C&D: '08 Viper vs. '07 Z06

Started by GoCougs, August 30, 2007, 07:46:25 PM

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 03, 2007, 04:54:35 PM
I haven't driven one but I have ridden in one and it's not as bad you make it out to be.? I always love how the haters always exagerate.

How am I hating on the Viper? I said it is a good car for setting fast times on the track, which it is. As far as a road car it isn't good. It has a cheap interior, is uncomfortable, bad shifter, rough ride, it's cabin is very hot, isn't very good on back roads, etc.? That's just the truth and you can find it in just about any review ever written on it. I'm not a hater, you're just a troll. I could say the same about a GT3 RS and you wouldn't have a problem with it because it's not a Mustang/Viper/Muscle car/etc.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raghavan

Trep - Minpin is a real man and has 3 pedals in his tC. :praise:

Hemi - Yoder's telling the truth and he's not badmouthing it in any way. You just don't want to admit that the viper (and your truck) are unrefined and ride roughly.

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 03, 2007, 09:08:18 PM
How am I hating on the Viper? I said it is a good car for setting fast times on the track, which it is. As far as a road car it isn't good. It has a cheap interior, is uncomfortable, bad shifter, rough ride, it's cabin is very hot, isn't very good on back roads, etc.? That's just the truth and you can find it in just about any review ever written on it. I'm not a hater, you're just a troll. I could say the same about a GT3 RS and you wouldn't have a problem with it because it's not a Mustang/Viper/Muscle car/etc.
Fine.  The Viper drives just like a truck.  Sometimes you (and NACar and a few others) can be so childish.  Saying it drives like a truck is a gross exageration and you can't even admit it.  Fine, I'll be the bigger man here and say that I give up because I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.  I can't wait for the day when you realize you don't know everything.

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on September 03, 2007, 09:15:08 PM
Hemi - Yoder's telling the truth and he's not badmouthing it in any way. You just don't want to admit that the viper (and your truck) are unrefined and ride roughly.
You're right.  Yoder knows all.

BTW, I never said my truck didn't have a rough ride.  Which is why I can truthfully say the Viper and Mustang don't drive like trucks.  My truck which has a very smooth ride for a truck bounces all over the fucking place.  But what do I know?

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 03, 2007, 10:09:27 PM
Fine.? The Viper drives just like a truck.? Sometimes you (and NACar and a few others) can be so childish.? Saying it drives like a truck is a gross exageration and you can't even admit it.? Fine, I'll be the bigger man here and say that I give up because I obviously don't know what I'm talking about.? I can't wait for the day when you realize you don't know everything.

Wait a second. We're the ones who act childish and think we know it all?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Where's Mills Lane when you need him?  ;)
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

omicron

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Submariner

Quote from: the Teuton on September 03, 2007, 11:26:28 PM
This debate is getting nowhere.

It's like watching two dogs attack each other, but they're chained to their respective houses, so they can't bite each other, but just barely.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Nethead

In summary, the Z06 is the more comfortable vehicle in which to watch the Viper's taillights relentlessly pull away.  Different strokes for different folks...

So many stairs...so little time...

280Z Turbo

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 03, 2007, 10:12:08 PM
You're right. Yoder knows all.

BTW, I never said my truck didn't have a rough ride. Which is why I can truthfully say the Viper and Mustang don't drive like trucks. My truck which has a very smooth ride for a truck bounces all over the fucking place. But what do I know?

I'm sure the Viper has trucklike characteristics.

A stiff ride, lots of noise, stiff clutch, and a clunky shifter are all things that I've felt before on trucks. My dad's '63 Corvette drives like a truck too, I guess, but it was never meant to be nice and quiet either. :huh:

I don't see why you're so offended by the whole "truck" thing. Nobody thinks it handles like one around a racetrack, it's just uncomfortable around town (similar to an old truck).