What's everybody's future plan for their car(s)?

Started by Secret Chimp, August 12, 2007, 10:10:43 PM

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on August 14, 2007, 11:47:37 PM
woot for us short pplz! :lol:

+1.  I actually have had to argue with photographers sometimes not to be put in the front row in team photos.  Thank god high school is over.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

heelntoe

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 11:56:38 PM
+1.  I actually have had to argue with photographers sometimes not to be put in the front row in team photos.  Thank god high school is over.
i wasn't on a team to begin with. i was pretty close to making the tennis team, but i stopped playing because i had to study. :(
@heelntoe

the Teuton

Quote from: heelntoe on August 14, 2007, 11:59:53 PM
i wasn't on a team to begin with. i was pretty close to making the tennis team, but i stopped playing because i had to study. :(

Study in high school?  Blasphemy!

Crap happens...like being short, for instance.  :lol:
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

heelntoe

ha. i say that but the only real studying i did was on the night before the exams. literally. it shows, my marks are well below average. i'm actually surprised i got into college, let alone get a free seat.

eh, i think shortness runs in my genes, my mom is 4'11" :huh:
@heelntoe

SVT_Power

Quote from: the Teuton on August 14, 2007, 11:56:38 PM

i'm trying to think of any team pictures in HS so far where i'm NOT in the front row...  :lol:
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raza

Since I won't be modding the Passat, and I won't be modding the Boxster for at least 4 years or so, I'll start with my next car, which I don't know what I'll get.

But I do have an idea that it will be FWD, so we can work from there.

Big rear sway bar.? I want to put my wheels in the air!
Possible LSD, depending on how much power I have, unless it already has one.?
Any suspension stiffening that may need to be done, I'll get to that when I get there; I don't know much about suspensions, but I have you guys, and my best friend races a FWD car, so he's a good source of knowledge as well.
Second set of rims with performance tires on them.? Maybe Advans, like the ones on the Evo, or perhaps ContiSportContact 2s.?

I'm taking suggestions, too.

EDIT:  99% chance it's a Viggen or Rabbit. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Champ

Just installed my new intercooler last night, took about 3.5 hours all said and done so it wasn't too bad!

I am ready to race next week!

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10624.msg540363#msg540363 date=1187180843
Since I won't be modding the Passat, and I won't be modding the Boxster for at least 4 years or so, I'll start with my next car, which I don't know what I'll get.

But I do have an idea that it will be FWD, so we can work from there.

Big rear sway bar.? I want to put my wheels in the air!
Possible LSD, depending on how much power I have, unless it already has one.?
Any suspension stiffening that may need to be done, I'll get to that when I get there; I don't know much about suspensions, but I have you guys, and my best friend races a FWD car, so he's a good source of knowledge as well.
Second set of rims with performance tires on them.? Maybe Advans, like the ones on the Evo, or perhaps ContiSportContact 2s.?

I'm taking suggestions, too.

It's too bad this is so expensive.

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php?selMake=10&selModel=4550&selSub=441&selPerf=1&selTip=1348%231.0%23none.gif&Submit.x=70&Submit.y=16
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

MaxPower

I just ordered Bilstein shocks for the front end of my Tacoma.  I replaced the rear suspension a few months ago and I've been itching to get the old front struts out and put matching Bilstein's back in.  I also need to do some basic maintenance, like replacing the spark plugs.

I was curious about replacing my tail/brake lights with LEDs but I'd like to keep the stock look of the taillight assembly.  It doesn't look like there's anything on the market that will keep the stock look and I'm not sold on the replacement bulbs, so I'll have to shelve that project until another time.

Raza

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Champ on August 15, 2007, 08:33:57 AM
Just installed my new intercooler last night, took about 3.5 hours all said and done so it wasn't too bad!

I am ready to race next week!

Cool!

What kind of race?
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

S204STi

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 15, 2007, 08:45:05 AM

It's too bad this is so expensive.

http://www.eisenhaus.com/ehprice.php?selMake=10&selModel=4550&selSub=441&selPerf=1&selTip=1348%231.0%23none.gif&Submit.x=70&Submit.y=16

Over 5 grand for just the cat-back...still, very nice looking exhaust, very fancy.

Sounds freakin' gorgeous!

Eye of the Tiger

Raza, I will build you a cat back for only $4000.  :devil:

Champ

Quote from: NACar on August 15, 2007, 10:33:07 AM

Cool!

What kind of race?
Road racing at Waterford Hills Raceway near Detroit.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10624.msg540587#msg540587 date=1187195399
That's the one you posted before, right?

Eventually

I don't remember posting it before but if I did this was probably the one.

Eye of the Tiger

sportyaccordy

Hmmm.... I'm getting a lot of overtime now, but the Maxima's chassis is crap.

The only things I'm thinking of doing are:
- Getting a whole new stereo (Pioneer HU, Dayton/Tang Band speakers, Profile amp)
- Tokico HP suspension kit
- Pacesetter exhaust
- Warpspeed y-pipe.

I'm saving up to move to another apartment, and probably buy an E36 or old E46 some time next summer. $1500 or so in mods isn't too bad, and I won't it all when I sell it next year.

Champ

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Champ on August 15, 2007, 01:52:48 PM
I posted you guys should come!

If you buy my track time, tires and brake pads, I'm there!  :P

280Z Turbo

Quote from: Champ on August 15, 2007, 01:52:48 PM
I posted you guys should come!

You should come over here to Gingerman!

The Z needs new paint and the intercooler installed. Also have a DXD clutch for it that needs to go in.

The Focus gets nothing except an oil change.

Eye of the Tiger

I wish the 'st33m needed a new intetercooler.  :cry:

Secret Chimp

It took me two hours to get my cap and rotor replaced. First, NAPA gave me the wrong cap and likely the wrong rotor. I had to drive to a different store around 10 miles away to get the matching rotor. Then after I got the cap off, it was still the wrong rotor inside. I had to spend 15 minutes in the shop while some guy figured out what rotor I needed.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

Rupert

Well, the Ranger needs some tune-up bits... Doing that this weekend. I've got a canopy for it that I want to convert to a camper. I'm too tall for the bed unless the tailgate is down, so I have to find a way that is waterproof through a storm to seal off everything.

But, really, I'll by a Trooper in a year or three. :lol:
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Secret Chimp

Quote from: Psilos on August 16, 2007, 05:19:30 PM
Well, the Ranger needs some tune-up bits... Doing that this weekend. I've got a canopy for it that I want to convert to a camper. I'm too tall for the bed unless the tailgate is down, so I have to find a way that is waterproof through a storm to seal off everything.

But, really, I'll by a Trooper in a year or three. :lol:

Sleep with your head to the cab and put a garbage bag over your feet :P

93JC

Quote from: 93JC on August 13, 2007, 07:58:34 AM
Spirit:
- replace the rear brake discs. I'm 99% sure the driver's side is warped, and the passenger side is in rough shape, so I might as well replace them.
- general tune up; plugs, distributor cap, filters, check hoses, check belts, chassis lube
- find out why three of my speakers are crackling. Could be the speakers are toast, but I have a feeling the radio antenna is at fault (it's a little bent). I need to find a cassette to test it out.
- figure out what's making my rear suspension squeak (probably bushings, but I'm not sure)
(- long term, rebuild the heads, 'cause I'm burning a LOT of oil...)

Cherokee:
- get it running :lol:

:praise:

Went pretty well, other than I pinched the edge of my palm between the driver's side disc and the bracket. Hurt like a mofo at the time, and still hurts. I'm going to have one hell of a bruise.

Also, whilst driving around trying to get the pads to seat properly I almost sideswiped somebody as I made a left turn. He was in the lane next to me, was going wide, I thought into the lane two lanes to my right. He pulled into the lane to my immediate right, which I was changing into.

Big monster F-150 though; I have a feeling he didn't see me changing lanes until the last second. When I looked over my shoulder when he honked I couldn't see anything but his tire. :mask:

Then, as I got further, I could hear a clicking noise. Sounded even worse than the grinding noise the warped disc made. Shit.

Pulled into a big, empty parking lot, did lots of 0-70-0 runs, didn't get any better. Shit.

Slowed to a crawl, opened the door, leaned out and listened... "Sounds almost like the wheel's coming off..."

:mask:

I could unscrew the lug nuts with my hand. :mask:

So, as I jacked the offending wheel up again, a thunderstorm rolls in. Shit! Shit! I'm getting poured on! Shit!

I made it home in one piece, and it seems I have cured the atrocious grinding at the driver's side wheel and the awful pulsating through the brake pedal. I'll check the wheels again before I go anywhere later tonight or tomorrow... :mask:

JYODER240

Quote from: 93JC on August 18, 2007, 06:01:32 PM
:praise:

Went pretty well, other than I pinched the edge of my palm between the driver's side disc and the bracket. Hurt like a mofo at the time, and still hurts. I'm going to have one hell of a bruise.

Also, whilst driving around trying to get the pads to seat properly I almost sideswiped somebody as I made a left turn. He was in the lane next to me, was going wide, I thought into the lane two lanes to my right. He pulled into the lane to my immediate right, which I was changing into.

Big monster F-150 though; I have a feeling he didn't see me changing lanes until the last second. When I looked over my shoulder when he honked I couldn't see anything but his tire. :mask:

Then, as I got further, I could hear a clicking noise. Sounded even worse than the grinding noise the warped disc made. Shit.

Pulled into a big, empty parking lot, did lots of 0-70-0 runs, didn't get any better. Shit.

Slowed to a crawl, opened the door, leaned out and listened... "Sounds almost like the wheel's coming off..."

:mask:

I could unscrew the lug nuts with my hand. :mask:

So, as I jacked the offending wheel up again, a thunderstorm rolls in. Shit! Shit! I'm getting poured on! Shit!

I made it home in one piece, and it seems I have cured the atrocious grinding at the driver's side wheel and the awful pulsating through the brake pedal. I'll check the wheels again before I go anywhere later tonight or tomorrow... :mask:

You're not the first person here to forget to tighten their lugnuts :mask:

Secret Chimp

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 18, 2007, 06:09:46 PM
You're not the first person here to forget to tighten their lugnuts :mask:

You guys are weirdos, I carry my torque wrench with me from wheel to wheel as I put the nuts back on :P

JYODER240

Quote from: Secret Chimp on August 18, 2007, 07:56:27 PM
You guys are weirdos, I carry my torque wrench with me from wheel to wheel as I put the nuts back on :P

Well I tighten mine and then I go around the car and torque them. I missed a wheel and a few days later my lugnuts started falling off.