Driven Today!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, September 20, 2007, 01:43:23 PM

TheIntrepid

Quote from: BMWDave on September 24, 2007, 08:27:40 PM
This is a fairly silly argument, so let's leave it at that guys. 

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 24, 2007, 04:37:08 PM
This is my last post regarding this in this thread. See you later, Jordan.

:ohyeah:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

TBR

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 24, 2007, 04:37:08 PM
According to you, everything I say is "the dumbest thing I've ever said". According to nearly everyone else in this thread, your mindless trolling is dumb. Either way, I don't see the point of arguing any longer. This is my last post regarding this in this thread. See you later, Jordan.

As I read through this thread and saw pretty much each and every one of your posts I thought "this is the dumbest thing tepid has ever said." Then you kept topping yourself.

Do you even know the meaning of mindless or trolling? He has far more experience with the cars of this level and with the LS430 in particular than you do. Not only that, but every car magazine out there agrees with him. Just because he isn't ranting and raving about the LS430 doesn't make him a troll, but it does make you a troll for calling him one.

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

JYODER240

TBR

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 24, 2007, 08:29:51 PM

:ohyeah:

10 minutes later you replied to a post about this same subject. If you're going to try to claim the higher ground, you have to stay on it.

Onslaught

Quote from: BMWDave on September 24, 2007, 08:28:15 PM
How did you find the NC compared to your NA?
I've been in many of them. It's a better car over all. Much more interior room, better top, more comfortable ride and more power.
That said I like the feel of the originals more. The NC is more a modern convertible as the NA is more a remake of the old roadsters.
Without the electrical problems or oil dripping out on the floor.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: TBR on September 24, 2007, 08:32:17 PM
Not only that, but every car magazine out there agrees with him. Just because he isn't ranting and raving about the LS430 doesn't make him a troll, but it does make you a troll for calling him one.

In an 2004 comparo in Road & Track, the LS430 beat out the S430, 745i, A8, Phaeton, and XJ.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 24, 2007, 08:36:45 PM
In an 2004 comparo in Road & Track, the LS430 beat out the S430, 745i, A8, Phaeton, and XJ.

Not because it was more fun to drive. I never said it was a horrible car. Quit trolling.

TBR

Quote from: TheIntrepid on September 24, 2007, 08:36:45 PM

And it did so because it was more fun to drive than the others? Nope. Please stick to the debate at hand (though I seem to recall you have a "last post" two posts ago). It has also won a couple of C/D comparos.

BMWDave

Quote from: Onslaught on September 24, 2007, 08:35:04 PM
I've been in many of them. It's a better car over all. Much more interior room, better top, more comfortable ride and more power.
That said I like the feel of the originals more. The NC is more a modern convertible as the NA is more a remake of the old roadsters.
Without the electrical problems or oil dripping out on the floor.

I've driven an NC (my friends) for a good amount of time now.  He's a close friend of the family, so I'd say I've got a good 2000 miles in an NC Miata.  I've never driven an NA or NB, but I just love the feel of the NC.  A little too much body roll, it's true, but you won't discover all that much in normal driving.  I'm a huge fan of all Miatas. :ohyeah:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

JYODER240

Quote from: BMWDave on September 24, 2007, 08:40:19 PM
I've driven an NC (my friends) for a good amount of time now.  He's a close friend of the family, so I'd say I've got a good 2000 miles in an NC Miata.  I've never driven an NA or NB, but I just love the feel of the NC.  A little too much body roll, it's true, but you won't discover all that much in normal driving.  I'm a huge fan of all Miatas. :ohyeah:

I would tell you to go check out the Mazdaspeed NB. It's probably one of the top 5 most cars i've ever driven. But since you just bought an S2K it might be better if you don't.

BMWDave

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 24, 2007, 08:42:47 PM
I would tell you to go check out the Mazdaspeed NB. It's probably one of the top 5 most cars i've ever driven. But since you just bought an S2K it might be better if you don't.

Haha :lol:  I'm sure I'd love it, and I'll definitely put it on my list of cars to drive.  I have to get back into that Lotus (my Italian friend promised me a three hour drive in the mountains with it).  When I get my car, I'm going for a Sunday drive with him - he'll be driving an Esprit Turbo, I'll probably get left behind. :lol:

2007 Honda S2000

TBR

The driving position of the NA I drove killed it for me. Could you get the NA with a tilt wheel? Maybe that would help.

Onslaught

Quote from: TBR on September 24, 2007, 08:45:19 PM
The driving position of the NA I drove killed it for me. Could you get the NA with a tilt wheel? Maybe that would help.
No. The NC is the first to have that.

JYODER240

Quote from: BMWDave on September 24, 2007, 08:45:12 PM
Haha :lol:  I'm sure I'd love it, and I'll definitely put it on my list of cars to drive.  I have to get back into that Lotus (my Italian friend promised me a three hour drive in the mountains with it).  When I get my car, I'm going for a Sunday drive with him - he'll be driving an Esprit Turbo, I'll probably get left behind. :lol:

The S2000 probably is the better car but the Mazdaspeed is one of those cars that haunts you. You never stop thinking about it.

BMWDave

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 24, 2007, 08:48:34 PM
The S2000 probably is the better car but the Mazdaspeed is one of those cars that haunts you. You never stop thinking about it.

I'll have to get around to driving it.  But the S2000 is also a car that haunts you a bit.  What other car comes with such a great transmission and such a stratospheric redline? :lol: 

2007 Honda S2000

Onslaught

Quote from: BMWDave on September 24, 2007, 08:40:19 PM
The NC has more body roll than the NA or NB that's for sure. I'd like to drive one that's had some Mazdaspeed modifications sometime.
If I had to drive one around on vacation or long drives I'd take a NC without question. But If I was looking to dog one out on a track or
mountain road I think it would be a NA for me. It's just so pure and simplistic.

TBR

Quote from: Onslaught on September 24, 2007, 08:46:05 PM
No. The NC is the first to have that.

That sucks, I like to have the steering wheel practically between my legs, I don't like to have to reach up to it.

Onslaught

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 24, 2007, 08:48:34 PM
[If I could have fit into a MSMX-5 I'd have one right now. But the NB just didn't have enough room in it.
But I do like many things about the S2000 too.

TBR

Quote from: BMWDave on September 24, 2007, 08:52:08 PM
I'll have to get around to driving it.  But the S2000 is also a car that haunts you a bit.  What other car comes with such a great transmission and such a stratospheric redline? :lol: 

Check the sig... :devil:

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

BMWDave

Quote from: TBR on September 24, 2007, 08:54:04 PM
Check the sig... :devil:

Haha, I admit, I haven't driven an RX-8, but I can't imagine it offers as much thrill as an S2000.  It's a largish car, with no convertible top.  :lol:

2007 Honda S2000

JYODER240

Quote from: BMWDave on September 24, 2007, 08:52:08 PM

Yes it does. Moreso than any other car.

JYODER240

Quote from: Psilos on September 24, 2007, 08:54:40 PM
:lol:

I run cars through a car wash. It's not like I sell them and tell customers that they're the greatest thing ever.

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.

Onslaught

Quote from: BMWDave on September 24, 2007, 08:55:35 PM
Haha, I admit, I haven't driven an RX-8, but I can't imagine it offers as much thrill as an S2000.  It's a largish car, with no convertible top.  :lol:
The RX-8 is a absolute blast. The motor screams and the car handles so outstandingly. It's  one of the best cars on the road I think.

JYODER240

TBR

Quote from: BMWDave on September 24, 2007, 08:55:35 PM

But it definitely has those two particular things you mentioned. I wouldn't call it a largish car either, it is roughly the size of my Prelude. Convertibles, that is personal preference. I'd like to have one, but it wouldn't be a big factor to me.

BMWDave

Quote from: TBR on September 24, 2007, 09:03:06 PM
But it definitely has those two particular things you mentioned. I wouldn't call it a largish car either, it is roughly the size of my Prelude. Convertibles, that is personal preference. I'd like to have one, but it wouldn't be a big factor to me.

Well, it has 4 seats. :lol:  I never used to be a fan of convertibles, and I still am not, but roadsters really do it for me now.  I wouldn't want to buy a 911 convertible over a coupe for instance.

I have to give the Rx-8 a test drive.

2007 Honda S2000

Rupert

Engilshe are hard to muster!!1