***Attl Car Show (Part I)***

Started by cawimmer430, September 14, 2007, 04:55:22 AM

cawimmer430

This wasn't really a car show but a small Volksfest and on this rainy day they just happened to have a small classic car meet along with a tractor oldtimer show (this is farmland county after all...).  :rastaman:

The first classic I saw was this beautiful BMW 502 "Baroque Angel". The owner was very cool and talkative. He actually owns eight (8) of these beauties, but they're all in poor condition and he uses them mainly for spare parts, though he has plans to restore those that can still be restored. The red 502 you see here was apparently is extremely poor, almost broken up state. He had the whole thing restored. Looks like a superb job.

That's the owner showing me the rear suicide doors...

The V8 engine. Notice I photographed the "combustion process" in the second picture.

Eternal rivals: BMW & Mercedes-Benz...

An old Opel Blitz van, now being used as a classic firetruck commando car.

Over the course of a few hours, I got to know the owners of this beautiful Mercedes 230E W123 very well. Both of them were in their mid 50s and they run a successful marketing company. They're very well off and yet they have an appreciation for simple cars like the 230E. The man told me that when he was growing up in the 1970s, the Mercedes W123, even a lowly 55-hp 200D, was the dream of every German. The car radiated quality and delivery times over 2 years weren't unheard off. He found this 230E at a local car shop and bought it for 4,000 Euros. Beautiful car, my favorite Mercedes-Benz model ever!

Detailed photography of the 230E...

A Mercedes 350SL (200-hp V8). This car was actually for sale. It's pretty sexy but those rims just ruin the look. Terrible rims. Terrible.

The 350SL leaving the party...

Earlier shots. Notice the white Mercedes? A 190SL. Lovely!

END OF PART I
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Champ

FoMoJo

Beautiful shot.  Not enough can be said about the eye pleasing qualities of the design of this classic...especially the front fascia.

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

cawimmer430

Quote from: FoMoJo on October 19, 2007, 06:37:30 AM
Beautiful shot.  Not enough can be said about the eye pleasing qualities of the design of this classic...especially the front fascia.

Anytime.  :ohyeah:
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie