Post your driveway/garage/carpark!

Started by TheIntrepid, October 05, 2007, 07:09:53 AM

CALL_911

Quote from: Raghavan on October 24, 2007, 09:14:23 PM
Well, if my son or daughter took out my car without my permission I'd be extremely pissed.
If they bought their own car but didn't have a license, I wouldn't mind so much.

Yeah, me too. Still, the thought of a nice Audi, or BMW sitting there, doing nothing is VERY tempting, and I just give in every time I can.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Raghavan

Quote from: CALL_911 on October 24, 2007, 09:15:56 PM
Yeah, me too. Still, the thought of a nice Audi, or BMW sitting there, doing nothing is VERY tempting, and I just give in every time I can.
If they got their license, they'd be free to take my cars out (well, if i had multiple cars, there would be one that they wouldn't be able to touch :lol: ).

CALL_911

Quote from: Raghavan on October 24, 2007, 09:21:12 PM
If they got their license, they'd be free to take my cars out (well, if i had multiple cars, there would be one that they wouldn't be able to touch :lol: ).

Ehh, it depends. They are not allowed to touch anything with the Porsche badge on it. And they must learn manual, in order to drive any cars I may own.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

Vinsanity

still haven't had the chance to go to my parents house to borrow the good camera, but here's a shot of my apartment building with mine and my sister's cars parked next to each other

we both bought our cars from the same dealership district in a city about 20 minutes away; a fact which is given away by the license plate frames. now everyone will think that we're from there :rolleyes:

JYODER240

Is that an All-trac Celica in the background?
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Vinsanity

yeah that's an early-90's Celica, but I'm pretty sure it's not an All-Trac. As I recall, it's just a regular ricer/beater Celica with bare 14" steelies, and a few aftermarket cosmetics.

dazzleman

OK guys, I finally got a digital camera, and Greg helped me figure out the basics of posting pictures.  So here are a few from my driveway and garage.

The first two are the garage from different angles.

[

This next one is of the driveway, coming down from the street.

This last one is the driveway from the bottom, looking back up toward the street.

A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

93JC

Sheesh, big enough place, David? I thought you lived alone...

dazzleman

Quote from: 93JC on October 28, 2007, 11:38:24 AM
Sheesh, big enough place, David? I thought you lived alone...

I do.... :lol:

My house actually looks very big from that angle.  It's not as big as it probably appears in these pictures.
A good friend will come bail you out of jail...BUT, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, DAMN...that was fun!

J86

Dave, beutiful home!  What room is directly above the door, with all those windows?

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on October 28, 2007, 11:40:13 AM
Dave, beutiful home!  What room is directly above the door, with all those windows?

Thanks man.

That room used to be an upstairs porch, but is now a TV room.  The previous owner used it as an office.

93JC

Looks like an older house, so I guess one can attribute the size of the lot to simply being 'old'. Or, at least, that's how it works here: newer it is the smaller the lot, generally.

So... did you paint it bright yellow? :lol:

dazzleman

Quote from: 93JC on October 28, 2007, 11:41:43 AM
Looks like an older house, so I guess one can attribute the size of the lot to simply being 'old'. Or, at least, that's how it works here: newer it is the smaller the lot, generally.

So... did you paint it bright yellow? :lol:

Yes, I picked the color.  Every single thing in the house was white when I bought it, so I was having an extreme reaction against white..... :lol:

The older houses definitely have larger lots than the newer McMansions.  That's why I bought this one.  I like it that way.

93JC

Ugh, white.

White houses are creepy. Why some people want their house to look like a sanitorium is beyond me.

dazzleman

Quote from: 93JC on October 28, 2007, 11:45:50 AM
Ugh, white.

White houses are creepy. Why some people want their house to look like a sanitorium is beyond me.

Tastes change.  The old owner (an older woman) told me that "every single house on this block used to be white, and that's the way it should be."  Obviously, I didn't agree, but I kept quiet at the time.  :lol:

Rich

Quote from: dazzleman on October 28, 2007, 11:39:01 AM
I do.... :lol:

My house actually looks very big from that angle.  It's not as big as it probably appears in these pictures.

Looks like a beautiful area.  I wish we had an area like that down/around here.
2003 Mazda Miata 5MT; 2005 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport 4AT

dazzleman

Quote from: HotRodPilot on October 28, 2007, 11:49:42 AM
Looks like a beautiful area.  I wish we had an area like that down/around here.

Thanks man.  I really like the area.

If you want, I could come down there and probably find an area like this for you.  I have a knack for sniffing out nice areas.  You could put me in the middle of a strange area and blindfold me, and somehow I'll still be able to zero in on the nicest sections.  It's either a gift or a curse, depending on how you look at it.  :lol:

Raza

Dude, bright yellow house with blue shutters? 

:lol:

I actually like white houses.  Very colonial.  There are a few of the older houses near me that look nice in white.  My next door neighbor's house is also white, which looks okay.  I think it looks better on older houses.  Your house would probably look great in white, Dave.

Of course, you guys have seen mine, which is brick at the front.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11469.msg622068#msg622068 date=1193594533
Dude, bright yellow house with blue shutters? 

:lol:

I actually like white houses.  Very colonial.  There are a few of the older houses near me that look nice in white.  My next door neighbor's house is also white, which looks okay.  I think it looks better on older houses.  Your house would probably look great in white, Dave.

Of course, you guys have seen mine, which is brick at the front.

Yellow and blue is a popular combination around here.  I don't think it's quite as bright in person as it appears in the picture.

Raza

I've never seen a yellow house in my life. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11469.msg622070#msg622070 date=1193594745
I've never seen a yellow house in my life. 

You haven't been around much..... :lol:

Raza

Quote from: dazzleman on October 28, 2007, 12:06:27 PM
You haven't been around much..... :lol:

I haven't been to Connecticut in a few years, and last time I was there I don't recall seeing any.  And there are no houses that hue near my house, nor anywhere I generally go.  Sure, you get stucco and those other lame semi-yellow colors out there, but nothing so vibrant as yours.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

J86

Quote from: dazzleman on October 28, 2007, 11:41:20 AM
Thanks man.

That room used to be an upstairs porch, but is now a TV room.  The previous owner used it as an office.

Nice, natural light must be great

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11469.msg622074#msg622074 date=1193594997
I haven't been to Connecticut in a few years, and last time I was there I don't recall seeing any.  And there are no houses that hue near my house, nor anywhere I generally go.  Sure, you get stucco and those other lame semi-yellow colors out there, but nothing so vibrant as yours.

I live here.  Trust me, there are plenty of other yellow houses.  I'm not an original guy when it comes to colors, and my method of selecting colors is to drive around and find something I like, and then copy it.

the Teuton

Dave, beautiful, old house.  It reminds me of my current dream house back home, which was a former Hoover (as in the vacuums) mansion.  It's the same style.

I want to go back home and see my new house (Pittsburgh is my home now, so I can barely call it home).  It's apparently a brick split-level that backs onto a park.  All I really care about it the garage for two and the driveway for four.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

dazzleman

Quote from: J86 on October 28, 2007, 12:13:23 PM
Nice, natural light must be great

Actually, the other side of the house (not pictured) gets a lot more light than that room, at least in the summer when the leaves are on the trees.  That side faces in a northeastern direction, and there are a lot of large trees nearby.  In the summer, the trees block out most of the light, but in the winter, it gets morning light.

dazzleman

Quote from: the Teuton on October 28, 2007, 12:15:39 PM
Dave, beautiful, old house.  It reminds me of my current dream house back home, which was a former Hoover (as in the vacuums) mansion.  It's the same style.

I want to go back home and see my new house (Pittsburgh is my home now, so I can barely call it home).  It's apparently a brick split-level that backs onto a park.  All I really care about it the garage for two and the driveway for four.

Thanks man.  I'll post some more pictures online soon so you can get a better view.

So I take it your parents moved, and you haven't seen the house yet?  Did they even give you the address? :lol:  [My mother used to joke that my father's brother should do that to his kids -- move and not tell them where he went...]

dazzleman

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11469.msg622074#msg622074 date=1193594997

As I look at the pictures, the color looks a little deeper than it actually is.  It must be something with the color settings.  It's not a lame yellow, but it's far from canary yellow.  I actually wanted a colonial type yellow, and I think I'm pretty close to that.  There are houses around here brighter than mine -- I've seen some that are pumpkin colored, though that's too much for me.  Blue is also a nice color for a house, if you get the right shade.

the Teuton

Quote from: dazzleman on October 28, 2007, 12:18:46 PM
Thanks man.  I'll post some more pictures online soon so you can get a better view.

So I take it your parents moved, and you haven't seen the house yet?  Did they even give you the address? :lol:  [My mother used to joke that my father's brother should do that to his kids -- move and not tell them where he went...]

It's in North Canton not far from my old house, but it's 300 sq. ft. bigger.  In 1992 when my oldest brother was in college, my parents actually did move without telling him.  I don't think he was happy about having no idea where they were.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

dazzleman

Quote from: the Teuton on October 28, 2007, 12:25:21 PM
It's in North Canton not far from my old house, but it's 300 sq. ft. bigger.  In 1992 when my oldest brother was in college, my parents actually did move without telling him.  I don't think he was happy about having no idea where they were.

I have to say; that's kind of strange.  Were they not getting along with him?