So I got a new car....

Started by AKL, August 11, 2007, 12:07:11 PM

AKL

....or should I say SUV.
The Hyundai Santa Fe.

I'm not driving it though, thank god.  :lol:

Wasn't really my choice. I didn't want an SUV. But it's more for the family than anything else.

The Accord is already almost 3 years old though, so I plan to sell it in 2-3 years for something around what I want. Maybe an 08 Accord  :lol:

I admit the RAV4 V6 is a great choice. It is more fun to drive. But it was simply too expensive. I got the Santa Fe at a great deal. For the money I paid for it, I can barely touch a basic RAV4 i4.

A few things I noticed about this car. It's got a beautifully crafted interior, and beautiful blue interior lighting. The look of the SUV is surprisingly upscale and classy. The engine, wow! It's REALLY quiet at both idle and when pushed. It's quieter than the Accord's V6 at idle even. There was a point where I had to put the car in park for a second to run and get something. When I went back in, I almost wasn't sure if the engine was on or off. The space is excellent. I can now fit all my IKEA furniture. A few grips I have is the front seats are a tad too high, and I wish the steering was better. But besides that, it's a good car to bring on trips. As the Accord's road roar can get rather annoying after a few hours.

I plan to take photos of both the Accord and Santa Fe later. But I need to find a good spot, and someone willing to drive with me down there.

---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

TheIntrepid

Want someone to drive with you down there? :devil:

Nice truck man, I really like the new Santa Fe.

Actually let me know where you're going to take pics of the Accord, I just may pop up with the Camry. :praise:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raghavan

Congrats! Imo, a better SUV than the Rav4.

S204STi

The new Sante Fe is surprisingly good! :ohyeah:

CJ

:ohyeah:

It looks good, but the wheels are way too small for it.  I like the Limited and the second trim level.

ro51092

Cool. Did you look at the XTerra?

Panama_Chopster

Nice! I really like them, I'd go for one myself, but they're way out of my budget :cry: I want that CRD! :cry:

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 11, 2007, 12:11:41 PM
Want someone to drive with you down there? :devil:

Nice truck man, I really like the new Santa Fe.

Actually let me know where you're going to take pics of the Accord, I just may pop up with the Camry. :praise:

I know the word has a different meaning in America, but truck?  Santa Fe?  :huh:

Congratulations on your purchase AKL!  We await pics!

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

AKL

Quote from: ro51092 on August 11, 2007, 10:15:50 PM
Cool. Did you look at the XTerra?

I did, but it was expensive. The X-Trail would fit more in my budget  :P The X-trail felt like a budget SUV (interior wise).
I admit the Xterra is a great SUV for odd-roading I admit, and has a lot of attitude.

If money wasn't a problem it would be on my list to consider.

But the Santa Fe has a surprising amount of style and luxury. It's sort of growing on me each day. 
CJ:
I would like the 18inch rims, but those only come on the top models which I really didn't need. I also liked how the 16inchers were smoother over bumps and quieter overall. 
---------------------
---------------------

AKL

Quote from: Panama_Chopster on August 11, 2007, 11:40:36 PM
Nice! I really like them, I'd go for one myself, but they're way out of my budget :cry: I want that CRD! :cry:

What's in your budget range? 

You can wait for a used one to come out. Hyundai's still depreciate like crazy.

A photo I took of the two cars.
---------------------
---------------------

CJ

He told me that he can't get one becuase they hold their value in Panama.  I've tried talking to him about it.

I love the color.

the_koof

Nice ride! The Santa Fe is a pretty good SUV.
"If you only work on the days you feel good, you won't get much done in your life."

Eye of the Tiger

COol. Did you take it over any sweet jumps yet?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FIU Panther

Quote from: NACar on August 12, 2007, 01:16:28 PM

How do you think he got it on the roof?
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL

Raza

That's a good looking SUV, man!  Glad you didn't buy a Toyota. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

AKL

Quote from: NACar on August 12, 2007, 01:16:28 PM

I plan to take it on some dirt roads once I get the time and find a nice place.   :rockon:

As to how I got it on the roof, it's just a multi-leveled parking lot. I had to circle all the way up which turned out to be quite fun  :lol:
I plan to borrow my friends lighting equipment and take some photos up there one day. It's a perfect place for car photos.

It was completely empty up there. Except for some random Corolla parked in the corner  :huh:
---------------------
---------------------

AKL

Quote from: Raza  on August 15, 2007, 06:46:17 AM
That's a good looking SUV, man!  Glad you didn't buy a Toyota. 

The styling is really surprising me every time I see this SUV. It's one of the best looking SUV's on the market IMO (and I'm not just saying that because I bought one...... :lol:)

I parked it beside a black RAV4 and it looked so much better!
---------------------
---------------------

eThirteen

congrats. i must say , i like the styling of the new hyundai suv's

280Z Turbo

That looks sharp. Hyundai is moving up fast in the market. I'm hoping the next Tiburon will really show off what they can do.

The more competition in the market, the better it is for us consumers.

SVT_Power

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on August 15, 2007, 09:48:45 PM
That looks sharp. Hyundai is moving up fast in the market. I'm hoping the next Tiburon will really show off what they can do.

RWD but auto only last time i heard
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

280Z Turbo

Quote from: M_power on August 15, 2007, 10:05:16 PM
RWD but auto only last time i heard

That doesn't make any sense to me.

Why bother with enthusiast oriented RWD if they're not going to give it a manual?

SVT_Power

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on August 15, 2007, 10:31:53 PM
That doesn't make any sense to me.

Why bother with enthusiast oriented RWD if they're not going to give it a manual?

I don't know. My dad told me what he heard in Korea.  :huh:

SVT_Power

he's back in the automotive industry there even though he left it for a few yrs after spending roughly two decades in it to begin with

Lazerous

Congrats man! Looks nice! Black/White are two of the best colors for any car! Post some interior shots with the blue interior lights. I just love blue illuminated interiors!

CJ

It isn't black, n00b.  It's dark blue.

Lazerous

CJ

FIU Panther

Quote from: AKL on August 15, 2007, 06:53:57 PM
It was completely empty up there. Except for some random Corolla parked in the corner? :huh:

You should have pushed it off with your new SUV!  :evildude:
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL