McLaren to build F1 successor!

Started by SVT666, September 13, 2007, 10:42:54 AM

SVT666

McLaren has announced plans to build a successor to the F1 Supercar.  It will be powered by a V8 engine and will be  a lightweight 2 seater.  The car is said to bow in the fall of 2010.

F1 Successor

thewizard16

There are a lot of beautiful cars that I want recently. This would definitely qualify.
92 Camry XLE V6(Murdered)
99 ES 300 (Sold)
2008 Volkswagen Passat(Did not survive the winter)
2015 Lexus GS350 F-Sport

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=27909.msg1787179#msg1787179 date=1349117110
You're my age.  We're getting old.  Plus, now that you're married, your life expectancy has gone way down, since you're more likely to be poisoned by your wife.

sportyaccordy

While Gordon Murray is a Grade A DOUCHE, and yes 200mph cars are a dime a dozen these days, the F1 is the SR71 of the automotive industry.

It is faster than many current supercars, and was 14 years ahead of the game.

LOLOLOLOLOLL

Another response to the blog pretty much sums up my feelings on this though:

Quote#

Fascinating?yawn

The era of ultrafast supercars isn't in its infancy anymore. There are a dozen cars that do 0-60 in the 3-4 second range and hit 200+ mph. Adding another to the pot is no big deal anymore.

The first F1 was awesome because it was the first supercar to raise the bar so high in all regards- speed, handling, and comfort. I don't see this car as doing anything besides being marginally faster, maybe slightly more comfortable.

I have an idea for a new kind of supercar that would sell like hot cakes. It would be beautiful too (I have design sketches). But w/e

Nethead

It is true that being able to maintain 200.0 MPH for any length of time is so twentieth century now that we're nearly eight years deep into the twenty-first century, but a new McLaren is welcome news to anyone who appreciates speed AND balance. The F1's performance was stunning in its day, and it is a car whose duration as the fastest production vehicle on Earth has never been repeated.  The Nethead here thinks that a new McLaren will probably better the F1 in every parameter--with the possible exception of seating capacity.  Expect to be impressed! 

LATE BREAKING NEWS, and I do mean breaking:  With the $100,000,000 fine for stealing Ferrari development secrets (even before Ferrari sics the legalbeagles on McLaren :heated:), expect a delay in the F1 replacement program.  The great-great-great-great grandchildren of the McLaren staff expect to be out of the red and letting out contracts for the new vehicle's subsystems, with the expectation of commencing the testing of frame and chassis components in early May of 2175. 
In other news, President George W. Bush VIII hopes to initiate troop reductions in Iraq next Spring to reduce the US involvement to 186,432,901 troops, a figure criticized by some as insufficient to quell the insurgency by the remaining six Iraqis thought to still be alive somewhere.
Daewoo, parent company of General Motors, announced today that a Corvair convertible will hit the dealerships in October of 2176 as a 2177 model to bolster the flagging sales of the resurrected Corvair four-door sedan.
At the Exxon Stock Exchange in NYC, brokers are predicting an increase in gasoline prices due to a spilled soft drink on an offshore drilling platform in the Gulf of Mexico.
Yada yada yada...
So many stairs...so little time...

deesea

Car Magazine has a feature on the new Mclaren in their october issue...anyone wanna scan for us? :praise:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

Soup DeVille

After their recent FIA troubles, I wonder if McLaren will ever be able to build anything again...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

sandertheshark

Quote from: Nethead on September 13, 2007, 01:29:05 PM
LATE BREAKING NEWS, and I do mean breaking:  With the $100,000,000 fine for stealing Ferrari development secrets (even before Ferrari sics the legalbeagles on McLaren :heated:), expect a delay in the F1 replacement program.  The great-great-great-great grandchildren of the McLaren staff expect to be out of the red and letting out contracts for the new vehicle's subsystems, with the expectation of commencing the testing of frame and chassis components in early May of 2175. 
In other news, President George W. Bush VIII hopes to initiate troop reductions in Iraq next Spring to reduce the US involvement to 186,432,901 troops, a figure criticized by some as insufficient to quell the insurgency by the remaining six Iraqis thought to still be alive somewhere.
Daewoo, parent company of General Motors, announced today that a Corvair convertible will hit the dealerships in October of 2176 as a 2177 model to bolster the flagging sales of the resurrected Corvair four-door sedan.
At the Exxon Stock Exchange in NYC, brokers are predicting an increase in gasoline prices due to a spilled soft drink on an offshore drilling platform in the Gulf of Mexico.
Yada yada yada...

When did you last have a psych exam?

SVT_Power

"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Nethead

Quote from: sandertheshark on September 17, 2007, 06:43:54 PM
When did you last have a psych exam?
sandertheshark: SandDude, you won't be laughing in 2175 when you hear those stories on the evening news...

Actually, attorneys will get the fine reduced to a thousandth of that figure.  But Ferrari's attorneys will go for the jugular, and that will hurt McLaren more than the reduced fine.  McLaren can stall--and will, of course--but this has gotta hurt (deservedly).  Will it kill the F1 replacement?  It might depend on the courts that will have jurisdiction--if it is the jurisdiction of courts in Italy, McLaren can kiss it good-bye...

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: Nethead on September 13, 2007, 01:29:05 PM
It is true that being able to maintain 200.0 MPH for any length of time is so twentieth century now that we're nearly eight years deep into the twenty-first century, but a new McLaren is welcome news to anyone who appreciates speed AND balance. The F1's performance was stunning in its day, and it is a car whose duration as the fastest production vehicle on Earth has never been repeated.  The Nethead here thinks that a new McLaren will probably better the F1 in every parameter--with the possible exception of seating capacity.  Expect to be impressed! 

Yada yada yada...

:lol:

deesea

Quote from: Nethead on September 18, 2007, 07:33:24 AM
sandertheshark: SandDude, you won't be laughing in 2175 when you hear those stories on the evening news...

Actually, attorneys will get the fine reduced to a thousandth of that figure.  But Ferrari's attorneys will go for the jugular, and that will hurt McLaren more than the reduced fine.  McLaren can stall--and will, of course--but this has gotta hurt (deservedly).  Will it kill the F1 replacement?  It might depend on the courts that will have jurisdiction--if it is the jurisdiction of courts in Italy, McLaren can kiss it good-bye...

What....The....Fuck....!?
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

Nethead

Will the new McLaren be the McLaren F40?  Or the McLarEnzo?

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on September 19, 2007, 10:15:56 AM
Will the new McLaren be the McLaren F40?  Or the McLarEnzo?
You're getting stranger.

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 19, 2007, 10:37:38 AM
You're getting stranger.
Huh?  It wasn't ME that supposedly has an excellent design & engineering staff yet still feels it necessary to steal development data from Ferrari...Now that's strange.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Nethead on September 18, 2007, 07:33:24 AM

In 2175 we'll all be dead, except Iffy.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Nethead

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 19, 2007, 11:58:42 AM
In 2175 we'll all be dead, except Iffy.
I'd have to add HemiDude and omiDude to that list...

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Nethead on September 19, 2007, 12:01:57 PM
I'd have to add HemiDude and omiDude to that list...

Why? Iffy's a computer, not a man. That's why. ;)

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Nethead

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 19, 2007, 12:05:25 PM
Why? Iffy's a computer, not a man. That's why. ;)
IntrepiDude:  Apparently you missed the thread containing references to omiscience...