Lotus Exige Sport 240

Started by SVT666, August 27, 2007, 10:39:23 AM

SVT666

Even though I think this car looks like a bad kit car, I think it's about time the car got the power it deserves to match it's handling characteristics...240 hp.

Lotus Exige Sport 240

omicron

QuoteThe Exige Sport 240 will be offered exclusively in the Australian market

:praise:

SVT_Power

How the hell do you make a "sport" version of a exige?
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

JYODER240

So it's basically our Exige with another 20hp.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Onslaught

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 27, 2007, 10:39:23 AM
Even though I think this car looks like a bad kit car, I think it's about time the car got the power it deserves to match it's handling characteristics...240 hp.

Lotus Exige Sport 240

WTF? But all the plastic nonfunctional hood and side shit on Mustangs look great don't' they?
Any version of this car is absolutely awesome in my book.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Soup DeVille

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 27, 2007, 11:05:27 AM
So it's basically our Exige with another 20hp.

Steering wheel's on the wrong side.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

omicron

LonghornTX

Badass....

On another note, it seems the Lotus dealer in town is going out of business....
Difficult takes a day, impossible takes a week.

nickdrinkwater

They really need to bring back the Esprit.  I saw a 1998 model the other day and they still look fantastic IMO.  Lotus can't just rely on the Elise/Exige in America, IMO.

Do they sell the Europa in the States?

heelntoe

@heelntoe

SVT666

Quote from: Onslaught on August 27, 2007, 07:52:38 PM
WTF? But all the plastic nonfunctional hood and side shit on Mustangs look great don't' they?
This car looks like a kit car.  I think it looks cheap.  The Mustang doesn't look like a kit car, and the only scoop I like on the Mustang is the Shelby GT's riveted Cobra scoop.  Otherwise I don't like the fake scoops on the Mustang.

Onslaught

I think they look bas ass. One of the best affordable sports cars in the world.

Raghavan

Hemi's gone blind...
:nono:
This car is awesome.

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on August 28, 2007, 03:50:23 PM
Hemi's gone blind...
:nono:
This car is awesome.
Hey, jsut because I think the car looks like ass doesn't mean I think the car sucks.  It's a great car, it just looks like something a 10 year old boy would design.

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 28, 2007, 08:02:38 AM
This car looks like a kit car.? I think it looks cheap.? The Mustang doesn't look like a kit car, and the only scoop I like on the Mustang is the Shelby GT's riveted Cobra scoop.? Otherwise I don't like the fake scoops on the Mustang.

so wait a second. The Exige looks like a cheap kit car but this hood scoop looks good?

Eye of the Tiger

it's fugly because it's fake
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

JYODER240

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 28, 2007, 04:36:07 PM
and it's riveted
That's because it's exactly the same as the scoop that was on the original Shelby Cobras.  It looks badass in person.  But one scoop does not make the Mustang look like a kit car.  The entire Lotus package looks like a kit car.  Style is subjective.  I think it looks like ass, you don't.  So what?  Leave it at that.  No amount of arguing is going to change my opinion or yours.

Eye of the Tiger

Sure, styling is subjective, but you at least have to give Lotus some credit for not just tacking on a hood scoop from a 40-year old car and calling it a day. Recycling ancient body parts because you know people will eat it up may be smart business, but to anyone who isn't hyptotized by Mustang-Shelby-GT-fever, it's a piss-poor, lazy-ass, ugly thing to do to a car that is already suffering from excessive retroness. Honestly, I don't even care about it, but what pisses me off is how that fake hood scoop has somehow become the focal point of the entire car! Rice0rs!
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Onslaught

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 28, 2007, 05:39:04 PM
That's because it's exactly the same as the scoop that was on the original Shelby Cobras.? It looks badass in person.? But one scoop does not make the Mustang look like a kit car.? The entire Lotus package looks like a kit car.? Style is subjective.? I think it looks like ass, you don't.? So what?? Leave it at that.? No amount of arguing is going to change my opinion or yours.
No, but it's nice to know your opinion is wrong and mine is right.  ;)

Raghavan

Quote from: Onslaught on August 28, 2007, 09:12:11 PM
+ eleventybillion

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Onslaught on August 28, 2007, 09:12:11 PM

:lol:

FWIW I think the Elise is a timeless design, in that it looks like something designed by Hot Wheels; a toy car for grownups. I absolutely love it.

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on August 28, 2007, 05:39:04 PM
That's because it's exactly the same as the scoop that was on the original Shelby Cobras.? It looks badass in person.? But one scoop does not make the Mustang look like a kit car.? The entire Lotus package looks like a kit car.? Style is subjective.? I think it looks like ass, you don't.? So what?? Leave it at that.? No amount of arguing is going to change my opinion or yours.

you can feel free to like it but it doesn't matter that it looks like the ones on the original Cobras. That was 1967 this 2007. There's no reason why it should be riveted on and it's non-functional on top of that.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on August 28, 2007, 09:56:04 PM
you can feel free to like it but it doesn't matter that it looks like the ones on the original Cobras. That was 1967 this 2007. There's no reason why it should be riveted on and it's non-functional on top of that.

+1

Its non-functionality makes it ricey.

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on August 28, 2007, 09:56:57 PM
+1

Its non-functionality makes it ricey.

that doesn't bother me that much as long as it looks good. lots of cars have nonfunctional design details but if you're going to have a hoodscoop that looks like it was a tacked-on after thought from someone's garage it should atleast have some type of performance advantage.

SVT666

Like I said: Styling is subjective and no amount of arguing is going to change anyone's opinion.

This will always be the ultimate Elise

deesea

Quote from: 565 on August 29, 2007, 08:22:32 AM
This will always be the ultimate Elise

which elise is that? I've never seen it, nor heard of it....

the exige looks awesome, and the esprit looks damn good as well, I saw one about a week ago, shame it was starting to rust a bit on the C-pillar, but it was still pretty badass  :rockon:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher