Fastest you've ever been on four wheels

Started by footoflead, June 30, 2005, 11:08:52 AM

Secret Chimp

You know, if a car REALLY handled like a boat, it'd lean into turns, and that'd just be rad. Late night food for thinks.

Quote from: BENZ BOY15 on January 02, 2014, 02:40:13 PM
That's a great local brewery that we have. Do I drink their beer? No.

harley2003

107 in my girlfriend's corolla.  Stupidest thing I have ever done, was in a 45 zone with stop lights.  Ended up pulling a 540 and coming within a foot of flipping the car over the edge.  Still pissed, car still had plenty left in it.  100 in a 1995 ford ranger, stupid thing had a governor.  110 in a 2003 F-150 harley davidson edition, only around 2000 rpm, but was going around a turn.

Run Away

RS200's speedometer is waaay off because he added big rims and changed the final drive ratio along with the 1st and 2nd gear ratio.

We had it wrapped all the way around, almost hitting the button to reset the trip.

An indicated 260kph (160mph) is what I would guess, speedo stops at 180kph.
We're not too sure, but we think we were actually going 205kph (130mph).

Raza

QuoteI took a rental Impala up to 97 mph before it ran out of steam.

I really didn't like that car...especially after spending over a thousand miles with it over a 4 day period. It was so incredibly slow, and it handled like a boat.
I've been in an Impala at its governed top speed of 108.  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Tom

Quote100 in a 1995 ford ranger, stupid thing had a governor.
:blink:  That must have been nerve-racking!

harley2003

Actually, it wasn't that bad, the steering wheel shook a little, but not nearly as much as I thought, nothing like the harley.  You go 95 in the harley and it feels like 60.

RS200

Quote170 in my car (Speed limiter......?) :rockon:

155 in my friend's 330

142 in a buddie's STi
Didn't I prove that you were a poser like 5 times on C&D? What car did you do 170 in - a McLaren F1?

giant_mtb

Quote170 in my car (Speed limiter......?) :rockon:

155 in my friend's 330

142 in a buddie's STi
Didn't I prove that you were a poser like 5 times on C&D? What car did you do 170 in - a McLaren F1?
*poseur  :lol:  

280Z Turbo

They must have really improved it in those 10 years! My Ranger hates the freeway.

I'm afraid to take the damn thing to 80. :o  :lol:  

cawimmer430

Quote1985 Mercedes 300SE = 225 km/h (141 mph) That was the cars top speed...

1989 Mercedes 500SL = 240 km/h (150 mph) Traffic conditions didn't permit a higher speed. My dad had the limiter removed and maxed it out at 270 km/h (168 mph) once though on a Sunday morning at 3:00 AM!  :rockon:

2002 Mercedes E320 = 230 km/h (144 mph) Again, damn traffic!

2002 Mercedes S320 = 220 km/h (138 mph) I could have gone faster, but I didn't feel like pushing it for some reason. I did ride in the same car with Mr. Schultz once and he maxed it out at 240 km/h (150 mph).

2005 Mercedes C200 Kompressor = 210 km/h (131 mph) It could go faster, but the light C200K didn't feel as stable at higher speeds than a C350 or C55 AMG would.

2006 Mercedes SLK350 7Gtronic = 235 km/h (147 mph) The steering on this car was so precise and responsive, that you really have to concentrate hard when driving the car at higher speeds. I got scared and slowed down. 235 km/h was the max I brought it up to.

I also drove a Volkswagen Golf 100-hp TDI on the Autobahn once during driving school. 180 km/h was the max. speed I was able to manage since the thing was shaking at 120 km/h already! 180 km/h = 113 mph.
Pretty impressive speeds, dude. :rockon:

Were you driving on the autobahn when you hit these speeds?
It's legal here.  :lol:

Yep, I was driving on the Autobahn when I did these speeds. On state roads, the maximum speed allowed is 100 km/h (62 mph) but these roads sometimes have speed limits imposed on them for certain stretches (anything from 80, 70, 60, 50 or even lower km/h speeds). Some sections of Autobahn are speed-limited too. ;)  
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

RS200

Umm...143 MPH tonight, with 1000 RPM left in it.  :o  

ro51092

JWC

Don't know--wasn't driving. A friend had a Sunbeam Tiger. I rode with him once, he opened her up and I never rode with him again.  He was a friggin nut.

I'm sure I hit 100+ a few time in the Mustang, but I was paying more attention to the driving than the speedometer.

footoflead

I opened up the 'stang today...not extreme just a hard run to top of 3rd when i had to slow for traffic :rolleyes:
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

TBR

Probably about 80 when passing, pretty lame.  

saxonyron

130 mph in a new (at the time) 1988 Audi 100 w/ 5 cyl engine on Autobahn near Heidelberg.  140 mph 2 yrs ago in Audi A6 Avant w/ 2.5L Diesel.  Love those Autobahn speeds!  You feel like you're crawling at 70 mph for the 1st week once you get back home to the states!  I hit 100 every once in a while in the states, but it's not realistic to try more than 75-80 or so to cruise (along with everyone else).  B)  

2013 Audi A6 3.0T   
2007 Audi A6 3.2           
2010 GMC Yukon XL SLT 5.3 V8

The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
-- Ronald Reagan

giant_mtb

I went 90 in the Grand Marquis a while back I think...I didn't know I was going that fast because I was on the freeway near Detroit and the traffic moves way faster than the posted (I think 75 MPH) limit and I wasn't paying attention and was just going with the flow of traffic...then my mom goes "Christopher ***** *****!"  Then I see I'm going about 90. ^_^

footoflead

QuoteI went 90 in the Grand Marquis a while back I think...I didn't know I was going that fast because I was on the freeway near Detroit and the traffic moves way faster than the posted (I think 75 MPH) limit and I wasn't paying attention and was just going with the flow of traffic...then my mom goes "Christopher ***** *****!"  Then I see I'm going about 90. ^_^
You little speed demon :rockon: Good goin
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's