2008 Fusion Sport

Started by SVT666, October 05, 2007, 09:44:58 AM

S204STi

Quote from: Raghavan on October 09, 2007, 03:49:16 PM
Yeah, but that's all he did...
"oh, this should belong in this forum or that forum... blah blah blah".
Then he bought a Pontiac Grand Prix and posted it in the Sports/GT section and tried to justify it. :nutty:
What a hypocrite.

The last part doesn't sound like something Shaman would do...

Raghavan

Quote from: R-inge on October 09, 2007, 06:00:00 PM
Well, it was mostly rot0r who started it but rot0r did have a point...
Here's Shaman's justifying post:

Hrm, lessee...

280lb/ft + 260hp? Check. (Camry, Accord? How much torque again?)

Handling Package + 225/17 rubber + aluminum wheels? Check.

Variable-effort steering? Check.

Enhanced traction control? Check.

Supercharger (easy mods)? Check.

Available in Coupe? Check.

Leather bucket seats? Check.

Tire inflation monitoring system? Check.

I dunno... sounds like a Performance Car to me. Pretty much anything that is faster than a truck could be called a Performance car, if you wanted to stretch things a bit. Thus there's a Skyline thread in here, etc. etc.

Danish

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 05, 2007, 09:44:58 AM

I'm the only one who doesn't like it? Maybe its the angle but damn that looks awful!
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

nickdrinkwater

I don't like it either.  Thank god we have the Mondeo.

FordSVT

Quote from: Raghavan on October 10, 2007, 12:11:39 AM
Well, it was mostly rot0r who started it but rot0r did have a point...
Here's Shaman's justifying post:

Hrm, lessee...

280lb/ft + 260hp? Check. (Camry, Accord? How much torque again?)

Handling Package + 225/17 rubber + aluminum wheels? Check.

Variable-effort steering? Check.

Enhanced traction control? Check.

Supercharger (easy mods)? Check.

Available in Coupe? Check.

Leather bucket seats? Check.

Tire inflation monitoring system? Check.

I dunno... sounds like a Performance Car to me. Pretty much anything that is faster than a truck could be called a Performance car, if you wanted to stretch things a bit. Thus there's a Skyline thread in here, etc. etc.

Was that in the Performance Car or Sports/GT section? I ask because he says "Performance car" and sounds like he's justifying discussing his Pontiac in the performance cars section as opposed to the Mainstreamers section.

Link?

93JC

Quote from: Danish on October 10, 2007, 03:05:00 AM
I'm the only one who doesn't like it? Maybe its the angle but damn that looks awful!
Quote from: nickdrinkwater on October 10, 2007, 05:32:09 AM
I don't like it either.  Thank god we have the Mondeo.

You're idiots.

r0tor

Quote from: FordSVT on October 07, 2007, 09:07:25 PM
"The Sport package also improves the Fusion's suspension with with a bigger rear stabilizer bar, stiffer springs and upgraded struts and shocks."

For $895, it's a pretty sweet list of options if you ask me. If you purchased each item separately it would cost, what, $3000? I think it's a more "sporty" mid-sizer than the Camry, Accord or Altima. It's not a Lotus Elise or an MX-5, it's an entry-level mid-size family sedan, WTF do you expect?

$3000??  A set of sway bars is around $150 (rear only), $200 for springs, and then <$500 for shocks (depending on how good you go... they aren't adjustable so probably $300 for all 4 shocks)

considering stiffer springs and sway bars really don't cost any more then the current softer springs and sway bars to manufacture - the cost to Ford is probably $100 per car... i'd wager its probably just the suspension package from the Mazda 6 anyway -shrug-
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

r0tor

and damn my mainstreamer tr0lling worked  :lol:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FordSVT

Quote from: r0tor on October 10, 2007, 09:35:00 AM
$3000??  A set of sway bars is around $150 (rear only), $200 for springs, and then <$500 for shocks (depending on how good you go... they aren't adjustable so probably $300 for all 4 shocks)

considering stiffer springs and sway bars really don't cost any more then the current softer springs and sway bars to manufacture - the cost to Ford is probably $100 per car... i'd wager its probably just the suspension package from the Mazda 6 anyway -shrug-

I was guessing most of the cost would be for the wheels. If you bought similar aftermarket rims and tires you'd be spending $1500-2000 for a set of four. You can get cheaper wheels and tires, but I'd wager these are NOT cheap wheels and tires. And that's not counting labor savings, considering 98% of the population wouldn't be able to do that for themselves.

All I said was that $895 was a good deal considering the price you'd pay if you bought them separately. In a world where moonroofs are $1000 options, am I right or wrong?  :huh:

nickdrinkwater

FordSVT

Quote from: R-inge on October 10, 2007, 01:19:15 PM
lmao!

I don't know what you're laughing about, you're the one with the ugly car.  :rastaman:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: nickdrinkwater on October 10, 2007, 01:31:13 PM
Takes one to know one  :cheers:

That's just something idiots say to make themselves feel better...     :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: NACar on October 10, 2007, 01:33:08 PM
That's just something idiots say to make themselves feel better...     :lol:

:lol:

Idiot or not, this car still looks pretty crap!

SVT666

Raghavan

Quote from: FordSVT on October 10, 2007, 09:05:47 AM
Was that in the Performance Car or Sports/GT section? I ask because he says "Performance car" and sounds like he's justifying discussing his Pontiac in the performance cars section as opposed to the Mainstreamers section.

Link?
He posted it in the Performance section and when people called him out on it he just got mad, whereas he always bitches about cars being in the wrong section. :nutty:

Linkage:
http://forums.caranddriver.com/auto/board/message?board.id=18&thread.id=39604&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

Soup DeVille

Quote from: R-inge on October 09, 2007, 06:00:00 PM

He did. He also didn't mind bringing up motorcycles or that damned three wheeler whenever it pleased him.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

CJ

I think it still looks like crap...even after seeing it in person.

FordSVT

Quote from: Raghavan on October 10, 2007, 03:29:16 PM
He posted it in the Performance section and when people called him out on it he just got mad, whereas he always bitches about cars being in the wrong section. :nutty:

Linkage:
http://forums.caranddriver.com/auto/board/message?board.id=18&thread.id=39604&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

I agree with him. Performance cars was created because there was no place for performance oriented models outside of the sport/GT forum. Cars like the EVO, Altima SE-R, Focus SVT, Civic Si, etc. I'd say that a GTP Pontiac, which is obviously a fwd sports sedan would qualify.

HurricaneSteve

Quote from: HEMI666 on October 10, 2007, 02:02:58 PM
Say NO to drugs!

I wouldn't say it looks like crap but the front end is a CTS rip off and the rear & flanks are pretty bland. In fact the shape of the car, excluding the front, is pretty generic looking.

SVT666

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on October 11, 2007, 12:08:52 AM
I wouldn't say it looks like crap but the front end is a CTS rip off and the rear & flanks are pretty bland. In fact the shape of the car, excluding the front, is pretty generic looking.
It's hardly a CTS ripoff.

HurricaneSteve

S204STi

Quote from: Soup DeVille on October 10, 2007, 04:51:50 PM
He did. He also didn't mind bringing up motorcycles or that damned three wheeler whenever it pleased him.

Huh, I stand correctified then.

SVT666

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on October 12, 2007, 04:09:58 PM
Of course not.
Oh I see it now.  Four doors, two headlights, two foglights, a grille...You're right, it's clearly a ripoff.

Onslaught

I suppose it looks ok. The seats don't do much for me and I'm not a fan of Fords new chromed out front ends at all. But it's way better than the junk they used to make.

FordSVT

Quote from: HurricaneSteve on October 11, 2007, 12:08:52 AM

You don't have a very good eye. I can point out a dozen details from angles to folds to proportion that really point out glaring differences in the two cars. I agree with Hemi, the fact that both cars have roughly vertical headlights and horizontal slits for their grills does not mean they look alike. Even those two elements, the only ones that are remotely similar have glaring differences. The Ford has three chrome bars framed by horizontal boundaries + the two chrome bars across the lower air duct. The upper bars are in fact not even totally flat as they bend slightly and then more dramatically near either end to flow up to the hood line that pops up and away from the line of the hood met by the quarter panels. The Cadillac on the other hand has five horizontal bars that are almost totally flat and are surrounded by an angular frame. The hood bends downward relative to the quarter panels. The way the top of the headlights merge into the quarter panel and hood and grill with that complicated set of angels is much different from the Fusion. The bumper is much more angular and the fog lights are completely different.

I could go on for another 500 words just pointing out differences. If you want to call it bland, fine, but it's not a CTS rip off by any stretch of the imagination.

It's like saying the Sears Tower is a rip off of the Empire State building because they're both tall and straight. A studying architect could write a thesis on their differences.