at"?

IMO stylewise, after the Altima, the Sonata and Legacy really catch my eye.

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 14, 2007, 08:13:34 AM
Kiss my ass. I actually think the Camry SE is a very attractive car. Sue me :rolleyes: The LE, XLE, and Hybrid are boring as far as styling is concerned. They made bad choices on rim design too. The Altima's a stunning sedan. Which car in that class do you think is "great to look at"?

IMO stylewise, after the Altima, the Sonata and Legacy really catch my eye.

I'll agree with you on the Legacy, but the Altima is just okay, and the Sonata is attractive, but boring. 

I think the Mazda6, Legacy, and Passat are all very attractive cars.  I'll admit that the B6 took a long time for me to grow fond of it. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

The Camry is one of the few cars that actually has some style in the design.? I think it looks a little awkward, but I wouldn't call it ugly.? The Mazda6, Fusion, and Legacy are my favourites in the design department for mid-size sedans.

If you wanna talk boring, that would be the Passat. :evildude:

Raza

Don't you have to hop in your Sunfire and get to cheerleader practice soon?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10319.msg541337#msg541337 date=1187272725
Don't you have to hop in your Sunfire and get to cheerleader practice soon?
Hey!  Don't go there Bitch!

:lol:

ro51092

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 16, 2007, 07:51:53 AM
If you wanna talk boring, that would be the Passat. :evildude:

I hope your Sunfire breaks down, or gets recalled or something.  :evildude:

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Raza  on August 01, 2007, 07:15:34 AM
The biggest problem with the B6 is that it's not really a replacement for the B5.  It's moved upmarket, it's larger, and it's softer.  It's not a cutrate Audi sport sedan anymore, it's a larger, softer car that's pointed more at Accord drivers than at keener people who see how surprising the B5 was.  It's sad to see them move away from this, as I've read, the Passat/A4 connection has gone back to the Dasher (great name!) and Fox. 

The real replacement for the B5 Passat is the current Jetta 2.0T/GLI.  I sat in the car and felt the dimensional similarities, and then I looked it up and they're almost the same.  I'm certain some B5 Passat parts are in the GLI interior as well. 

I'm pretty sure there's a sport package on the B6, which should make it better, but as a sedan, it doesn't make too much sense to me, other than looking good and being useful.  I like the car, just not as much as the one I have. 

As a wagon, though, it makes a lot of sense. 

The increase size was necessary for the European market (priority for Passat sales).  They needed bring the car more upmarket and larger to compete with rivals that had bypassed the Passat - which dated back quite a few years.  I'm surprised that you don't like the increase size though - the American market has always demanded larger vehicles so I can only see the increase dimensions of the B6 as convenient for you guys.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raza  on August 14, 2007, 08:25:44 AM
I'll agree with you on the Legacy, but the Altima is just okay, and the Sonata is attractive, but boring. 

I think the Mazda6, Legacy, and Passat are all very attractive cars.  I'll admit that the B6 took a long time for me to grow fond of it. 

The B6's stock rims just ruin it for me. The Mazda6 look has gotten old now and it is just 'meh'. I still turn when I see a clean, new Sonata or Altima.