The Rice Thread

Started by the Teuton, August 11, 2007, 04:42:31 PM

Panama_Chopster

Panama_Chopster

JYODER240

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 11:28:01 PM
Admittedly, I did not take these pics, so I'm breaking my own rule, but I have seen this car several times and every time I've not had my camera with me.? This car is just too good to let go without being included, though.

Sorry for cheating, but yes, I have actually seen this car in person a few times.? Must attribute to my friend DJ.? These are his.

I saw this same car at the same movie theater tonight. It's all black now.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

MidnightDave

Her car was called GirlieGirl and wore its name proudly...sorry the pic is so bad, but you get the idea. I'm also hesitant to post it b/c I'm not trying to put her down, if it's your thing, do it--just accept that others may tease you for it...
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

850CSi

It is perhaps terribly ironic that this thread is in "The Fast Lane"  :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 850CSi on August 19, 2007, 12:52:10 PM
It is perhaps terribly ironic that this thread is in "The Fast Lane"  :lol:

I was just wondering if we should give them the satisfaction of being in "The Fast Lane"

Anyway on the meet yesterday, we saw a Jetta that had AC Schnitzer badging.

Sorry for shit pic, my camera's still in the car.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

stupid ric30r I spottedted today:

:praise:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

Nick, other than using garden edging to make a front lip, dare I say it, but it kinda looks badass for a 95 hp wagon.  I can't really call it rice.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on August 20, 2007, 06:09:25 PM
Nick, other than using garden edging to make a front lip, dare I say it, but it kinda looks badass for a 95 hp wagon.? I can't really call it rice.

That's 97.3 hp!  :devil:  :praise:

Eye of the Tiger

Actually, the biggest compliment I get on my car from random people is when they mistake it for a Subaru. Otherwise, people just make fun of it.  :lol:

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on August 20, 2007, 06:13:53 PM
That's 97.3 hp!  :devil:  :praise:

I think it would look a little better if you put the edging under the bumper instead of on it.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on August 20, 2007, 06:26:14 PM
I think it would look a little better if you put the edging under the bumper instead of on it.

But the logistics involved with in operation like that are just mind boggling.

the Teuton

Can you get a better close up pic? 

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on August 20, 2007, 06:36:28 PM
Can you get a better close up pic??

I could, but then you would be even more disappointed with my craftsmanship. The point is, it functions. It's not supposed to look good. I'm just glad the stuff comes in black and not somthing more conspicuous. It's functional.  :P

the Teuton

I have seen some ugly lips in my day.  Yours really doesn't look that bad.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on August 20, 2007, 06:41:26 PM
I have seen some ugly lips in my day.? Yours really doesn't look that bad.

Well, thanks. I should put that in my sig.  :lol:

the Teuton

This belongs to a guy who's on my Subaru forums and also got coverage in C&D.  Check this lip out.

This could give you some styling ideas.

SVT_Power

some numbers on that thing?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on August 20, 2007, 06:49:07 PM
This belongs to a guy who's on my Subaru forums and also got coverage in C&D.? Check this lip out.

This could give you some styling ideas.

Did that car run in 1-Lap? I swear I as just reading about it today.

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on August 20, 2007, 06:50:15 PM
some numbers on that thing?

2,300 lbs., 417 horsepower, 20something PSI.

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on August 20, 2007, 06:54:24 PM
Did that car run in 1-Lap? I swear I as just reading about it today.

Yes it did.  If that guy could hook up a front-mount intercooler and a lip behind and on an ugly, old Impreza L bumper like what I have, there's hope for all cars. 

Eye of the Tiger

That lip, it looks like landscape edging, too.  :praise:

the Teuton

Quote from: NACar on August 20, 2007, 07:03:35 PM
That lip, it looks like landscape edging, too.  :praise:

That's exactly why I found that pic specifically.   :ohyeah:

Eye of the Tiger

I just kinda screwed mine right on there, and the plastic wansn't quite flexible enough to fit the contour of the bumper 100%, so I had to cut some slots in it to provide some flexing area, which is why mine looks a bit sloppy, and there are two screws that aren't lined up with the rest.

the Teuton

Believe it or not, a space heater or blow dryer should fix that right up and make it maleable.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: the Teuton on August 20, 2007, 07:20:32 PM
Believe it or not, a space heater or blow dryer should fix that right up and make it maleable.

Good idea. I'll remember that next time (I still have plenty of spare edging!). I was pretty hasty with it, since I was outside sitting in gravel and getting sand in my shorts. If I actaully had a garage, my car would probably look more like this:

:praise:

deesea

what if some of these cars could actually perform?  :huh:
though i agree most of them probably couldnt, but if the cars actually did perform even if it was some ricey looking civic, would you still call it rice?  :mask:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher