On my way to work yesterday....

Started by rohan, August 12, 2007, 08:40:13 AM

Eye of the Tiger

Did I really do that? It sounds familiar. I probably did. I have a horrible memory.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Onslaught

Quote from: 565 on August 13, 2007, 08:38:48 PM
Awesome this is turning into a kills section.? I hope the mods don't shut it down.

I killed a big possum with my car one time. He got hung up on the bottom of my car and dragged for about a mile.

Tave

Quote from: Onslaught on August 14, 2007, 04:00:33 PM

I killed a big possum with my car one time. He got hung up on the bottom of my car and dragged for about a mile.

I amputated the front leg of a deer in my 4runner. She got up and hobbled off the road to bleed out the last lonely minutes of her life.
As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.

Laconian

Quote from: Onslaught on August 12, 2007, 11:56:41 AM
Because I have a slow car with no power I can't relate to blowing someone off the line. And I would never talk trash to a car at a stop light. However I do enjoy it when someone rides my ass and we get to a curve or off ramp and I speed up as they slide all over the place trying to regain control.

:lol: I love hearing their tires start to squeal as they start falling wide, while I just tuck in and stay the course with my foot on the throttle...
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Onslaught

Quote from: Tave on August 14, 2007, 04:48:53 PM
I amputated the front leg of a deer in my 4runner. She got up and hobbled off the road to bleed out the last lonely minutes of her life.
I hit a robin and the dust on my window left a perfect print of him. You could even see details like his feathers on the print.

S204STi

I totally burned this old lady in a paraplegic van today.  She thought she was hot stuff with her "handicap" plates and huge side door so she could get her ghetto Lazy-boy out the side...chump. :zzz:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: R-inge on August 14, 2007, 09:33:53 PM
I totally burned this old lady in a paraplegic van today.? She thought she was hot stuff with her "handicap" plates and huge side door so she could get her ghetto Lazy-boy out the side...chump. :zzz:

:rockon:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Raza on August 14, 2007, 01:17:13 PM
:lol:

It still probably bogged down even with pizza cutter tires and a 4000 rpm launch. ;)

sportyaccordy

Oh man. I would love to build a Honda to crush your oxcart. It would be so easy.

S204STi

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 20, 2007, 12:13:48 PM
Oh man. I would love to build a Honda to crush your oxcart. It would be so easy.

Whose oxcart?

Cobra93

Quote from: sportyaccordy on August 20, 2007, 12:13:48 PM
Yeah, shouldn't be too hard. Most Hondas, even stock, generate more impressive performance numbers than an oxcart.  :rolleyes:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Cobra93 on August 27, 2007, 10:04:23 AM
Yeah, shouldn't be too hard. Most Hondas, even stock, generate more impressive performance numbers than an oxcart.  :rolleyes:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

I saw something interesting today.  So here I am driving along at night, and there's this guy on a bike behind me, driving rather sensibly.  We both merge onto the highway and over the crest of the hill behind me another bike zips past at extremely high speeds.  He quickly disappears into the night.  The bike that was following me before continues to follow at around the speed limit.  Then a few seconds later a car zooms up from behind and gets right on the tail of the bike that is still following me, and then turns on the flashers.  Apparently he was a cop and pulls the bike over. 

So basically the cop assumed that this biker was the one that zoomed off into the distance, he must have lost sight of the first bike in the elevation changes and got them mixed up.  I was considering pulling over and clearing things up, but I was in a huge hurry.  Also I wasn't exactly jumping for the opprotunity to tell a cop he made a mistake.

I wonder how many situations like this happen from day to day.  I'm sure the biker will say "hey I wasn't speeding at all, you got me confused with another biker."  And the cop would probably say "right...."

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 565 on August 27, 2007, 08:58:14 PM
I saw something interesting today.? So here I am driving along at night, and there's this guy on a bike behind me, driving rather sensibly.? We both merge onto the highway and over the crest of the hill behind me another bike zips past at extremely high speeds.? He quickly disappears into the night.? The bike that was following me before continues to follow at around the speed limit.? Then a few seconds later a car zooms up from behind and gets right on the tail of the bike that is still following me, and then turns on the flashers.? Apparently he was a cop and pulls the bike over.?

So basically the cop assumed that this biker was the one that zoomed off into the distance, he must have lost sight of the first bike in the elevation changes and got them mixed up.? I was considering pulling over and clearing things up, but I was in a huge hurry.? Also I wasn't exactly jumping for the opprotunity to tell a cop he made a mistake.

I wonder how many situations like this happen from day to day.? I'm sure the biker will say "hey I wasn't speeding at all, you got me confused with another biker."? And the cop would probably say "right...."

And then it would just be a biker's word against a cop's- and its pretty predictable how that would pan out.

Sucks to be that dude I guess.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

I saw something interesting today.  So here I am driving along at night, and there's this guy on a bike behind me, driving rather sensibly.  We both merge onto the highway and over the crest of the hill behind me another bike zips past at extremely high speeds.  He quickly disappears into the night.  The bike that was following me before continues to follow at around the speed limit.  Then a few seconds later a car zooms up from behind and gets right on the tail of the bike that is still following me, and then turns on the flashers.  Apparently he was a cop and pulls the bike over. 

So basically the cop assumed that this biker was the one that zoomed off into the distance, he must have lost sight of the first bike in the elevation changes and got them mixed up.  I was considering pulling over and clearing things up, but I was in a huge hurry.  Also I wasn't exactly jumping for the opprotunity to tell a cop he made a mistake.

I wonder how many situations like this happen from day to day.  I'm sure the biker will say "hey I wasn't speeding at all, you got me confused with another biker."  And the cop would probably say "right...."

I would have pulled off (in the distance) and told the cop what happened.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Minpin

Quote from: Raza  on August 27, 2007, 09:16:34 PM

I bet the cop would still write that guy the ticket. So many unknowns the cop can't know, like are these two guys friends working together as a team? Keep in mind 565 drives a z06. Either way I feel bad for the guy on the motorcycle that got the ticket...things like that shouldn't happen. You would think we could have some kind of technology that when you laser  the car for the speed it could take some kind of photo or something like that so the cop could know for sure...
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10612.msg551218#msg551218 date=1188270994

I probably should have.  I'm feeling kinda bad about it now.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: 565 on August 27, 2007, 09:45:30 PM
I probably should have.? I'm feeling kinda bad about it now.

Don't. I doubt you could have done anything.

There's also the chance that the cop realized his mistake.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Rich

I wonder how many situations like this happen from day to day.? I'm sure the biker will say "hey I wasn't speeding at all, you got me confused with another biker."? And the cop would probably say "right...."

The same thing happened to a friend and I when we were driving on I90 Westbound in NY from Rome to 6 Flags Darien Lake.  We were in my friend's gold '96 Taurus flying down the highway, passing a dark metallic red Taurus when we see a cop in the median.  My friend slowed down and pulled into the right lane when he saw the cop put his flashers on.  We kep driving and saw the cop coming, the cop got in behind the red Taurus and pulled it over  :confused: :mask:
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

hounddog

I did not drive to work today, but I did driver; err; ride in my truck to the library with my son.? On our way we may or may not have hit 110 with the Ram.? But, then again, I do not drive.? Sooooooo. :huh:

By the way, I have ridden with Randy in the GTO a few times.  Something which must be experienced as words hardly do it justice.  Suffice as to say, I was terrified. :ohyeah:
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
~Abraham Lincoln

"Freedom and not servitude is the cure of anarchy; as religion, and not atheism, is the true remedy of superstition."
~Edmund Burke

Fighting the good fight, one beer at a time.