2007 Mugen Civic RR

Started by Submariner, August 06, 2007, 10:47:36 AM

Submariner

Looks like it will start "under" 30k...

Still, that seems to be a lot for a guised up Civic...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Submariner on August 08, 2007, 09:26:16 PM
Looks like it will start "under" 30k...

Still, that seems to be a lot for a guised up Civic...

:huh:

about the price of a TSX, not outragous for a honda product. I'm sure it will be very low volume.

Plus the price is nothing when you consider that you will be a god among other honda owners, recieving all sorts of special treatment and being able to take advantage of the lower ranking soldiers.

Submariner

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on August 08, 2007, 09:28:09 PM
:huh:

about the price of a TSX, not outragous for a honda product. I'm sure it will be very low volume.

Plus the price is nothing when you consider that you will be a god among other honda owners, recieving all sorts of special treatment and being able to take advantage of the lower ranking soldiers.

Maybe I'm just talking knowing I can get a decent Evo for that kinda money, or perhaps it's the ridiculous rice job that's keeping me away.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Submariner on August 08, 2007, 09:33:23 PM
Maybe I'm just talking knowing I can get a decent Evo for that kinda money, or perhaps it's the ridiculous rice job that's keeping me away.

Hey your preaching to the wrong guy on that one.... :lol:

Seriously though, we both know the evo is faster but this civic is more about balance than power.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on August 08, 2007, 09:35:38 PM

Seriously though, we both know the evo is faster but this civic is more about balance than power.

Balance is overrated  :devil:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

giant_mtb

Quote from: Raghavan on August 08, 2007, 07:51:55 PM
LMAO at the F1 style red thingy on the back.

But dewd, it's like...LEDz, man!  LEDz are DA SHIT!

Submariner

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on August 08, 2007, 09:35:38 PM

They better focus on balance...a. because the Evo is damn good and b. because the Civic I drove evoked feelings similar to my grandma's LeSabre.  :rolleyes: :lol:

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Submariner on August 08, 2007, 09:44:06 PM
They better focus on balance...a. because the Evo is damn good and b. because the Civic I drove evoked feelings similar to my grandma's LeSabre.? :rolleyes: :lol:

Well you should have drove one with the updated mugen suspension bits.

Raghavan

I'd rather have this over a TSX, but have an Evo over this.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raghavan on August 08, 2007, 09:47:44 PM
I'd rather have this over a TSX, but have an Evo over this.

I don't know, i might actually take a TSX over this. TSX's are pretty nice cars.

Raghavan

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on August 08, 2007, 09:48:48 PM
I don't know, i might actually take a TSX over this. TSX's are pretty nice cars.
I hear they're undertired and underpowered. They definately look nicer than the Civic, but this Mugen is lighter, handles better, and is more powerful.

FlatBlackCaddy

MUGEN!!!!!!!!!!

I'd buy one for drifting.

The Pirate

Quote from: Raghavan on August 08, 2007, 09:50:52 PM
I hear they're undertired and underpowered. They definately look nicer than the Civic, but this Mugen is lighter, handles better, and is more powerful.

Undertired is an easy enough fix.  My Civic was gutless below 2500 rpms, but felt peppy after that.  I'd imagine the TSX is similar.  I'd drive one.

Honda 4 bangers aren't torque monsters, ya just gotta rev 'em to make some juice.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raghavan

Quote from: The Pirate on August 08, 2007, 09:53:14 PM

Undertired is an easy enough fix.  My Civic was gutless below 2500 rpms, but felt peppy after that.  I'd imagine the TSX is similar.  I'd drive one.

Honda 4 bangers aren't torque monsters, ya just gotta rev 'em to make some juice.
I'd drive one, but i'd take this RR over the TSX.

the_koof

For $38k, I'll get a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS (no wing, pretty basic) and with the money saved, head down to AMS and get it boosted up to 350-370 hp, get a set of fully adjustable coil overs and some upgraded brakes. After all that, head to the race track
"If you only work on the days you feel good, you won't get much done in your life."

Raghavan

Quote from: the_koof on August 08, 2007, 09:58:45 PM
For $38k, I'll get a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution RS (no wing, pretty basic) and with the money saved, head down to AMS and get it boosted up to 350-370 hp, get a set of fully adjustable coil overs and some upgraded brakes. After all that, head to the race track
I'd just buy an S2000. :mask:
:lol:

Eye of the Tiger

I'll take a slightly used M3 and a brand new CBR1000RRRRR
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

The Pirate

I'd buy lots of scotch, cocaine, and a pony.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Raghavan

Quote from: NACar on August 08, 2007, 10:01:42 PM
I'll take a slightly used M3 and a brand new CBR1000RRRRR
I'd take a very slightly used S2000, a Ninja 500 and a new CBR1000RR.

FlatBlackCaddy

I'd buy a lotus Esprit V8TT........ :rockon:

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Submariner on August 08, 2007, 09:33:23 PM

The Evo is still ricier.

Ok, the Evo will also kick its ass with a tube sock stuffed in its intake, but that's beside the point, isn't it?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

heelntoe

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2007, 09:38:18 PM
But dewd, it's like...LEDz, man!  LEDz are DA SHIT!
that looks like a normal reflector to me. :huh:
@heelntoe

TheIntrepid

Quote from: R-inge on August 08, 2007, 07:55:47 PM
I think they should release a Pirates of the Carribean Type Aaaarrr! Edition.

OMG :lol: :lol: :lol:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Submariner

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on August 08, 2007, 09:45:39 PM
Well you should have drove one with the updated mugen suspension bits.

Damnit, I forget about that.

Submariner

Quote from: Soup DeVille on August 08, 2007, 10:51:02 PM
The Evo is still ricier.

Ok, the Evo will also kick its ass with a tube sock stuffed in its intake, but that's beside the point, isn't it?

Meh, I think this body kit is worse.

Besides, I could get an Evo RS.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 07, 2007, 04:11:32 AM
Mmmmmm actually the Mugen Civic Type-RR drops about 200# and gains 43HP over our Si. In comparison to the MS3 it's down about 400#, but also down about 23HP... although in 1st and 2nd I'm sure the power outputs are close. I don't get how the Civic can be considered 'slow' when it has basically the same power/weight ratio as the MS3...

Trust me... I've owned a few FWD cars.... when it comes to making power, less torque and shorter gearing is much better. Why else would Mazda LIMIT the power on the MS3 in the first few gears, but Mugen/Honda put all of it to the ground all the time?

Obviously you could buy a Civic Si and get 40HP out of the motor for under 2K in bolt ons... get a set of decent coilovers for another 1K... etc. etc. But that's not the point. Ahhh whatever. "2HP and 10# off the Si for 40K more... it sucks!!! More torque, more power, more weight please!!!" :rolleyes:

Yeah, for 40 grand, it does suck. 

And I'm a guy who loves the Civic Si. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

sportyaccordy

38K is steep... but if I had a lot of money and maybe 2-3 other cars already I'd pick this up for a year or two.

Raza

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 09, 2007, 02:57:43 PM
38K is steep... but if I had a lot of money and maybe 2-3 other cars already I'd pick this up for a year or two.

If I had a lot of money and 2-3 other cars, I still wouldn't bother wasting my money on it. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

93JC

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 09, 2007, 02:57:43 PM

I don't have a lot of money now and even now I don't want one. If I had a lot of money I wouldn't drive a peasant car like a Honda, any Honda.

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 93JC on August 09, 2007, 03:08:01 PM
I don't have a lot of money now and even now I don't want one. If I had a lot of money I wouldn't drive a peasant car like a Honda, any Honda.

Your mom is a Honda