Fastest you've ever been on four wheels

Started by footoflead, June 30, 2005, 11:08:52 AM

EdG

I've only gone about 95mph, but that will all change once we get the 'vette running. :)  

BMWDave

QuoteI've only gone about 95mph, but that will all change once we get the 'vette running. :)
What year vette do you have?

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

EdG

QuoteI've only gone about 95mph, but that will all change once we get the 'vette running. :)
It's a 1977. It's mine and my dads project car. Father son bonding kind of thing.

BMWDave

It's a 1977. It's mine and my dads project car. Father son bonding kind of thing.
Very cool!  The C3 is my favorite corvette!  What engine did it have?

You have to post pics! :)

I am thinking of buying one also when I have saved up some money.

2007 Honda S2000

EdG

Cool indeed. :P  
About the engine, I'm not too shure, it didnt have one when we got it, but we have a small block 350 amd a 4 speed manual to go in it, just have to find some time to do it.
We got a really good deal on the car also, $1000 canadian and practacly everything is still good, paint, interior, frame, all fine.
And i don't have any pics right now, but i'll make shure to post some tonight when my dad gets home.

BMWDave

About the engine, I'm not too shure, it didnt have one when we got it, but we have a small block 350 amd a 4 speed manual to go in it, just have to find some time to do it.
We got a really good deal on the car also, $1000 canadian and practacly everything is still good, paint, interior, frame, all fine.
And i don't have any pics right now, but i'll make shure to post some tonight when my dad gets home.
You got a great price!  The C3 is definitely my favorite body style, I just cant get enough of that car.

2007 Honda S2000

Mr. Breeze

QuoteFastest for me was 126 or so in a V-50 T5. It's governed to 130 but I had to slow down for a curve (and an upset wife  ^_^ ).
How are you liking the V50?
It's not like, it's love.  :D    Although I don't have much to go off of. But it's quick, powerful and handles well. The interior is awesome too.  

Well now they call me the breeze,
'Cause I keep blowing down the road.
[/size]

JYODER240

QuoteI have hit 139 in my accord.

And where did you safely do that?

i'm not sure that those speeds are safe anywhere but, i wasn't nery smart when i did it, it was a long strech of highway that was under construction. there was cement barriers on both sides so there was no where for cops, and they hadn't been working on it for a couple of days so i went for it. My car was still pulling too, it still bugs me though i want to know just how fast it will go.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

EdG

You got a great price!  The C3 is definitely my favorite body style, I just cant get enough of that car.
Sorry Dave, my dad left his laptop at work :angry:  and it had the pictures on it, I told him to bring it tomorow though, so i'll have them for u then.

BMWDave

Sorry Dave, my dad left his laptop at work :angry:  and it had the pictures on it, I told him to bring it tomorow though, so i'll have them for u then.
Dont worry about it :)  

2007 Honda S2000

jadewolf123

The fastest I've ever driven was coming back from Chicago to the suburbs on I-55 at about 1 in the morning and the Maxima got to about 115 and I decided to call it quits. It's not built for those kinda speeds even thought the engine had some juice left in it. :rockon:
Fastest I've ever ridden in is in my friends modded WRX. It puts about 310ish HP to the wheels. Everything is upgradeed under the hood. Still loks pretty stock besides SSR wheels and a coilover. We got to about 135 on the same highway late at night coming back from Hot Import Nights. We were pretty stoked that we were going that fast. We here this high pitch whine approaching form the back of us and all of a sudden a huge bike gang blew past us goin easily past 160. It was really scary cuz if we slowed down we would have crashed and had more than one biker plastered on the rear bumper. Those guys are freaks to be going that fast with no protection except a little helmet, and sometimes not even that.  :o  
2007 Mazda 6i Sedan Gray Black Cloth Interior 5-Spd

giant_mtb

Nice, Wolf...and yeah...some of those bikers are nut jobs.  :lol:  :lol:  

ragnacor1234

QuoteThe base S60 can only go about 120? According to the owner's manual for my 850, it can go up to 141.
A base volvo only has 168 hp and weighs about 3200 lbs.  I think the car has a top speed of about 130 mph but since I was in redline I decided to slow down

Spooble

155 on several occasions (the speed limiter worked).

For the safety hens clucking out there, this was done on assorted stretches of straight, flat desert road in the Southwest (SoCal, Arizona, & Nevada), with miles of visibility and no traffic.

giant_mtb

Quote155 on several occasions (the speed limiter worked).

For the safety hens clucking out there, this was done on assorted stretches of straight, flat desert road in the Southwest (SoCal, Arizona, & Nevada), with miles of visibility and no traffic.
What kinda car were you drivin?

Raza

Quote155 on several occasions (the speed limiter worked).

What kinda car were you drivin?
Something German with a V8 or supercharged V6 I imagine.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

footoflead

My thread is back from the dead... :lol:  
Speed is my drug, Adrenaline my addiction
Racing is an addiction...and the only cure is poverty
Sometimes you just have to floor it and hope for the best
Member of the Rag destroyed the 'CarSPIN carry the torch thread' club
Co-President of the I Fought the Tree and the Tree Won Club

m4c$'s ar3 th3 suck0rz club president!
'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'04 Mustang Silver, Dad's
'05 Silverado, Mom's

footoflead

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

Laconian

Kia EV6 GT-Line / MX-5 RF 6MT

Colonel Cadillac

Quote110. Felt stupid ever since.
Cuz you didn't go faster? What car was it in?

Raza

I'd feel stupid if I were you, too.  Just in general, though.

:o  ;)  
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

footoflead

Cuz you didn't go faster? What car was it in?

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

footoflead

I'd feel stupid if I were you, too.  Just in general, though.

:o  ;)
:D  

'02 Mustang Red, Mine
'05 Silverado, Mom's

MadMoparMike

In 93 I bought a 76 Trans Am from a friend. This car was totally worked with a little over 500 hp out of a BB 400 tricked turbo400 tranny and 2.73 rear which is really high gearing. I lived in Ft. Myers Fl at the time and one night (early a.m.) about 3am I decided to go out on a long and deserted stretch of Summerlin Blvd.
A divided (by grass) 4 lane highway and see what she could do! Turns out she could do alot!!! Speedometer topped out at 150 and the car was still pulling strongly beyond that. In fact I would'nt bring it to the limit but i speculate that I had it up to about 170 easy. unfortunately, before i could do anything about it or really even attempt to signifigantly slow down, I did come up on a couple cars in the slow lane. Thank God they did'nt come into my lane or death would have occurred! I was 18 and stupid :blink:
I do have the tendency though to top out what ever cars I own at some point or another
My 86 Fiero GT had an electronic limiter that would'nt allow it over 125
Had my 97 Legacy up to 118 on the Lynnway between revere and Lynn Ma. a couple years ago about 2 am
My 93 Altima did 120 on that same strech before that

MX793

Maybe 90 mph.  I'm not really into straight line speed.  I like blitzing twisty backroads.
Needs more Jiggawatts

2016 Ford Mustang GTPP / 2011 Toyota Rav4 Base AWD / 2014 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 ABS
1992 Nissan 240SX Fastback / 2004 Mazda Mazda3s / 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Premium / 2007 Suzuki GSF1250SA Bandit / 2006 VW Jetta 2.5

cawimmer430

1985 Mercedes 300SE = 225 km/h (141 mph) That was the cars top speed...

1989 Mercedes 500SL = 240 km/h (150 mph) Traffic conditions didn't permit a higher speed. My dad had the limiter removed and maxed it out at 270 km/h (168 mph) once though on a Sunday morning at 3:00 AM!  :rockon:

2002 Mercedes E320 = 230 km/h (144 mph) Again, damn traffic!

2002 Mercedes S320 = 220 km/h (138 mph) I could have gone faster, but I didn't feel like pushing it for some reason. I did ride in the same car with Mr. Schultz once and he maxed it out at 240 km/h (150 mph).

2005 Mercedes C200 Kompressor = 210 km/h (131 mph) It could go faster, but the light C200K didn't feel as stable at higher speeds than a C350 or C55 AMG would.

2006 Mercedes SLK350 7Gtronic = 235 km/h (147 mph) The steering on this car was so precise and responsive, that you really have to concentrate hard when driving the car at higher speeds. I got scared and slowed down. 235 km/h was the max I brought it up to.

I also drove a Volkswagen Golf 100-hp TDI on the Autobahn once during driving school. 180 km/h was the max. speed I was able to manage since the thing was shaking at 120 km/h already! 180 km/h = 113 mph.
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

dazzleman

Quote1985 Mercedes 300SE = 225 km/h (141 mph) That was the cars top speed...

1989 Mercedes 500SL = 240 km/h (150 mph) Traffic conditions didn't permit a higher speed. My dad had the limiter removed and maxed it out at 270 km/h (168 mph) once though on a Sunday morning at 3:00 AM!  :rockon:

2002 Mercedes E320 = 230 km/h (144 mph) Again, damn traffic!

2002 Mercedes S320 = 220 km/h (138 mph) I could have gone faster, but I didn't feel like pushing it for some reason. I did ride in the same car with Mr. Schultz once and he maxed it out at 240 km/h (150 mph).

2005 Mercedes C200 Kompressor = 210 km/h (131 mph) It could go faster, but the light C200K didn't feel as stable at higher speeds than a C350 or C55 AMG would.

2006 Mercedes SLK350 7Gtronic = 235 km/h (147 mph) The steering on this car was so precise and responsive, that you really have to concentrate hard when driving the car at higher speeds. I got scared and slowed down. 235 km/h was the max I brought it up to.

I also drove a Volkswagen Golf 100-hp TDI on the Autobahn once during driving school. 180 km/h was the max. speed I was able to manage since the thing was shaking at 120 km/h already! 180 km/h = 113 mph.
Pretty impressive speeds, dude. :rockon:

Were you driving on the autobahn when you hit these speeds?
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

Catman

QuoteIn 93 I bought a 76 Trans Am from a friend. This car was totally worked with a little over 500 hp out of a BB 400 tricked turbo400 tranny and 2.73 rear which is really high gearing. I lived in Ft. Myers Fl at the time and one night (early a.m.) about 3am I decided to go out on a long and deserted stretch of Summerlin Blvd.
A divided (by grass) 4 lane highway and see what she could do! Turns out she could do alot!!! Speedometer topped out at 150 and the car was still pulling strongly beyond that. In fact I would'nt bring it to the limit but i speculate that I had it up to about 170 easy. unfortunately, before i could do anything about it or really even attempt to signifigantly slow down, I did come up on a couple cars in the slow lane. Thank God they did'nt come into my lane or death would have occurred! I was 18 and stupid :blink:
I do have the tendency though to top out what ever cars I own at some point or another
My 86 Fiero GT had an electronic limiter that would'nt allow it over 125
Had my 97 Legacy up to 118 on the Lynnway between revere and Lynn Ma. a couple years ago about 2 am
My 93 Altima did 120 on that same strech before that
Hey Mike welcome to the forum.  Hasn't the Lynnway claimed a few lives over the years?

Champ

had my new Viggen up to 115 or so then didn't want a ticket, had my 97' 900 turbo at 130.

Guy that sold me the Viggen said he had it on a race track and got it to 140 before he hit turn #1.  Said there was still room left to go.

Speed_Racer

I took a rental Impala up to 97 mph before it ran out of steam.

I really didn't like that car...especially after spending over a thousand miles with it over a 4 day period. It was so incredibly slow, and it handled like a boat.