$10,000 speeding ticket.

Started by Ron From Regina, October 03, 2007, 11:33:20 AM

AKL

Quote from: etypeJohn on October 04, 2007, 10:41:43 AM
Which is just about how much time you will save on a thirty mile trip if the posted limit is 60 and you drive 75. 

At least doing that doesn't risk innocent lives on the road (Assuming the traffic is around that speed of course).
---------------------
05 Accord EX V6/  07 Santa Fe 3.3 GL
---------------------

S204STi

I think Payman has a thread in general about why Candians "don't get" GWB.  This my friends is why we in the States "don't get" you cats in Canada.
:wtf:

I especially dig the part about how you can't argue with the officer, or risk an additional HUGE fine.

"Drive 50 km/h or more over the speed limit;
Race and/or stunt drive; and
Drive with someone in the trunk."

Shit I think I've done all 3 in the past week.

S204STi

Quote from: 565 on October 06, 2007, 07:24:27 PM
"Drive with someone in the trunk."

Shit I think I've done all 3 in the past week.

Heck, I do it every day.

3.0L V6

Quote from: R-inge on October 06, 2007, 11:49:16 AM
I think Payman has a thread in general about why Candians "don't get" GWB.  This my friends is why we in the States "don't get" you cats in Canada.

I especially dig the part about how you can't argue with the officer, or risk an additional HUGE fine.

To be fair, Virginia is enacting something similar.

But yes, Dalton McGuinty (premier of Ontario) and Fantino (OPP commissioner) have overdone this one.

Submariner

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on October 03, 2007, 01:35:28 PM
Not as bad as what happened to this guy:

We were talking about the fastest speeds we had driven at work the other day and one of my colleagues said his was 186 mph  :confused:  Might have to have a word with him  :pullover:

My boss passed a state trooper doing 202 on his GSX-1000.

Needless to say... they never caught up to him.
2010 G-550  //  2019 GLS-550

Raghavan

Quote from: Submariner on October 08, 2007, 09:47:39 AM

I didn't know GSX-R's could go that fast, especially when the Hayabusa is slower.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Raghavan on October 08, 2007, 03:53:42 PM
I didn't know GSX-R's could go that fast, especially when the Hayabusa is slower.

Hayabusas are only slower because they are electronically limited to 180-ish.
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Raghavan

Quote from: NACar on October 08, 2007, 03:57:22 PM

oh.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on October 08, 2007, 03:57:22 PM

How hard is it to remove this limiter?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Vinsanity

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 08, 2007, 06:17:38 PM
How hard is it to remove this limiter?

write a "goodbye cruel world" letter to the Suzuki dealer and they will do it for you

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 08, 2007, 07:46:46 PM
write a "goodbye cruel world" letter to the Suzuki dealer and they will do it for you

:loL:

SVT_Power

Quote from: Vinsanity on October 08, 2007, 07:46:46 PM

do they do it for money? Because that would make no sense
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

SVT_Power

Quote from: Submariner on October 08, 2007, 09:47:39 AM

I always wondered what would happen if you really did pass a cop going at such speeds
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

Vinsanity

Quote from: M_power on October 08, 2007, 11:12:49 PM
do they do it for money? Because that would make no sense

it was a tongue-in-cheek joke alluding to the notion that removing the limiter on a Busa would mean certain suicide

SVT_Power

Well i'm actually curious to if they'll do it for money

S204STi

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on October 07, 2007, 08:22:17 PM
To be fair, Virginia is enacting something similar.

But yes, Dalton McGuinty (premier of Ontario) and Fantino (OPP commissioner) have overdone this one.

Well, I recind then.  Apparently, stupidity is universal...

TheIntrepid

CLOSE FUCKING CALL!

I was driving at about 110/120km/h today in a 60 zone, showing the sheer power :devil: of the Trep to my friend, and suddenly I saw a black Impala off to the right. I hit the brakes SO hard the ABS kicked in and I dropped just below 70 as I passed him. I was the only car on the road and I honestly don't know how he missed me. :huh:

Raghavan

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 09, 2007, 05:14:52 PM
CLOSE FUCKING CALL!

I was driving at about 110/120km/h today in a 60 zone, showing the sheer power :devil: of the Trep to my friend, and suddenly I saw a black Impala off to the right. I hit the brakes SO hard the ABS kicked in and I dropped just below 70 as I passed him. I was the only car on the road and I honestly don't know how he missed me. :huh:
You really should stop going over twice the limit.

93JC

Quote from: R-inge on October 06, 2007, 11:49:16 AM

They're Ontarians: I don't 'get them' either.

The Pirate

CLOSE FUCKING CALL!

If your speed was at 70 when you passed him, it surely would have been higher when you were coming up on him, which is when he is going to shoot radar.  So, he didn't nail you, not because you were speeding, but for some other reason (maybe he was waiting for a bigger fish).
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

CALL_911

CLOSE FUCKING CALL!

Sheer power? lol, good one.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

dazzleman

CLOSE FUCKING CALL!

Sorry to hear you missed out, Trep.  It would have been fun to bust your balls over the nut-crushing ticket you would have gotten if you'd gotten nailed.... :lol:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

VTEC_Inside

Be sure and let us know when you do get busted Trep cause I'm headed out to the impound yard to take pictures, lol...

I was about to bust your balls for doing 110 in a 60 then I remembered that I did something very similar at least once when I was 18...
Honda, The Heartbeat of Japan...
2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT 252hp 273lb/ft
2006 Acura CSX Touring 160hp 141lb/ft *Sons car now*
2004 Acura RSX Type S 6spd 200hp 142lb/ft
1989 Honda Accord Coupe LX 5spd 2bbl 98hp 109lb/ft *GONE*
Slushies are something to drink, not drive...

TheIntrepid

Quote from: VTEC_Inside on October 09, 2007, 08:25:39 PM
Be sure and let us know when you do get busted Trep cause I'm headed out to the impound yard to take pictures, lol...

I was about to bust your balls for doing 110 in a 60 then I remembered that I did something very similar at least once when I was 18...

lol. I don't go more than 40 over usually, loophole on that new law. If I were to get raped, I would rather pay a fine *knocks wood*.

So far, driving like a maniac since March 2005 and a perfect record. :rockon:

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 09, 2007, 08:31:18 PM
lol. I don't go more than 40 over usually, loophole on that new law. If I were to get raped, I would rather pay a fine *knocks wood*.

So far, driving like a maniac since March 2005 and a perfect record. :rockon:

Dude, I bet you're a more careful driver than ever a good deal of the time..... :rockon:
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on October 09, 2007, 08:37:33 PM
Dude, I bet you're a more careful driver than ever a good deal of the time..... :rockon:

I have shit brake pads now because I jam them so much when I see cops. Thank god for ABS :rockon:

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 09, 2007, 08:41:10 PM
I have shit brake pads now because I jam them so much when I see cops. Thank god for ABS :rockon:

You better take care of those brake pads before they eat into the rotors.  A couple of my friends ignored their brake pads for too long, and then had to spend hundreds of dollars to replace their rotors.

Maybe you should just accept the ticket that is due you rather than squealing and weaseling your way out of it.... :pullover:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: dazzleman on October 09, 2007, 08:48:01 PM
You better take care of those brake pads before they eat into the rotors.  A couple of my friends ignored their brake pads for too long, and then had to spend hundreds of dollars to replace their rotors.

Maybe you should just accept the ticket that is due you rather than squealing and weaseling your way out of it.... :pullover:

Can't accept the ticket. Dad said if I get a ticket, I'm off the family insurance. Of course I think he'll just give me a few lectures, make me pay for it, and end of story, but still. :cry:

They don't know I speed as much as I do. When they're in the car I stay within 10-15 of the limit.

dazzleman

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 09, 2007, 08:54:18 PM
Can't accept the ticket. Dad said if I get a ticket, I'm off the family insurance. Of course I think he'll just give me a few lectures, make me pay for it, and end of story, but still. :cry:

They don't know I speed as much as I do. When they're in the car I stay within 10-15 of the limit.

Hah, the risk you're running if you get a ticket only makes the speeding even more fun.

Remember the Judd Nelson line from "The Breakfast Club" when he said to Molly Ringwald, "See, it feels good to be bad..."  :rastaman: