Saw a new Accord sedan in the flesh

Started by sportyaccordy, September 27, 2007, 04:30:46 PM

Vinsanity

Quote from: NACar on October 01, 2007, 07:59:20 PM
I just have to say, I think it's completely retarded that depreciation is calculated even before a new model comes out - based purely on the name of the car - people are just assholes.
(not your parents, just all people (BTW, I'm not saying your parents aren't people - I'm sure they are good people (I hate people, but I'm not saying I hate you parents (I don't even know your parents))))

don't you be talkin bout my momma, fool :hammerhead: :lol:

edit: I agree with you. Depreciation sucks balls. It's the reason I allowed them to convince me out of a 2007 Anything.

Hev

Saw a black one yesterday and it looks pretty good in real life, a bit on the big side....definately not ugly, just not the emotion a mazda 6 carries.  Honda consumers wanted a bigger and roomier accord and honda delivered.
///M BMW & ACURA are the greatest automobile manufacturers of all time!

omicron

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 01, 2007, 04:23:18 PM
How is Toyota able to use the name "Innova" to name this Indian market car, if Honda already had the name?

Provided it's not used in the same country, you can have two cars on-sale in the world with the same model name  - depending, of course, upon legal agreements between the manufacturers. For example, in Canada you have the Toyota Highlander, and here we have the Hyundai Santa Fe Highlander (we get the Toyota as the Kluger). Honda may not even own the Innova name any more - I believe that model was discontinued in 1996, to be replaced by the Ascot.

93JC

Quote from: omicron on October 01, 2007, 09:06:27 PM
(we get the Toyota as the Kluger).

Kluger? Get that cough looked at, mate.

omicron

Soup DeVille

Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

omicron

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 01, 2007, 09:19:18 PM
Not quite as bad as "Ascot."

I just can't stand the double A - HondA Ascot. Unless I throw in a rogue R to make it a Honda Rascot, it becomes two disjointed words that don't sound right together.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: omicron on October 01, 2007, 09:22:42 PM
I just can't stand the double A - HondA Ascot. Unless I throw in a rogue R to make it a Honda Rascot, it becomes two disjointed words that don't sound right together.

Yup. I always find it comical when Clarkson says Hondur Accord.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Soup DeVille

Quote from: omicron on October 01, 2007, 09:22:42 PM

It just sounds like tis begging for a bad joke. "Ater driving 4 hours in my new Honda, My Ascot sore.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

TBR

My parents wouldn't look at the Passat Wagon because it was German, and my dad's side of the family is German.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TBR on October 01, 2007, 10:15:04 PM
My parents wouldn't look at the Passat Wagon because it was German, and my dad's side of the family is German.

It's been so long since I've heard anything like that, I have to ask (even if it is none of my business), what's your mom's side?

omicron

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 01, 2007, 10:09:05 PM
It just sounds like tis begging for a bad joke. "Ater driving 4 hours in my new Honda, My Ascot sore.

I think your Ascot Innova your head.

TBR

Not really sure, perhaps Polish though. In which case it would make a little bit more sense, but it would still be rather silly. I think they mainly just wanted something built in the USA.

We bought a Japanese car, which as Americans should be as much of an issue as a German car, but then it was assembled in America.

I don't know, the logic behind stuff like this can be bewildering.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: TBR on October 01, 2007, 10:22:27 PM
Not really sure, perhaps Polish though. In which case it would make a little bit more sense, but it would still be rather silly. I think they mainly just wanted something built in the USA.

We bought a Japanese car, which as Americans should be as much of an issue as a German car, but then it was assembled in America.

I don't know, the logic behind stuff like this can be bewildering.

There's a large conservative Jewish population in a town very near me. Many of them drive Saabs or Cadillacs and won't have anything even remotely German in their houses.

Even that though seems to be fading, and Volkswagens have been steadily creeping in among the younger residents.

Raghavan

Quote from: NACar on October 01, 2007, 07:59:20 PM
I just have to say, I think it's completely retarded that depreciation is calculated even before a new model comes out - based purely on the name of the car - people are just assholes.
(not your parents, just all people (BTW, I'm not saying your parents aren't people - I'm sure they are good people (I hate people, but I'm not saying I hate you parents (I don't even know your parents))))
:lol:

Raghavan

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 01, 2007, 08:03:06 PM
don't you be talkin bout my momma, fool :hammerhead: :lol:

edit: I agree with you. Depreciation sucks balls. It's the reason I allowed them to convince me out of a 2007 Anything.
My dad doesn't care about depreciation as he runs all of his cars into the ground and gives them to charity like 15 years later. :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 01, 2007, 10:17:33 PM
It's been so long since I've heard anything like that, I have to ask (even if it is none of my business), what's your mom's side?

It's none of your business. :nono:

:lol:

SVT666

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 01, 2007, 10:17:33 PM
What's so surprising about that?  There are plenty of Americans who refuse to even look at an American car.

ifcar

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 02, 2007, 09:10:18 AM
What's so surprising about that?  There are plenty of Americans who refuse to even look at an American car.

Right, but not for political reasons.

SVT666

the Teuton

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 02, 2007, 09:16:20 AM
I'm sure there are some.

I know of some Jews who love muscle cars, but won't go near a Chevy that says SS on it.  No kidding.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

FordSVT

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 02, 2007, 09:16:20 AM
I'm sure there are some.

I can see some Americans buying American cars for political reasons (Buy USA!), but Japanese?

My grandmother is 94 and she would never have bought a Japanese or German car. I think as the WW2 generation -the ones who actually lived through it and remember it well- dies out that philosophy dies out too.

etypeJohn

For years I swore I would never buy a Jap car because of the Panay Incident, Pearl Harbor, Bataan, The Phillipines, etc.  Eventually we bought a Mazda, but only because Hiroshima had been cleansed on 9 August 1945.   ;)

Vinsanity

Quote from: etypeJohn on October 02, 2007, 11:17:43 AM
For years I swore I would never buy a Jap car because of the Panay Incident, Pearl Harbor, Bataan, The Phillipines, etc.  Eventually we bought a Mazda, but only because Hiroshima had been cleansed on 9 August 1945.   ;)

Which is why it surprises me that my parents ended up with (and still have) their Mistubishi; Buicks may have the depreciation curve of a falling rock, but at least they weren't the kamikaze plane of choice for trying to invade the rest of Asia :devil:

the Teuton

My mom won't buy Japanese for all the same reasons.  Apparently she had a family friend who looked sickly after surviving the Batan Death March.  It took up til last year before I finally convinced her to look at Subaru because the company was founded in 1955.  We shall see if that goes anywhere.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Maxxum

Are they still using Michelins as their factory tires in the Accord?
(\__/)     
(='.'=) << One day I will rule the world!         
(")_(")

JYODER240

Quote from: Maxxum on October 02, 2007, 01:01:54 PM

My 03 had Bridgestones. I'm pretty sure the S2000 runs Bridgestones as well.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Maxxum on October 02, 2007, 01:01:54 PM

My '99 Camry came with Michelins. :rockon:

I hate my current sumer tires. Drifts are uncontrollable.

JYODER240

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 02, 2007, 01:09:53 PM
My '99 Camry came with Michelins. :rockon:

I hate my current sumer tires. Drifts are uncontrollable.

You don't "drift".
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid