Another Camry. Why? Good question...

Started by thewizard16, August 09, 2007, 11:26:59 PM

thewizard16

Well, as I've told some of you, I got another Camry about a month and a half ago. I wasn't going to worry about giving it a thread since I plan on leaving it as the car in Mtn. Home and continuing to drive the white one, but I've spoken of it, so here are some pictures. I got an extremely good deal on it since I knew the dealer and he'd taken it as a trade, which was the main factor in choice, the other factor was that it will be replacing the 2000 Camry, which I never drive (it is only driven by a family member of mine that lives in Mtn. Home and drives very little anymore), so this seemed like a decent choice. Not exciting, I know, but nothing exciting was wanted, or called for, in this situation, just something comfortable.

2004 Camry XLE w/ leather, moonroof, JBL w/6 disc in dash changer, heated seats, automatic climate control, information center, etc.

Front:

Side at angle, in my opinion the angle the front looks absolutely worst from:

Rear angle:

Interior dash:

Interior seats, not a very good picture at all:

NOW, to make everyone a little sleepy... I had company the other night who was driving a 91 Camry. Since I already had the cars out (attempting to clean the garage), we lined them up. We're only missing the oldest and the newest.

Front progression:

Rear progression:

Well, the only one of you not asleep or banging your head against the desk by now must be Intrepid.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

Eye of the Tiger

:zzz:

Wait... what u sai?  :confused:

Niiice... it has leather! :praise:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

omicron

I'm odd. I find the new front more repulsive than yours.

Eye of the Tiger

thewizard16

Yes, the interior is quite nice. The front seats are comfortable, but I'm serious when I say on long road trips I feel like napping... So, I just keep the air really cold. I don't like the car a whole lot overall, but it is nice to drive if I'm needing a car roomy enough to haul a few people (I don't think another person has been in it yet), or I want something that gets pretty good gas mileage for a longer trip that is also comfortable.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

omicron

thewizard16

The new front isn't  unattractive when done properly.

99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Eye of the Tiger

^^^The little Toyota emblem is misplaced, and therefore completely ruins it.

SVT_Power

the newest gen camry doesn't look all that bad you have to say
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

omicron

I have used my Photoshop skills and eye for detail to improve this Camry. I attended to minor details here and there, to better integrate the front end with the rest of the car.

I present, the 2008 Camry XLOmi:

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

thewizard16

Quote from: omicron on August 09, 2007, 11:45:45 PM
I have used my Photoshop skills and eye for detail to improve this Camry. I attended to minor details here and there, to better integrate the front end with the rest of the car.

Yes, but you forgot the wheels and a large Toyota emblem. And some catchphrase that implies it's the best vehicle ever made.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Eye of the Tiger

I have used me MSPAINT skillz to move the Toyota Emblem to where it belongs.

Before:

AFTER:

:praise:

SVT_Power

i dont know if the front of the car would look better without the little nose part or whatever that continues into the grill

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: M_power on August 10, 2007, 12:00:19 AM
i dont know if the front of the car would look better without the little nose part or whatever that continues into the grill

wtf, i just showed you how much better it looks. that whole thing is just a retarded way of making the product stick in your head. it's retarded because they had to do it by making it ugly, instead of making it look good

SVT_Power

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: M_power on August 10, 2007, 12:03:31 AM
i meant with or without the thing.

you mean with no toyota emblem at all?

thewizard16

No, he means that bump on the grille that continues up the hood where the emblem is placed, I think.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: thewizard16 on August 10, 2007, 12:05:33 AM
No, he means that bump on the grille that continues up the hood where the emblem is placed, I think.

:huh:

SVT_Power

in ur chopped picture, that part of the front is gone

thewizard16

You really don't see it? look at how the light hits the hood and how the plastic bumper around the grille is shaped.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: M_power on August 10, 2007, 12:10:14 AM
in ur chopped picture, that part of the front is gone

exactly, it's gone! and it looks better!

SVT_Power

how about you do a chop with the metal still in place, but just move the emblem down to the grill

Raghavan

Quote from: omicron on August 09, 2007, 11:45:45 PM

Awesome! :clap:

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

TheIntrepid

Wizard... what trim level is the 2000? CE or LE?

I demand pics, stat! :praise:

Also, the clear corners on your '92 look pretty damn sharp :ohyeah:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

cawimmer430

The Camry from the 80s and early 90s wasn't bad looking IMO. But after that.... :zzz:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

thewizard16

Raza- I know. As said, it's not my primary. I'm concerned about leaving her with the 92, it's an old car and I keep expecting it to just die, so the car purchased this time needed to be something she'd be comfortable with that I pretty much wouldn't have to worry about. I'll replace that 92 with something more interesting as soon as my personal finances can warrant it. Believe me when I say I've never been more bored/unhappy with the Camry. If you see something especially interesting around the $10k mark, let me know and I'll consider it, but I don't think I should go much higher right now. I have no debt and I'd like to keep it that way.

Intrepid- The 2000 is an LE and nothing exciting. Frankly, I really dislike it. It's the only one without a nice interior, it does at least have a moonroof, but I think the seats are uncomfortable, the dash unattractive, power barely adequate, my list of dislikes goes on. This is the main reason why the 92 is not dissapearing for a newer car yet, I like it much more than that 2000, regardless of age. And yes, I rather liked those clear corners on the 92. I generally dislike white cars, so when I got that one I tried to make it look a little better.
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

ro51092