Pictures of my S2000

Started by BMWDave, October 06, 2007, 05:53:02 PM

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: BMWDave on October 06, 2007, 08:39:36 PM
:lol:  I have my first meet tomorrow, I'm meeting around 40 S2K owners.  Hopefully it should be cool.    

Cool, i take it you hit up the local Forums and joined up. Seems pretty quick to be heading to the meets(nothing wrong with that).

So, whats on the mod list.  ;)

BMWDave

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:36:46 PM
Does it matter  :huh:

If i was racing for pinks i'd do a 5K clutch drop in the EVO, good for 4.6 seconds to sixty.

Yea, he would beat me. :lol: 

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: BMWDave on October 06, 2007, 08:41:17 PM
Yea, he would beat me. :lol: 

I would win, i would also be out a clutch too.

But i would have an S2000 :lol:

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 06, 2007, 08:42:27 PM
Wanna race me in the vehicle of my choice? ;)

Sure as long as its one you own.....and have the title to prove it.

BMWDave

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:40:46 PM
Cool, i take it you hit up the local Forums and joined up. Seems pretty quick to be heading to the meets(nothing wrong with that).

So, whats on the mod list.  ;)

Yup, I joined the forums, and they told me theres a meet tomorrow morning, so I said I'm in! :lol:

Hmm, I probably won't mod the car for some time, and I don't want to mess with reliability (some engine mods) since this is a daily driver.  A hardtop is my most likely acquisition in the near future. 

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:42:22 PM
I would win, i would also be out a clutch too.

But i would have an S2000 :lol:

I don't plan on traveling to Minnesota anytime soon. :tounge:

2007 Honda S2000

FlatBlackCaddy

I didn't mean performance, i assumed you want to shake it down before messing with mechanicals.

I figured some rims or suspension pieces(lowering Springs), something simple but enough to personalize it.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: BMWDave on October 06, 2007, 08:44:24 PM
I don't plan on traveling to Minnesota anytime soon. :tounge:

Thats ok, i'll come to you. :lol:

TheIntrepid

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:43:25 PM
Sure as long as its one you own.....and have the title to prove it.

I was planning on renting a DB9. :cry:

FlatBlackCaddy

Hmm, the Z might be able to take that. Then again i don't think you could pay the rental company when the car doesn't come back.

BMWDave

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:44:41 PM
I didn't mean performance, i assumed you want to shake it down before messing with mechanicals.

I figured some rims or suspension pieces(lowering Springs), something simple but enough to personalize it.

Well, I think the car is low enough now, it's not like an NC Miata where it rides high and you can lower it a lot.  It's pretty low as is, and I'm worried about scraping already. :lol:  I love the stock look, but when I get more familiar with the car, I'll look into mods and all that.  It's a downward slope from there. :lol:

2007 Honda S2000

TheIntrepid

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:50:30 PM
Hmm, the Z might be able to take that. Then again i don't think you could pay the rental company when the car doesn't come back.

How sad. I was looking forward to a free Evo.

BMWDave

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:50:30 PM

:lol:

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 06, 2007, 08:53:40 PM
How sad. I was looking forward to a free Evo.

Why?  So you can complain about the interior, wish it were an automatic, complain that it's not roomy enough, and say that it's not that much faster than your Intrepid?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT_Power

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 06, 2007, 08:48:59 PM
I was planning on renting a DB9. :cry:

probably not a smart choice to race his Z
"On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: Raza  on October 06, 2007, 08:58:00 PM
Why?  So you can complain about the interior, wish it were an automatic, complain that it's not roomy enough, and say that it's not that much faster than your Intrepid?

Don't forget the lack of cruise control.... :mask:

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: BMWDave on October 06, 2007, 08:53:09 PM
Well, I think the car is low enough now, it's not like an NC Miata where it rides high and you can lower it a lot.  It's pretty low as is, and I'm worried about scraping already. :lol:  I love the stock look, but when I get more familiar with the car, I'll look into mods and all that.  It's a downward slope from there. :lol:

Thats cool, i don't see too many S2K around here. I figured the wheel gap was typical, even for a performance car. Both my Z and EVO could use a 1-1.5" drop to eliminate some of that gap.

Downward slope? Tell me about it.

Panama_Chopster

Quote from: BMWDave on October 06, 2007, 08:53:09 PM

Hit me up when you're planning something, I might be able to give you a preview with photoshop before you blow your cash.

BMWDave

Quote from: Panama_Chopster on October 06, 2007, 09:25:30 PM
Hit me up when you're planning something, I might be able to give you a preview with photoshop before you blow your cash.

Thanks!! :ohyeah:  I still cant let you sit naked in my car though. ;)

2007 Honda S2000

TheIntrepid

He wants to sit naked in your car? :confused:

Raza

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 06, 2007, 09:39:07 PM
He wants to sit naked in your car? :confused:

You were his first choice, if that makes you feel better.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Panama_Chopster

Quote from: BMWDave on October 06, 2007, 09:36:20 PM
Thanks!! :ohyeah:  I still cant let you sit naked in my car though. ;)

I could settle for a naked ride in the trunk while you drive by the tail of the dragon.

;)

TheIntrepid

Ew. Naked guysin this thread. I'm leaving.

Also, none of you are to get into my car in the nude, you hear?

BMWDave

2007 Honda S2000

Panama_Chopster

Also I read in MT's S2000/RX8/350Z comparo that they said the S2000 would be considered a classic for Honda a few decades ahead. I believe them.

The Pirate

Very, very nice looking!  From pictures, I always liked the blue a lot, but I happened to see one today the same color as yours (you weren't in Albany today, were you :lol:), and I gotta say, that's the color to get!  It looked great.

I'm going to catch some shit for this, but there is something about Hondas.  I miss my old Civic, it just seemed to be more in touch with the road than any other affordable car I've driven.  Great clutch, brilliant shifter, great feedback, and she loved to rev.  I'd imagine the S2000 offers even more of those traits.

Should you find yourself in Albany, I will gladly offer you a night's lodging for a ride in the car. :lol:

Again, congrats, and have fun with it!
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

omicron

The car looks fantastic, Hondave.

:ohyeah:

cawimmer430

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie