6 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 20

SVT666

nickdrinkwater

Neither.

If I had a gun to my head, Miata.

the Teuton

That Viper looks awesome.  I wants!
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Laconian

Bah. Our roads are too congested, hardscrabble, and policed to be able to enjoy the Viper in a manner that is safe or legal. I don't need those side sills to fry my eggs and bacon, I have a stove for that.

The MX-5 is a much more balanced package. I'd prefer to have one in my garage. But I would love to have a friend who could toss me the keys to his Viper from time to time :)
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

ifcar

MX-5, easy. In routine driving, it's about as much fun driving a delivery truck as a Viper, and you can see out of the truck better and aren't as likely to injure yourself getting in and out.

S204STi

I'd prefer the one without the gas-guzzler tax, with reasonable insurance, and good fuel economy/power/performance compromise.  (Hint: Starts with an M and ends with iata).

the Teuton

While I'd rather drive the Miata, I'd rather be seen in the Viper.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

BMWDave

Quote from: ifcar on September 07, 2007, 12:07:22 PM
MX-5, easy. In routine driving, it's about as much fun driving a delivery truck as a Viper, and you can see out of the truck better and aren't as likely to injure yourself getting in and out.

:lol: :lol:  I absolutely love the Miata.  I know this comparo isn't fair, but if I had to park this on the street, pay insurance/gas guzzling, I'd buy the Miata.  The Viper is a scary quick car, and dynamically, I don't think it's so good.  It doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

Eye of the Tiger

Are you trying to say the Viper is as much fun as your Sedona? In that case, I'm suprised you picked the Miata. :evildude:

I'll take the Viper because it's completely insane. I don't mind driving an insane vehicle. I only wish it wasn't so conspicuous. You just can't drive a Viper around without people noticing.
But if I ever feel an urgent need for "balance", I'll just sell the Viper and buy two Miatas, a new motorcycle, and a pommel horse.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Submariner

I would pick up a coupe...

Viper that is.

Then I'd take it to a skilled car restoration center, and gut the interior...
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

SVT666

I'm not thinking of terms of daily drivers.  A car like this would be a weekend car for me, and the Viper fits that bill better.

ifcar

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 07, 2007, 02:17:01 PM
I'm not thinking of terms of daily drivers.  A car like this would be a weekend car for me, and the Viper fits that bill better.

It would definitely be the other way for me. MX-5 as a daily driver, Sedona for the times I need to carry stuff.

Raghavan

If i could take a coupe, it'd be the Viper. Otherwise, i'd have a Miata anyday.

850CSi

Quote from: the Teuton on September 07, 2007, 12:41:28 PM
While I'd rather drive the Miata, I'd rather be seen in the Viper.

Yep.

Although a Viper on a closed course, with the insane power and terrible handling, could be very fun.

Onslaught

I'll be honest. I think the Viper is butt ugly and always have. And I wouldn't want one at all. If you gave me one I'd sell it as soon as I could and get something better that cost less.

Soup DeVille

Try to make it a little more fair: What if it was a bone-stock brand new Viper against a well race-prepped MX-5 that came with a trailer, a tow vehicle and a decent complement of spares.

They could be done for about the same money, and if you factor in what insurance would cost for the Viper, you could probably campaign the Mazda all season long.

So, the question becomes: for about the same money do you want an ultra-powerful cool as hell sportscar that you could drive to the local starbucks and impress people with, or do you want to go racing in your girlie car?
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

the Teuton

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 07, 2007, 04:49:17 PM
Try to make it a little more fair: What if it was a bone-stock brand new Viper against a well race-prepped MX-5 that came with a trailer, a tow vehicle and a decent complement of spares.

They could be done for about the same money, and if you factor in what insurance would cost for the Viper, you could probably campaign the Mazda all season long.

So, the question becomes: for about the same money do you want an ultra-powerful cool as hell sportscar that you could drive to the local starbucks and impress people with, or do you want to go racing in your girlie car?

Until I have a whole fleet, I want to be able to drive my cars on the street.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on September 07, 2007, 05:22:06 PM
Until I have a whole fleet, I want to be able to drive my cars on the street.

Well, since you'd have to be a masochist to use a Viper as a daily commuter anyways, using either of those options as if they needed to be only vehicles isn't really viable in the first place.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

sandertheshark

For a track toy, Viper.

For a daily driver, MX-5.

I already have a daily driver that does everything better than an MX-5, but I could always use more toys.  I voted Viper.

the Teuton

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 07, 2007, 05:24:48 PM
Well, since you'd have to be a masochist to use a Viper as a daily commuter anyways, using either of those options as if they needed to be only vehicles isn't really viable in the first place.

Which one could I pick up women in a lot more easily?

Soup DeVille

Quote from: the Teuton on September 07, 2007, 05:32:09 PM

Depends on how heavy they are?

Obviously the Viper wins the "impresses people" category hands-down.

Me? I'm married, I can pick-up zero women in either car.

Minpin

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 07, 2007, 05:34:49 PM
Depends on how heavy they are?

Obviously the Viper wins the "impresses people" category hands-down.

Me? I'm married, I can pick-up zero women in either car.

:lol: :lol:

FWIW the viper would pick up the girls one time, as soon as the burn themselves on it they won't ever get back in it!
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

ro51092

Rupert

Viper, stock to stock. MX-5 if it's race prepped.
Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Onslaught

I can tell you from personal experience that a car is irrelevant. I've had some girls do some crazy stuff in an MX-5.

JYODER240

Which car could you pick up cars in?

Probably neither :devil: :lol:
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

sportyaccordy

I would have to say the Miata. I would probably buy a new one if the stock motor had 200HP, and it came with a hatchback.

omicron

The Viper. That thing would be so wonderfully distinctive on the streets of Adelaide.

nickdrinkwater

If you drive the Viper, you look like a cock.  If you drive the MX-5, you look like a girl.  Depends what your personal taste is!

Tave

As I write, highly civilized human beings are flying overhead, trying to kill me.

Quote from: thecarnut on March 16, 2008, 10:33:43 AM
Depending on price, that could be a good deal.