Driven Today!!!

Started by TheIntrepid, September 20, 2007, 01:43:23 PM

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HEMI666 on September 26, 2007, 10:41:46 AM
I'm not full of it at all.  The GT500 would eat the 335i for breakfast and costs roughly the same money (including dealer markups).  The 335i is a great car, but it's not my style.  I liked it a lot, but I prefer a different kind of car.

The GT500 doesn't need to eat breakfast :nono:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

FlatBlackCaddy

I don't ever see myself owning a mustang, but i understand the appeal.

Now a Ford GT, thats a different story. :wub:

Raza

Quote from: NACar on September 26, 2007, 10:45:06 AM
And you just hate BMW's for no good reason.  :nono:

:huh:

What can you do?  Take the good with the bad, eh?

Although, if the E90 weren't so ugly, I would consider a  328i.  But the coupe is hideous. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on September 26, 2007, 10:46:12 AM
I don't ever see myself owning a mustang, but i understand the appeal.
Just as I understand the appeal of the 335i, EVO, STi, RS4...but I wouldn't buy any of them.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on September 26, 2007, 10:52:39 AM
:huh:

What can you do?  Take the good with the bad, eh?

Although, if the E90 weren't so ugly, I would consider a  328i.  But the coupe is hideous. 

I am really tired of styling being the justification for everything. I wish cars didn't' have styling so we could just judge them for what they are.

Raza

Quote from: NACar on September 26, 2007, 10:55:48 AM
I am really tired of styling being the justification for everything. I wish cars didn't' have styling so we could just judge them for what they are.

Fair enough. 

But then if I go on for the other reason I prefer a 328 to a 335, you'll just get mad.  So let's just stop here.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

JYODER240

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11274.msg582711#msg582711 date=1190822176

Eventually...

autocross!
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 26, 2007, 10:59:25 AM
autocross!

I'm not autocrossing a car that would need new brakes and new tires if I did when I'd need to give it back in a few months, and I can't quite autocross a car I don't have access to until I graduate. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

When is the lease up on it?

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on September 26, 2007, 10:58:04 AM
Fair enough. 

But then if I go on for the other reason I prefer a 328 to a 335, you'll just get mad.  So let's just stop here.

OMG it has too much power :rolleyes: :lol:
I see the significantly lower price, and already adequate power being good reasons to choose the 328. I haven't driven them, so what the hell do I know, anyway.

Personally, I think they should offer a stripped-down 335 and call it the RS/Type R or something like that... but people wouldn't buy it because it's not American.

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 26, 2007, 11:02:41 AM
When is the lease up on it?

August.  Might be able to get out of it in May for no cost, though.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

JYODER240

Why do you want to get out of it early?

Raza

Quote from: JYODER240 on September 26, 2007, 11:08:09 AM
Why do you want to get out of it early?

To get a new car quicker.  Plus, I'm going to be way over miles, so I want to try to minimize that cost if possible.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raza  on September 26, 2007, 11:01:39 AM
I'm not autocrossing a car that would need new brakes and new tires if I did when I'd need to give it back in a few months, and I can't quite autocross a car I don't have access to until I graduate. 

If you can drive it on the road safely, then you can autocross it. There are no excuses.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Raza

Quote from: NACar on September 26, 2007, 11:11:02 AM
If you can drive it on the road safely, then you can autocross it. There are no excuses.

"Plus, I'm going to be way over miles"

Also, autocrossing definitely puts more stress on the car, if it doesn't than it's not racing.  I don't want to burn cash on getting new brakes for a lame duck unless I have to.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Champ

AutoX doesn't really use up much brake pads, you don't really get going fast enough.

Raza

Quote from: Champ on September 26, 2007, 11:14:40 AM
AutoX doesn't really use up much brake pads, you don't really get going fast enough.

Still, not worth the extra mileage (going to find one; I haven't heard of any in this immediate area) and the entry fees.  I'm trying to save money until I need to buy a new car.  I'm already going lower on funds than I hoped to be.  My only hope is that my CD matures with more money in it than I think it will.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

Laconian

I hear autox can turn convertible chassis into wet noodles unless they are well reinforced beforehand.
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Soup DeVille

Quote from: Raza  on September 26, 2007, 11:12:26 AM
"Plus, I'm going to be way over miles"

Also, autocrossing definitely puts more stress on the car, if it doesn't than it's not racing.  I don't want to burn cash on getting new brakes for a lame duck unless I have to.

Miles? An autocross course is less than half a mile, and you won't get in any more than 4 or 5 runs...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

Raza

Quote from: Soup DeVille on September 26, 2007, 02:38:32 PM
Miles? An autocross course is less than half a mile, and you won't get in any more than 4 or 5 runs...

The miles it would take to drive to one.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

Typical raza excuses.

I don't want to autocross because it will eat my tires/brakes put on thousands of miles.

I don't want an EVO because it doesn't have cruise.

:lol:

SaltyDog

VP of Fox Bodies
Toyota Trucks Club

In the automotive world slow is a very relative term.

TheIntrepid

Parked my friend's 1990 Hyundai Sonata because she can't parallel park. :lol:

Looked like this in beige

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Rupert

Novarolla-Miata-Trooper-Jeep-Volvo-Trooper-Ranger-MGB-Explorer-944-Fiat-Alfa-XTerra

13 cars, 60 cylinders, 52 manual forward gears and 9 automatic, 2 FWD, 42 doors, 1988 average year of manufacture, 3 convertibles, 22 average mpg, and no wheel covers.
PRO TENACIA NULLA VIA EST INVIA

Onslaught

I should just change this to "What did I work on today" for me. But I do get to drive them from time to time to make sure things are functioning normally.

2006 Mazda RX-8
2000 Ford F 150
a ****ing Taurus.

JYODER240

Civic sedan. I was actually impressed with it's handling. It doesn't generate much outright grip but it had quick steering and felt nimble. It was more fun than I expected a 4-cyl, automatic, economy car to be.

Laconian

Honda Accord EX 4cyl MT for the millionth time. With an engine like that, who needs a 6cyl? No really, who??
Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

BimmerM3

I went and test drove a 2003 Miata last night. Unfortunately the roads around here are really boring, so I didn't really get to have any fun.

When I get closer to buying one, I'll certainly go take one for a real long test drive to make sure I'd be okay living with one as my only car.