2008 Fusion Sport

Started by SVT666, October 05, 2007, 09:44:58 AM

SVT666

I like what I see, but it needs 100 extra horsepower, AWD, 6 speed manual, and an SVT badge.

2008 Ford Fusion Sport
10/04/07, 03:58pm, EDT

Ford has announced a Sport package for its 2008 Fusion SE and SEL models. Although the Sport package doesn't increase the Fusion's power, it does add a healthy list of option for only $895. Exterior upgrades include 18 inch wheels, body-color fog-lamp surrounds and a unique rear lip spoiler.

Interior tweaks include charcoal black trim with red stitching and a brushed aluminum center stack. Customers can also choose from "red-splashed" seat inserts in cloth or leather.

The Sport package also improves the Fusion's suspension with with a bigger rear stabilizer bar, stiffer springs and upgraded struts and shocks.

The 2008 Fusion Sport will be available in Black, Redfire Metallic, Vapor Silver and Silver Birch Metallic.

TheIntrepid

I dig the seats. Can't you get it with AWD?

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 05, 2007, 09:46:13 AM

No, the seats do not come with AWD. :rolleyes:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 05, 2007, 09:46:13 AM
You probably can, but it still needs a turbo, 6 speed, and an SVT badge.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 05, 2007, 09:51:53 AM
You probably can, but it still needs a turbo, 6 speed, and an SVT badge.

A 6-speed manual would be nice, but a turbo seems a bit much to ask for 895 bucks.  ;)

SVT666

Quote from: SJ_GTI on October 05, 2007, 10:01:09 AM
A 6-speed manual would be nice, but a turbo seems a bit much to ask for 895 bucks.  ;)
:lol:

You know what I mean.  SVT Fusion would be perfect.

The Pirate

I priced a 4-cylinder 5 speed Fusion on the Ford website not too long ago, you get a lot of stuff for the money, and it's a great looking car.  I could see myself driving one.  Eighteen inch wheels seem like overkill though.

I'd love an SVT version as well, but I don't see that happening.
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

SJ_GTI

Quote from: The Pirate on October 05, 2007, 11:18:11 AM
Eighteen inch wheels seem like overkill though.

Screw you, hippie.  :rage:

The Pirate

Quote from: SJ_GTI on October 05, 2007, 12:10:47 PM
Screw you, hippie.  :rage:

My VW van looks goofy with the 18's I had to take them off.  Don't ya know, the crappy ride made my patchouli spill all over too...

Hehe, I'm a frugal guy, I balk at the price of 16" tires for my car.  I sure as hell don't want to pay for 18" tires.  :lol:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

r0tor

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FlatBlackCaddy

I never understood all the people(mostly die hard ford fans) saying that they want a turbo, awd manual fusion. It gets old. Just go and buy a mazdaspeed6, its exactly what you want in a fusion except in a better looking interior/exterior package with much better performance tuning.

S204STi

Woohoo, heavier wheels and some cosmetics = sport now! :cheers:

Oy the marketing hurts my brain...

S204STi

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 05, 2007, 01:22:01 PM
I never understood all the people(mostly die hard ford fans) saying that they want a turbo, awd manual fusion. It gets old. Just go and buy a mazdaspeed6, its exactly what you want in a fusion except in a better looking interior/exterior package with much better performance tuning.

Which was a good idea up till now...since they won't be selling it anymore.

sandertheshark

I drove a lot of rental Fusions last summer and I gotta say I like 'em.  I got to push one down AZ highway 89 from Prescott - which is an awesome road, apart from the cyclists taking up to much space - and the FWD Fusion took it very well.  I think Ford should definitely push it's sporty potential (and zoom-zoom underpinnings) and I'd love to see an SVT version.

CJ

Damnit, Ford.  CHANGE THE DAMN COLOR OF YOUR GAUGES!  The wheels are ugly, the seats are....well, there's nothing special about 'em.  If they had black suede inserts, then it'd be better.  It's a waste of money and metal.

sandertheshark

Quote from: CJ on October 05, 2007, 08:27:21 PM
Damnit, Ford.  CHANGE THE DAMN COLOR OF YOUR GAUGES!  The wheels are ugly, the seats are....well, there's nothing special about 'em.  If they had black suede inserts, then it'd be better.  It's a waste of money and metal.
Gauge color, seats and rims aren't much to complain about.

Raza

Quote from: R-inge on October 05, 2007, 02:23:26 PM
Which was a good idea up till now...since they won't be selling it anymore.

Cheap used.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: R-inge on October 05, 2007, 02:22:48 PM
You forget the sport suspension.

Soup DeVille

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 05, 2007, 01:22:01 PM

Ford guys wo't drive one o dem furrin cars...
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

S204STi

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 05, 2007, 10:24:46 PM
You forget the sport suspension.

Whoops, I guess I should polish up my reading skillz.

CJ

I saw one of these at the Fair.  Looks better than in pictures.

93JC

Quote from: CJ on October 05, 2007, 08:27:21 PM
Damnit, Ford.  CHANGE THE DAMN COLOR OF YOUR GAUGES!

Calm down, spaz.

FordSVT

Quote from: R-inge on October 05, 2007, 02:22:48 PM

Oy the marketing hurts my brain...

"The Sport package also improves the Fusion's suspension with with a bigger rear stabilizer bar, stiffer springs and upgraded struts and shocks."

For $895, it's a pretty sweet list of options if you ask me. If you purchased each item separately it would cost, what, $3000? I think it's a more "sporty" mid-sizer than the Camry, Accord or Altima. It's not a Lotus Elise or an MX-5, it's an entry-level mid-size family sedan, WTF do you expect?

S204STi

Quote from: FordSVT on October 07, 2007, 09:07:25 PM
"The Sport package also improves the Fusion's suspension with with a bigger rear stabilizer bar, stiffer springs and upgraded struts and shocks."

For $895, it's a pretty sweet list of options if you ask me. If you purchased each item separately it would cost, what, $3000? I think it's a more "sporty" mid-sizer than the Camry, Accord or Altima. It's not a Lotus Elise or an MX-5, it's an entry-level mid-size family sedan, WTF do you expect?

Yeah, we already went over that.

Raghavan

FordSVT

Quote from: Raghavan on October 09, 2007, 03:29:05 PM
Oh jeez, that guy was an idiot.

He's pretty anal I will admit, but he's not an idiot. He actually does know a lot about cars and engines.

FordSVT

Quote from: R-inge on October 09, 2007, 03:27:10 PM
Yeah, we already went over that.

Well it was covered in the OP and you didn't notice so I figured I'd bring it up again just in case.  :rolleyes:

Raghavan

Quote from: FordSVT on October 09, 2007, 03:46:05 PM
He's pretty anal I will admit, but he's not an idiot. He actually does know a lot about cars and engines.
Yeah, but that's all he did...
"oh, this should belong in this forum or that forum... blah blah blah".
Then he bought a Pontiac Grand Prix and posted it in the Sports/GT section and tried to justify it. :nutty:
What a hypocrite.

S204STi

Quote from: FordSVT on October 09, 2007, 03:47:21 PM
Well it was covered in the OP and you didn't notice so I figured I'd bring it up again just in case.  :rolleyes:

Thanks for looking out for me.  :thumbsup: