***Attl Classic Car Show (Part II)***

Started by cawimmer430, September 14, 2007, 08:12:34 AM

cawimmer430

Here is Part II.  :ohyeah:

We begin with a W116 Mercedes-Benz S-Class which was made from 1972-1980. The car shown is a 280SE inline-6 with 185-horsepower. It was the entry-level W116 S-Class with fuel injection (the weakest W116 S-Class was the carburated 280S (160-hp)).

Next up, a rare little car originally made by the Dutch firm DAF. Volvo somehow bought the rights to produce their own version, the Volvo 66DL. The original DAF version, the DAF 44 was revolutionary for having an early "CVT" transmission. Despite a 34-hp 2-cylinder engine, the transmission worked well with the little motor and the DAF 44 was pretty agile.

Next up, a couple of Volkswagens. A Beetle with a dog guarding it!

I want one of these!

There was no badge on this late 1940s and early to mid 1950s Mercedes but from the premium look I am sure it's either a 170S or 170DS.

Mercedes-Benz 319 Truck

A couple of NSU Prinz's, some modified for racing...

END OF PART II

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Colin

Great pics....... shame about thwe weather.

Nice to see some time-warps like that Volvo 66 and the NSU Prinz......

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on September 14, 2007, 08:21:57 AM
Great pics....... shame about thwe weather.

Nice to see some time-warps like that Volvo 66 and the NSU Prinz......

Thanks.  :ohyeah:

The weather was a pain. It kept raining, then it stopped raining but there were still raindrops falling...terrible weather. I was so mad at the damn weather.  :cry:

On Sunday there's a car show in Taufkirchen and the weather report says it will rain! God damn it!
  :banghead:

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de

Colin

That sounds like the summer we've had in most of Europe (apart from the frazzled bits!) ever since May!!!

Reminds me of the wash out we had at "La vie en Bleu" at Prescott in UK in May - Veyron in action up the hill, along with huge numbers of classic Bugattis and other French delights..... we had 15 forummers from The Motor show up. Sat was OK, and we had a nice day and chatted til well into the night, but the Sun was wet, wetter and so wet they eventually stopped the event......... such a shame. I hear they will repeat the event next year, so we are all planning to go again.........

cawimmer430

Quote from: Colin on September 14, 2007, 11:07:08 AM
That sounds like the summer we've had in most of Europe (apart from the frazzled bits!) ever since May!!!

Reminds me of the wash out we had at "La vie en Bleu" at Prescott in UK in May - Veyron in action up the hill, along with huge numbers of classic Bugattis and other French delights..... we had 15 forummers from The Motor show up. Sat was OK, and we had a nice day and chatted til well into the night, but the Sun was wet, wetter and so wet they eventually stopped the event......... such a shame. I hear they will repeat the event next year, so we are all planning to go again.........

Sometimes the weather just plain sucks. Like tomorrow it's supposed to rain! That means the convertibles will be top up and I'll need to carry around an umbrella. I hate having to carry around an umbrella.  :cry:

www.wimmerfotografie.de