HEMI's rowing his own gears again!!!!

Started by SVT666, August 15, 2007, 07:51:05 PM

sportyaccordy

Congrats... on saving  a lot of money

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Raza

Now you have to change your name to Sunfire666! 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

IrishGuy

I miss my Sunfire.

Enjoy the "new" car. My Sunfire was the one car I could always depend on.
2022 Toyota 4Runner Limited

SVT666

Quote from: 280Z Turbo on August 15, 2007, 10:17:27 PM
The J-body would be good value for the money were it not for one little problem...

The Focus ZX3 or ZX5 was my first choice, but I couldn't find a single one in my price range.  I even had a dealer checking the Lease Returns for the entire province every two days and nothing like that was coming back.  In a couple years if I can find a Focus I will sell the Sunfire and buy one of those.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10671.msg541273#msg541273 date=1187266218
Now you have to change your name to Sunfire666!?
I don't know what I'm going to change my name to.  I'll start a thread for suggestions in General Talk. :ohyeah:

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 16, 2007, 07:46:07 AM
I don't know what I'm going to change my name to.? I'll start a thread for suggestions in General Talk. :ohyeah:

Neutered666?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza ?link=topic=10671.msg541324#msg541324 date=1187272217
Neutered666?
I've already started the thread in General Talk...and I don't like that name. :lol:

SVT666

I actually made an attempt at buying M_Power's SVT Contour, but after the shipping on the train and the rebuild it would have ended up out of my price range.  If I lived closer and didn't have to pay for the shipping, I would have bought it....and then sold it because the wife would have found out it doesn't get 30 mpg. :lol:

93JC

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 16, 2007, 07:44:31 AM
The Focus ZX3 or ZX5 was my first choice, but I couldn't find a single one in my price range.? I even had a dealer checking the Lease Returns for the entire province every two days and nothing like that was coming back.? In a couple years if I can find a Focus I will sell the Sunfire and buy one of those.

I'm shocked and disgusted at the prices a Focus will command. Even 2000s will go for $8000+

sportyaccordy

Quote from: 93JC on August 16, 2007, 08:51:48 AM
I'm shocked and disgusted at the prices a Focus will command. Even 2000s will go for $8000+
I thought they were really cheap. I see them around here going for 4-5k

Champ

I didn't read through, but is this actually a manual? (thread title)

ro51092

Quote from: Champ on August 16, 2007, 09:24:15 AM
I didn't read through, but is this actually a manual? (thread title)

Nope, he bought an automatic and is rowing his gears that way.

Champ

Quote from: ro51092 on August 16, 2007, 09:26:43 AM
Nope, he bought an automatic and is rowing his gears that way.
That sounds backwards, but thanks for the clarification!

heelntoe

congrats Troy. it's a good looking car and i hope you have lot's of fun motoring with it. :ohyeah:

Quote from: the Teuton on August 15, 2007, 10:02:15 PM

is that the same edo that modifies porsches and such? :lol:
@heelntoe

ro51092

FIU Panther

Congrats Troy.

The wife being able to stay home with the kids is worth more than any car will ever give you.
2007 Nissan Maxima 3.5 SL

Northlands

I know you've taken a lot of abuse on the new car purchase, but I won't be giving you any.

Even from looking around here, that was a decent price you bought that car for. Lowest I saw in the Auto Trader here was $5500 , and had more kms on the thing.

It's always good to save a ton of money like that, especially when you need to like now. As for the wife staying home with the kids, you just can't put a price on that kind of care, so getting this car and being able to afford to do this is definitely worth it.

Congrats on the saved $$$!!  :rockon:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

S204STi

Congrats, and kudos for the choices surrounding the decision.  The Sunfire is certainly the better looking of the J bodies, and overall they're pretty solid cars.

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 16, 2007, 07:44:31 AM
The Focus ZX3 or ZX5 was my first choice, but I couldn't find a single one in my price range.? I even had a dealer checking the Lease Returns for the entire province every two days and nothing like that was coming back.? In a couple years if I can find a Focus I will sell the Sunfire and buy one of those.

Did Ford sell the SVT Focus up north?  If so, maybe you could hold out for one of those down the road.

the_koof

My apologies with the car you bought. But if it works for you, best of luck with it.
"If you only work on the days you feel good, you won't get much done in your life."

Ron From Regina

Quote from: R-inge on August 16, 2007, 10:48:50 AM
Did Ford sell the SVT Focus up north?? If so, maybe you could hold out for one of those down the road.
I think so, cuz I've seen a few of them on the road around here.

Ron From Regina

J-Bodies are a solid car. I've still got my 93 sunbird with the 2.0L / 5spd. Its no race car, but at around 300,000K, it doesn't use a drop of oil, and I've never had a single issue with it I couldn't sort out on my own in a few minutes.

I've put a clutch, and about 5 sets of front brakes into it,  otherwise, it just keeps on going.  Also, its never had a wheel alignment, and still tracks streight down the road. I'm beginning to think I'll never have a good reason to buy a new winter car.

SVT_Power

Quote from: R-inge on August 16, 2007, 10:48:50 AM
Did Ford sell the SVT Focus up north?  If so, maybe you could hold out for one of those down the road.

Yeah we got the SVTF's
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

FoMoJo

Sounds good :ohyeah:!

2.4 litre 4 cylinder DOHC 150 hp Getrag 5 speed?
"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

well Mark said 2000's go for $8000+ so i was just showing him that it doesn't (at least around here)

the Teuton

Quote from: M_power on August 16, 2007, 11:20:11 AM
well Mark said 2000's go for $8000+ so i was just showing him that it doesn't (at least around here)

Good point.  For a while it seemed like Ford was competing against BMW to see which company could get the most recalls on their cars.  The Focus and X3 were neck and neck until BMW seemingly just kinda quit and let the Focus have the title of the most recalled vehicle ever.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

SVT_Power

I remember looking up my aunt's X5 and it had 11 recalls. 11!