On my way to work yesterday....

Started by rohan, August 12, 2007, 08:40:13 AM

rohan

It was a wonderful afternoon, about 78 degrees, so I decided to drive my Cobra to work.? I had the top down, and was enjoying a gleeful session of the dual exhaust giving me a concert in stereo.? I arrived a t a intersection and was simply minding my own buisness listnening to the burbble of the 4.6DOHC when some kid in a riced out new asian something pulled up next tome thumping his crap music out the window.? He looked over at me and said "Nice car - for an old nag anyway."? So I sat there for a moment a stewed.? He had those guages going up his A-pillar and that big fart can on the end of the exhaust revving it up.? So I gave him a full courus of several 4500-6000 rpms of heart stopping cobra scream.? He looks over and says- at the green.? Now- I don't normally race from intersections because it's pretty dangerous- but this was a country intersection- we were on the less busy road- and I could clearly see there wasn't anything coming either way.?
When the light the other way went yellow I wound her up to about 4500 and held it- when the light went green I let her rip- oh? maaaaaaan was the exhaust note fantastic over the farting sound of his little whatever.? When I hit the end of 3rd and went into 4th- at "around" the speed limit-? I looked back and noticed he was somewhere around 35 or so car lengths behind (ok maybe not 35 lengths exactly) I let off.? I know it's dangerous- I know it's not something I ever promote- but kicking that kids ass was the highlight of my day.? And with a 12 year old "nag" not at it's best to boot!? God I love my old Michigan Iron!
http://outdooradventuresrevived.blogspot.com/

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from out children."

~Chief Seattle

giant_mtb

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Stupid ricer...as if he has the (lack of) brains to race you in that car.

Eye of the Tiger

dude, i ran out of NOS. that's the only reason you beat me. old nag.? :devil:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Onslaught

Because I have a slow car with no power I can't relate to blowing someone off the line. And I would never talk trash to a car at a stop light. However I do enjoy it when someone rides my ass and we get to a curve or off ramp and I speed up as they slide all over the place trying to regain control.

omicron

the Teuton

I'd rev my engine next to you, just to piss you off with my 110 hp of fury.   :lol:

...And then I'd be torn a new one.  But it'd be fun.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

S204STi

Owning somebody like that is always nice.  I'm with Onslaught with the curvy road thing as well. I can take about 75% of most cars in a straight line, but it's way more fun to lose them on a twisty road, watching them push their car to the limits to keep up only to completely lose sight of them within a minute.

J86

SVT_Power

Nice story, but does this really belong in this section? :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

S204STi

"This is not a sports/GT car, and doesn't belong in the sports/GT car forum,"  -Shaman. :zzz:

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

S204STi

He actually doesn't post much even at C/D these days.  I don't know his other haunts, but he only seemed to drop in once a month or so.   He's actually a pretty accomplished driver from what I gather, and seems like a nice enough guy.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: R-inge on August 12, 2007, 08:49:56 PM
He actually doesn't post much even at C/D these days.  I don't know his other haunts, but he only seemed to drop in once a month or so.   

Speaking of posting rarely, what the hell happened to Car Zeus? I thought he was back.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raghavan

Quote from: M_power on August 12, 2007, 07:15:43 PM
Nice story, but does this really belong in this section? :lol:
He went Head to Head against a ricer. ;)

S204STi

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 12, 2007, 09:01:33 PM
Speaking of posting rarely, what the hell happened to Car Zeus? I thought he was back.

He left here permanently it seems, but he came back for about a week at C/D while I was over there.  He claimed that he had been really busy with his wedding and that picks of his new car were on the way...and then he disappeared again.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Champ

Surprised he even tried.  Mustangs (especially SVT) scare me!

I think I read somewhere that the Mustang has the largest aftermarket of any car?  Chances are pretty good it's got somethin goin on, especially an older one.

S204STi

Quote from: Champ on August 13, 2007, 04:30:25 PM
Surprised he even tried.? Mustangs (especially SVT) scare me!

I think I read somewhere that the Mustang has the largest aftermarket of any car?? Chances are pretty good it's got somethin goin on, especially an older one.

Yeah, I don't fool around with those either. :lol:

Tave

I was comming back from school one night in Scottsdale, and I was in a really bad mood. I was pissed off about something, I was getting tired, and I just wanted to get home. Traffic was driving me absolutely bonkers, and I had had enough of all the crazy Pheonix drivers. I was getting a little agressive, and at the last five lights before my apartment was just beating the piss out of the Aveo. All of the sudden I see this RSX-S a few cars back following me, I guess the douchebag felt a connection or something.  :huh: His attempts to play cat-and-mouse only enraged me further, but on the last light before my turn he gets on it and blocks me from the right lane. Now I have to find some way to get around him and a long line of cars in the next block, and he starts revving his engine. Well that was the last straw. I didn't have time to mess around with this punk, and if I missed the turn it meant a 2 mile detour, and I was already ready to kick back on my footon and crack open a cold one. There was only one way that would happen, and it meant a race. Normally racing anything newer than an '82 is a dumb idea in the Aveo, but I could tell from the fucker's engine that his car was in bad shape. He had all the characteristics of a ricer -- the bad bodykit, the obnoxious and oversized fart can, and a lame set of neon running lights.

I thought to myself, "Screw this fucker," and looked at the lights to my right so I could time the green. I barely paid attention to the assclown revving his sick and brokedown engine untill I got the yellow, at which point I opened my throttle. All the anger that had been seething in my stomach over the past couple of hours seemed to come to a head and flow into my car, and when that light turned I launched my little turd-box like it was an NHRA finals. I dumped the clutch somewhere between 4 and 5, spun my fronts for a split second, and shot down Hayden Ave. Mr. RSX- cumquat gave it all he had but his ruined car didn't stand a chance: I was pulling hard on him before he even got out of the interchange. I get about halfway down the block and move over into his lane, preparing for my turn. As I slowed down he moved over one lane to the left and buzzed me.  :rolleyes: Wow, what a tough guy: buzzing an Aveo after I HANDED him his ASS. Neither of us were ever moving that fast, but damn if it didn't feel exhilirating to own a little twerp in a car that's theoretically a lot faster than mine.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

S204STi

Quote from: Tave on August 13, 2007, 07:06:11 PM
I was comming back from school one night in Scottsdale, and I was in a really bad mood. I was pissed off about something, I was getting tired, and I just wanted to get home. Traffic was driving me absolutely bonkers, and I had had enough of all the crazy Pheonix drivers. I was getting a little agressive, and at the last five lights before my apartment was just beating the piss out of the Aveo. All of the sudden I see this RSX-S a few cars back following me, I guess the douchebag felt a connection or something.? :huh: His attempts to play cat-and-mouse only enraged me further, but on the last light before my turn he gets on it and blocks me from the right lane. Now I have to find some way to get around him and a long line of cars in the next block, and he starts revving his engine. Well that was the last straw. I didn't have time to mess around with this punk, and if I missed the turn it meant a 2 mile detour, and I was already ready to kick back on my footon and crack open a cold one. There was only one way that would happen, and it meant a race. Normally racing anything newer than an '82 is a dumb idea in the Aveo, but I could tell from the fucker's engine that his car was in bad shape. He had all the characteristics of a ricer -- the bad bodykit, the obnoxious and oversized fart can, and a lame set of neon running lights.

I thought to myself, "Screw this fucker," and looked at the lights to my right so I could time the green. I barely paid attention to the assclown revving his sick and brokedown engine untill I got the yellow, at which point I opened my throttle. All the anger that had been seething in my stomach over the past couple of hours seemed to come to a head and flow into my car, and when that light turned I launched my little turd-box like it was an NHRA finals. I dumped the clutch somewhere between 4 and 5, spun my fronts for a split second, and shot down Hayden Ave. Mr. RSX- cumquat gave it all he had but his ruined car didn't stand a chance: I was pulling hard on him before he even got out of the interchange. I get about halfway down the block and move over into his lane, preparing for my turn. As I slowed down he moved over one lane to the left and buzzed me.? :rolleyes: Wow, what a tough guy: buzzing an Aveo after I HANDED him his ASS. Neither of us were ever moving that fast, but damn if it didn't feel exhilirating to own a little twerp in a car that's theoretically a lot faster than mine.

Nice!

I did something similar to a MKIII GTI with my old Legacy.

Awesome this is turning into a kills section.  I hope the mods don't shut it down.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: 565 on August 13, 2007, 08:38:48 PM
Awesome this is turning into a kills section.  I hope the mods don't shut it down.

I was thinking the same thing. :(

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

footoflead

Quote from: NACar on August 12, 2007, 10:35:52 AM
dude, i ran out of NOS. that's the only reason you beat me. old nag.  :devil:
NAAAAAAAAAWWWWZ!!!!!
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Raza

On my way from work yesterday, I came up on an 03/04 Cobra.  I was behind him, and I revved my engine at him to see if he'd rev back.  I love the sound of those motors....

But he didn't.  At the light, he took off, and I took off after him; an exercise in futility.  He has over twice the horsepower I do, but I sensed he wasn't getting on it too hard.  I caught up mid turn and we took off again.  I stayed in second as we climbed a hill, and then tore up the front wheels as I crested it, right on his tail.  He got back on it, pulling away, and at this point I was doing about 5800rpm in third at this point, and we took a sweeper, again, with me right in his wake.  A left hander came up and I stayed right with him.  Another right hander and he still wasn't able to shake me. 

I wasn't able to get side by side and give him the thumbs up, but it was fun.  It didn't last too long; maybe three or four minutes, and I know he wasn't trying too hard to lose me, but it was exhilarating burning through those turns with him. 

It's telling though; in that three or four minute stretch, my MPG dropped from 32 to 28!

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10612.msg539133#msg539133 date=1187094686
On my way from work yesterday, I came up on an 03/04 Cobra.? I was behind him, and I revved my engine at him to see if he'd rev back.? I love the sound of those motors....

But he didn't.? At the light, he took off, and I took off after him; an exercise in futility.? He has over twice the horsepower I do, but I sensed he wasn't getting on it too hard.? I caught up mid turn and we took off again.? I stayed in second as we climbed a hill, and then tore up the front wheels as I crested it, right on his tail.? He got back on it, pulling away, and at this point I was doing about 5800rpm in third at this point, and we took a sweeper, again, with me right in his wake.? A left hander came up and I stayed right with him.? Another right hander and he still wasn't able to shake me.?

I wasn't able to get side by side and give him the thumbs up, but it was fun.? It didn't last too long; maybe three or four minutes, and I know he wasn't trying too hard to lose me, but it was exhilarating burning through those turns with him.?

It's telling though; in that three or four minute stretch, my MPG dropped from 32 to 28!

you should have taken the boxster.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

S204STi

Quote from: 565 on August 13, 2007, 08:38:48 PM
Awesome this is turning into a kills section.? I hope the mods don't shut it down.

This is only the first such thread of this type.  I imagine that so long as we don't make a habit of it we'll be alright.

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 14, 2007, 08:45:34 AM
you should have taken the boxster.

Well, I couldn't have anticipated it coming home from work. 

He wouldn't have stood a chance through those twisties were I in the Boxster. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raza

Quote from: NACar on August 14, 2007, 01:09:19 PM
This guy rolls up to me on this tricked out bike.  I'm talking everything you can think of.  Spinning windmill, tassles on the handlebars, baseball cards in the spokes and he says "Yo dog, you is late for soccer practice, moms!"  I revved my 'st33m at him, and he flicked his baseball cards.  The light went green.  He took off, and I counted to three and dumped the clutch at 4000rpm.  I destroyed him. 

:lol:

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i