New Mods!

Started by TheIntrepid, September 11, 2007, 05:52:41 PM

AKL

No need to check. I did it already  :ohyeah:

You can tint the front/passenger doors here in Ontario but only to 35%. I don't think anyone would tint the front window, law or no law.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

TheIntrepid

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 17, 2007, 03:51:13 PM
Trep, I suggest you check the Ontario laws regarding tint because out here in Alberta and BC you can have whatever tint you want on all windows except the windshield and front driver and passenger door windows.  No aftermarket tint is allowed by law on those windows.

Abdul Kevin Little (AKL) knows the laws, and just posted that 35% is the max allowed on the front two and 35% on the rears. Nothing on the windshield.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

ro51092

AKL

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 03:54:49 PM
Abdul Kevin Little (AKL) knows the laws, and just posted that 35% is the max allowed on the front two and 35% on the rears. Nothing on the windshield.

15 percent on the rears  :rolleyes:

Quote from: ro51092 on September 17, 2007, 03:57:18 PM
5% tint? That's a lot.
I've only seen ricers who have tint that dark  :lol: Won't really make a difference I mean the stickers, huge spoilers and huge exhausts already impede so much of their vision.

Oh and limo's.
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

Champ

Having ridden at night with a tinted Visor on my helmet, I can't see how anyone would ever tint their windshield.

That being said, I have seen people with tinted windshields.

Champ

Quote from: Champ on September 17, 2007, 03:24:45 PM
Makes a big difference in what?  Not being able to back your car up or see around you?Yes they can spot tint, yes they have a piece of electronics to measure it and yes they can give you a ticket for it.  Picking out tint levels is usually pretty easy by the naked eye.  They can pull you over for suspision of illegal tint.

However, it seems most cops don't care unless they are having a shitty day or bored.

Anything darker than 30% becomes hard to see especially at night.  Parking or driving around in the city can be sketchy.  Cars can hide in your blind spot really easily.
In case you missed it earlier on page 3.

Panama_Chopster

A friend's brother tinted his Subaru's windshield in I belive this 5%, he had to have his high beams on all the time so he could see something; while annoying all the other drivers.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Panama_Chopster on September 17, 2007, 04:12:09 PM
A friend's brother tinted his Subaru's windshield in I belive this 5%, he had to have his high beams on all the time so he could see something; while annoying all the other drivers.

You have weird friends. :lol:

Actually my uncle has an old W126 350SDL with a tinted windshield. 10% all around IIRC

Soup DeVille

Personally, I think all but a few cars look like ass with deep tinting on the windows, and the ones that don't are generally begging to get pulled over.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 17, 2007, 04:19:44 PM
Personally, I think all but a few cars look like ass with deep tinting on the windows, and the ones that don't are generally begging to get pulled over.

j00 can't pull me over, I has VTEC, y0!

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 17, 2007, 04:21:16 PM
j00 can't pull me over, I has VTEC, y0!

You dint here?

OPPs now got VTAK 2!
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

TheIntrepid

Raghavan

I've never understood the point of tinting, unless you've got a leather interior.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raghavan on September 17, 2007, 04:27:42 PM
I've never understood the point of tinting, unless you've got a leather interior.

Better looks, keeps it cooler.

Raghavan

Yeah, but 5-15% tinting is excessive. I'd go for a 35-40% tint all around with a cloth interior.

TheIntrepid

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Minpin

I have 20% on my front windows and 5% on my quarter's and rear. At first 5% is weird at night, but you get used to it very quickly. I think it added superb looks to my car because it made it black on black on black. And it keeps my car way cooler. But way down here in texas my tint is actually legal so I have no problems with the law. Also trep if you did get illegal tint you're bigger worry would be getting your car inspected. My friend has 5% all around (except windshield) and he had to pay off a shady mexican place to pass him. I bet it's even harder up in canada. For you I'd go 15-20% all around.
?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

Laconian

Quote from: NACar on September 17, 2007, 08:24:44 PM
tint is t3h suck

add shiny fake rollbars and you've got my car! :praise:
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Raghavan

Quote from: M_power on September 18, 2007, 10:44:52 PM
that thing looks like it's bottoming out
It probably is with a fatt3h sitting in it.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Raghavan on September 18, 2007, 11:11:03 PM
It probably is with a fatt3h sitting in it.

So it's an accurate description of what NACar's Miata next summer will look like.

S204STi

I've got 28% all around, except for the winshield.  Pretty much every state seems to allow up to 28%, except for a couple like Wyoming. I have to say, not only is the temperature much more stable in the car while I'm at work, the seats no longer scorch my wife's legs when she wears shorts.  Also, the A/C doesn't work as hard to keep the temps down on a sunny day. 

Plus, it looks dead sexy.

etypeJohn

In Texas:

Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line. 
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 25% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 25% of light in.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

We have both Mazdas tinted at 25% side windows and 17% (I think) rear windows.  The jaguar isn't, and won't be, tinted.  My son's car isn't tinted because I want him to to have the maximum amount of vision possible.

TheIntrepid

What does your son drive, John?

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on September 17, 2007, 04:27:42 PM
I have 5% on my rear windows in my Ram and it's great for keeping the interior cooler, keeps the sun out of my daughter's eyes, and at night people's headlights don't bother me.

Northlands

I know I'm pretty late posting in this thread in regards to my response.. but here it is anyway.

I went out and purchased a set of Silverstar headlights a couple of years ago. I also noticed Rag's joke early on about replacing them in six months. Funny you should say that.

My set lasted 5 1/2 months. My friend's set lasted a bit over 6 months. His brother's set lasted 5 months.

Now, I cannot vouch for all of the lightbulbs that silvania makes, but I found this to be a bit of an odd trend. I wonder if the maker had cars that ran DRLs in mind? Or if they were just flat out designed to run a short period of time?

I just thought I'd toss that warning out there. What I did do though, was after they burnt out, I looked at a set of bulbs made by " Eurolite ". So far, they seem to produce similar amount of light, although it does have a hint of blue in it. They've lasted in my car for almost 2 years so far. Lights up the road nicely at night, as I do drive in areas that have little of the way of street lamps at times ( and a lot of highway driving . Trep, if your silvers conk out, give those Eurolites a look. They sell them at Canadian Tire as well.  :cheers:

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

Northlands

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 20, 2007, 11:13:37 AM
I have 5% on my rear windows in my Ram and it's great for keeping the interior cooler, keeps the sun out of my daughter's eyes, and at night people's headlights don't bother me.

+1 on the heat factor. I'm thinking about getting some light tint for my car. It sits in a parking lot all day in blazing sun in the summer... and its a darker interior. It's like a boiler room when I get in it during the summer.

- " It's like a petting zoo, but for computers." -  my wife's take on the Apple Store.
2013 Hyundai Accent GLS / 2015 Hyundai Sonata GLS

TheIntrepid

Northlands; Canadian Tire for approximately how much? :huh:

Whats Up DOHC

Quote from: R-inge on September 11, 2007, 05:57:27 PM
Get ready to buy another set of Silverstars in 6 months!  ;)

Lighting is probably the best upgrade initially to any car.
I dunno man, it's like tradition for me to put an intake on my car... then lower them. I'm saving up for coilovers right now