Saab 9-7x Aero

Started by Champ, August 07, 2007, 01:27:33 PM

Eye of the Tiger

This exotic supercar... goes by the name, "V6 Toyata Camrye"? I must get my hands on one, and turbocharge it.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Champ

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 10, 2007, 11:49:22 AM
Camry>9-3
Oh yep, shoulda seen that coming.

Well I'll take it to the next step then - since all cars are based on how good they are by 0-60 and 1/4 mile times: Camry>9-3>A4  Maybe that will get some people talkin!  Who would buy the piece of crap Audi with AWD for acceleration traction when it doesn't even break 7 seconds to 60!

Champ

Quote from: NACar on August 10, 2007, 11:56:01 AM
This exotic supercar... goes by the name, "V6 Toyata Camrye"? I must get my hands on one, and turbocharge it.
bi charge it!  Super and Turbo HOW CAN YOU LOSE.

heelntoe

Quote from: Champ on August 10, 2007, 11:56:29 AM
bi charge it!  Super and Turbo HOW CAN YOU LOSE.
lancia!!!
@heelntoe

Raza

If a train leaves Manhattan at 1PM traveling west at 80mph, and another train leaves Los Angeles traveling east at 3PM traveling 120mph, why does the Camry still suck?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10543.msg536076#msg536076 date=1186768894
If a train leaves Manhattan at 1PM traveling west at 80mph, and another train leaves Los Angeles traveling east at 3PM traveling 120mph, why does the Camry still suck?

Because it doesn't have GT-S, TRD, or R,? appended to it's name, thereby banishing it from the list of real "sport sedans" for life, even though it's actually faster than many of these so-called, "sport sedans", because apparently that's not what matters these days, it's all about how "fun" it is to drive, therefore, even though my 'st33m has 96.4hp, it does have a manual and sporty springs, so it is more "sporty" than any Camry in even if said Camry would kick its ass around any race track that wasn't originally designed for go-karts? No, Raza. I do not agree with that assessment.

Raza

Quote from: NACar on August 10, 2007, 12:09:30 PM
Because it doesn't have GT-S, TRD, or R,? appended to it's name, thereby banishing it from the list of real "sport sedans" for life, even though it's actually faster than many of these so-called, "sport sedans", because apparently that's not what matters these days, it's all about how "fun" it is to drive, therefore, even though my 'st33m has 96.4hp, it does have a manual and sporty springs, so it is more "sporty" than any Camry in even if said Camry would kick its ass around any race track that wasn't originally designed for go-karts? No, Raza. I do not agree with that assessment.

So you're a Camry lover now?

Fast in a straight line doesn't mean shit.  The Esteem probably is sportier than the Camry.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Champ

Quote from: Raza on August 10, 2007, 12:01:34 PM
Is this a trick question?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10543.msg536090#msg536090 date=1186769596
So you're a Camry lover now?

Fast in a straight line doesn't mean shit.? The Esteem probably is sportier than the Camry.

Fast in straight line does mean shit. It doesn't mean all of the shit, but it does mean some of the shit. You might as well say that fast just doesn't matter, period. There is no doubt that a V6 Camry would kick a 'st33m's ass around any race track of sizeable size. Yes, I mean one with turns. No, I don't mean an autocross. Would it be easy or fun to push this Camry to it's limits? Perhaps not so much, but it would be faster. On the other hand, did you not see that Arabian Camry drift team in action? It looked like they were having fun. Any car can be fun to a point, if you want it to be. Nevertheless, I know that you will never agree, because then you wouldn't be the anti-anti-purist that is Raza.

Honestly, I really can't say anything about the Camry. The closest things I've driven to the current Camry are an 2001-ish 4-banger Camry, and my dad's Sienna. Both are teh sux. Through logical extrapolation, I can only assume the current one is also teh sux, but I have to drive one to be certain.

Raza

I'm sorry, I think I missed your point.

You said that the Camry is fast and not fun to drive? 

Didn't I say that?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10543.msg536120#msg536120 date=1186770827
I'm sorry, I think I missed your point.

You said that the Camry is fast and not fun to drive??

Didn't I say that?

Stop playing these mind games I can't take it anymoreo!!!11!! :loopy:
Fast=fun. If Fast =/= fun, why do fast cars exist?

Raza

Quote from: NACar on August 10, 2007, 12:39:08 PM
Stop playing these mind games I can't take it anymoreo!!!11!! :loopy:
Fast=fun. If Fast =/= fun, why do fast cars exist?

Fast <> Fun
Fast + Fun = Fast Fun
Fun = Fun
Camry = The Suck
Fast + Camry = The Fast Suck

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10543.msg536144#msg536144 date=1186771430
Fast <> Fun
Fast + Fun = Fast Fun
Fun = Fun
Camry = The Suck
Fast + Camry = The Fast Suck

I am making a pizza, and cannot be bothered with your narrow-minded purist-pessimism right now. Look, you made me get flour all over the keyboard.  :banghead:

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Champ on August 10, 2007, 11:56:03 AM
Oh yep, shoulda seen that coming.

Well I'll take it to the next step then - since all cars are based on how good they are by 0-60 and 1/4 mile times: Camry>9-3>A4? Maybe that will get some people talkin!? Who would buy the piece of crap Audi with AWD for acceleration traction when it doesn't even break 7 seconds to 60!

2.0T nevar loses!

Champ

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 10, 2007, 12:57:44 PM

2.0T nevar loses!
What do you mean?!?!?!  The Camry RAPES the A4 in performance.  Just demolishes.  I can't think of any more epic words to use to describe how much faster the Camry is over the A4.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: Champ on August 10, 2007, 01:13:34 PM
What do you mean?!?!?!? The Camry RAPES the A4 in performance.? Just demolishes.? I can't think of any more epic words to use to describe how much faster the Camry is over the A4.

Sorry, 2.0T is the greatest engine of all time. All your 0-60 are belong to us.

Champ

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 10, 2007, 01:38:57 PM
My fault, withdrawn.

the Teuton

Quote from: SJ_GTI on August 10, 2007, 01:38:57 PM

It's because when you have a made up character called Fast sitting on your cargo cover, back seat driving, you don't need your car to be faster than a Camry, right?  :lol:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Raza  on August 10, 2007, 12:01:34 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi Julian!

TheIntrepid

Give it the hell up, Raza. It may not be exciting, but it's fast.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Tave

Fun is what you make of it. This constant Camry bashing is annoying, it borders on childish, and it's almost certainly retarded.

WE GET IT!
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Tave on August 17, 2007, 06:42:52 PM
Fun is what you make of it. This constant Camry bashing is annoying, it borders on childish, and it's almost certainly retarded.

WE GET IT!

Thank you. :rockon:

Tave

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 17, 2007, 06:43:39 PM
Thank you. :rockon:

I just don't understand the mindless and repetitive animosity. No one is forcing them to buy a Camry. No one ever will. Why the fuck would they care if it's not "involving" to drive? Plenty of cars are, so buy those instead. Why waste your time complaining about something you don't like but never have to live with? That's just fucking stupid, and it really pisses me off when I open a thread about a SAAB 9-7X FUCKING AERO, and have to read the same LAME FUCKING STORY about the Camry. It's enough to make me want to bodyslam my fucking laptop.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Tave

But on topic, I think it's awsome GM put the LS2 in a Saab. That's just too cool :rockon:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Tave on August 17, 2007, 07:23:40 PM
I just don't understand the mindless and repetitive animosity. No one is forcing them to buy a Camry. No one ever will. Why the fuck would they care if it's not "involving" to drive? Plenty of cars are, so buy those instead. Why waste your time complaining about something you don't like but never have to live with? That's just fucking stupid, and it really pisses me off when I open a thread about a SAAB 9-7X FUCKING AERO, and have to read the same LAME FUCKING STORY about the Camry. It's enough to make me want to bodyslam my fucking laptop.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree though. Almost every thread is turning into a Camry bash. I know I troll it incessantly, but I just joke around. I do like my car though. It really doesn't deserve all the bashing it gets.

Tave

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 17, 2007, 07:27:04 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree though. Almost every thread is turning into a Camry bash. I know I troll it incessantly, but I just joke around. I do like my car though. It really doesn't deserve all the bashing it gets.

I think it's a fine car. I think GM, Ford, and Chrysler would collectively suck Ron Jeremey's dick if it meant they could make one of their own.

omicron

The more I see it, the more I want one.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: giant_mtb on August 08, 2007, 12:24:41 AM
Fastest Saab ever?? It's an SUV.? That makes me sad.? :(

I don't care what anybody else says.

The fastest SAAB ever will always be the SAAB 96 that Erik Carlsson won the 1962 Monte Carlo rally with.

This is a Chevy.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Secret Chimp

Didn't the Trailblazer platform start sucking compared to the competition just a year or two after it came out?

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

the Teuton

When it's tuned properly, it's actually decent, but it has a ton of chassis flex.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!