S2000 or Vette convertible

S2000
14 (46.7%)
Vette vert
16 (53.3%)

Total Members Voted: 25

r0tor

Quote from: 565 on September 11, 2007, 09:55:50 AM
Compare this to the wonderful RX8 I drove later.  It didn't have much more torque, but it felt 10 times better around traffic simply because the engine was so smooth and so happy to rev to any RPM.  As long as you don't hit the rev limiter, the RPMS are pretty meaningless in an RX8.  Want to cruise at 8K,  go right ahead, it feels alot like cruising at 3K.

yup  :praise:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

850CSi

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 11, 2007, 09:56:39 AM
Yeah it wasn't the brightest idea but coming from the people who brough us iDrive what do you expect? Even still if having to insert a key and press a button bothers you that much you need help.

The reason is because if the battery goes dead in the key, you have no way of starting the car (Other than dismantling the key, using that to unlock the car, and praying you left the valet key in the glove box).

the Teuton

How many years do I have to keep it?  I would rather keep a Honda over the long haul because Vettes tend to look dated faster.  I still haven't voted yet.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

nickdrinkwater

Maybe it's because they aren't common over here, but I actually think Corvettes are pretty attention grabbing.
It's hard decision between the S2000 and the Corvette though.

Champ

Quote from: 850CSi on September 11, 2007, 11:03:44 AM
The reason is because if the battery goes dead in the key, you have no way of starting the car (Other than dismantling the key, using that to unlock the car, and praying you left the valet key in the glove box).
They over engineered that and came out on the losing side.  There were a bunch of different options they have.

A) Use a regular key like they had been doing forever.
B) Offer a a metal key inside the fob that pops out that actually works.  Infiniti does this and the metal key will start the car if your fob dies or gets wet or w/e.  (see also: VW, Porsche, Volvo, Audi)
C) Monitor battery life in the fob to give adequate warning.  My car tells me when my key fob battery is getting weak.

etc.

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 11, 2007, 08:31:51 AM
Just because it is a car posuers flock to doesn't mean it's a bad car to drive. Sure driving a 3-series is cliche but that doesn't mean it's a junk car.

Never said it was junk.  I give credit where due.  I even voted for the M3's engine in the other thread.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11105.msg566139#msg566139 date=1189543095
Never said it was junk.  I give credit where due.  I even voted for the M3's engine in the other thread.

You've called them uninvolving more than once ;)
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 11, 2007, 03:16:58 PM
You've called them uninvolving more than once ;)

The BMWs I drove were uninvolving.  And if I had called any other ones uninvolving, it was speculation.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Onslaught

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 11, 2007, 10:29:53 AM
This coming from someone who loves Miatas???
I can't put my finger on it. I think its the side view or something. It need something like a body line or molding or...... something. I normally like very simple designs without bulging crap all over it. For for whatever reason the S2000 never "did it" for me. It's not bad looking but I'm not in love with it.

And I'm more a fan of the Miata because of it's mechanical simplicity and reliability and fun factor than I am over their looks.

Onslaught

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 11, 2007, 09:18:52 AM
The S2000's styling is Bleh! and the engine is a torqueless wonder.
Cars with "torqueless wonder" motos can be the most fun.
RX-7
RX-8
S2000
1.6 MX-5

Raza

Quote from: Onslaught on September 11, 2007, 03:28:12 PM
RX-7
RX-8
S2000
1.6 MX-5

Nope.  Considering how hard an M3 is to drive in traffic, those cars will only move downhill, I bet.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11105.msg566196#msg566196 date=1189546318
Nope.  Considering how hard an M3 is to drive in traffic, those cars will only move downhill, I bet.

And we all know how important having lots of power in traffic is.

Onslaught

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 11, 2007, 03:36:27 PM
And we all know how important having lots of power in traffic is.
It's true. I have to wait until the wind blows the right direction and make my girl steer as I get out and push to make it up a hill. I'm sure Rotor has the same problems in that POS he drives.

That's a joke Rotor. I love your car.

JYODER240

Quote from: Onslaught on September 11, 2007, 03:37:34 PM
It's true. I have to wait until the wind blows the right direction and make my girl steer as I get out and push to make it up a hill. I'm sure Rotor has the same problems in that POS he drives.

That's a joke Rotor. I love your car.

I know besides that why do 400hp and 400lb/ft in traffic? Where are you going to go?

SVT666

Quote from: Onslaught on September 11, 2007, 03:28:12 PM
RX-7
RX-8
S2000
1.6 MX-5

The car I drive right now is just as fast as an MX-5 in a straight line and it's got nowhere near enough power for me.  I don't give a shit about power for driving in traffic (and I NEVER stated otherwise) since I don't drive in traffic.  I love boat loads of power.  Its a personal preference.  Those cars you listed are all cars I would never even consider because of the powerplants.  The final generation RX-7 is the lone exception because I would drop a GM small block in it...that car is just so damn sexy.

Onslaught

You and I are different. But we knew that already.  I wouldn't touch a MX-5 or RX-7 with a V8 in it. Now I can wait for ChrisV to bitch at me for saying that.

r0tor

Quote from: Onslaught on September 11, 2007, 03:37:34 PM

its how i'm building up my calf muscles!!
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

TBR

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 11, 2007, 08:31:51 AM
Just because it is a car posuers flock to doesn't mean it's a bad car to drive. Sure driving a 3-series is cliche but that doesn't mean it's a junk car.

I'd personally argue that Porsches are rather cliched too, perhaps more so than BMWs. And that is coming from someone who is a big Porsche fan, but not a big fan of most BMWs.

TheIntrepid

I'd drive a Vette with that new interior. :rockon:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TBR

And I am not voting in this thread because I can't see myself buying either. I am just not a Vette person and, like 565, I think that the RX-8 has most of the advantages of the S2000 without a lot of the disadvantages.

850CSi

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 11, 2007, 03:48:11 PM
The car I drive right now is just as fast as an MX-5 in a straight line and it's got nowhere near enough power for me.  I don't give a shit about power for driving in traffic (and I NEVER stated otherwise) since I don't drive in traffic.  I love boat loads of power.  Its a personal preference.  Those cars you listed are all cars I would never even consider because of the powerplants.  The final generation RX-7 is the lone exception because I would drop a GM small block in it...that car is just so damn sexy.

I'm the same way. I'm having a hard time coming to grips with the fact that this poll is even close.

850CSi

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 11, 2007, 09:32:15 PM
I'd drive a Vette with that new interior. :rockon:

I'd take a C4 over an S2000.

Onslaught

Quote from: 850CSi on September 11, 2007, 10:25:44 PM
I'd take a C4 over an S2000.

Hope you don't have to work on it!

southdiver1

Quote from: Raza  on September 10, 2007, 10:25:48 PM
Why do you hate the S2000?  Because it had a push button start before you?

Raza...
Just as an FYI, my Cadillac has a push button start. It was built in 1949.
Push button start is nothing new. It is just making a comeback.
I came into this world kicking, screaming, pissed off, and covered in someone elses blood.
If I do it right, I will leave this world in the same condition.

Raza

Quote from: southdiver1 on September 12, 2007, 07:07:42 AM
Raza...
Just as an FYI, my Cadillac has a push button start. It was built in 1949.
Push button start is nothing new. It is just making a comeback.

I know, I know.  And adaptive headlamps have been around since the 50s. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

nickdrinkwater

Having seen a stunning orange Corvette convertible the other day, I pick that.

Vinsanity

To be completely honest, if I had the money, I would take an LS3 droptop Corvette in a heartbeat. But you all know I have a duty ... :praise: