Pictures of my S2000

Started by BMWDave, October 06, 2007, 05:53:02 PM

BMWDave

So, here are some pictures I took of my S2000.  I went to this scenic overlook, but found that cars can?t go up to the actual overlook, so I took pictures in the parking lot.  Hopefully tomorrow I?ll find a nice scenic place for even more pictures.  Hope you enjoy them!  :cheers:

2007 Honda S2000
OEM Hardtop, Rick's Ti Shift Knob, 17" Volk LE37ts coming soon...

CJ

Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome.  It's basically brand freaking new!  I love the color.  Have you found the MPH to KMH button yet?

BMWDave

Quote from: CJ on October 06, 2007, 05:55:46 PM
Awesome, awesome, awesome, awesome.  It's basically brand freaking new!  I love the color.  Have you found the MPH to KMH button yet?

Haha, thanks!  Of course I have, it's awesome!  But I never keep it there for too long, because I always end up going too fast. :lol:

2007 Honda S2000

Panama_Chopster

She's beautiful. Mind if I sit naked in it in a GTG? I want to be "in contact" with the car. I promise I won't leave any hairs inside.

BMWDave

Quote from: Panama_Chopster on October 06, 2007, 06:00:49 PM
She's beautiful. Mind if I sit naked in it in a GTG? I want to be "in contact" with the car. I promise I won't leave any hairs inside.

:lol:  Doubtful.  I could take the seat out of the car and then you could sit in it, but I'll still need convincing.  :lol:

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Not too bad at all.  Planning any more stickers for it?

:lol:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Quote from: Raza  on October 06, 2007, 06:28:43 PM
Not too bad at all.  Planning any more stickers for it?

:lol:

:lol:  They put them on!!  I have to get that off.

2007 Honda S2000

Payman

I hate mandatory front plates.  :rage:

Love your car though.  :ohyeah:

BMWDave

Quote from: Payman on October 06, 2007, 06:36:38 PM
I hate mandatory front plates.  :rage:

Love your car though.  :ohyeah:

Thanks! :ohyeah: Well, it's not thaat bad, and in does provide some added protection in the city from bumper bumpers.  :lol: 

2007 Honda S2000

Quote from: BMWDave on October 06, 2007, 06:40:42 PM
Thanks! :ohyeah: Well, it's not thaat bad, and in does provide some added protection in the city from bumper bumpers.  :lol: 

Looks excellent.

I don't know how strict NY is about not having a front plate, but I've been running around without a mandatory front plate on the Z06 for 2 years now in CT.  I think 80% of the Corvettes I see run around without the front plate.

Raghavan

Raza

Might want to have your door closing problem looked at.

And do you have the boot for your top?  What are you doing with it?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

BMWDave

Quote from: Raza  on October 06, 2007, 07:11:00 PM
Might want to have your door closing problem looked at.

And do you have the boot for your top?  What are you doing with it?

The boot for the top looks terrible, and I don't think I'll put it on.  Right now it's just being stored. 

2007 Honda S2000

the Teuton

So have you driven the car with the top up yet?
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

BMWDave

Quote from: 565 on October 06, 2007, 07:08:58 PM
Looks excellent.

I don't know how strict NY is about not having a front plate, but I've been running around without a mandatory front plate on the Z06 for 2 years now in CT.  I think 80% of the Corvettes I see run around without the front plate.

Thank you! :ohyeah:  I don't think I'd get pulled over, but the car is often parked in NYC, and traffic cops would have an easy time spotting the sports car without the front plate.  Once underway on the road, I doubt I'd get pulled over. 

2007 Honda S2000

BMWDave

Quote from: the Teuton on October 06, 2007, 07:26:42 PM
So have you driven the car with the top up yet?

I have. :lol:  It's just not as much of a satisfying experience (though certainly still quite enjoyable).  :lol:

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Is your car louder with the top up or down?

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

Quote from: Raza  on October 06, 2007, 07:45:58 PM
Is your car louder with the top up or down?

That's an interesting question.  It's not that bad with the top down, but overall, I'd say it's less noisy with the top up.

2007 Honda S2000

Raza

Quote from: BMWDave on October 06, 2007, 08:01:59 PM
That's an interesting question.  It's not that bad with the top down, but overall, I'd say it's less noisy with the top up.

Interesting.  My car's way louder with the top down (I'm talking engine noise only), and I wasn't sure if that was due to the engine placement.

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

FlatBlackCaddy

When did you buy this, i must be missing something but i don't recall a thread recently.

TheIntrepid

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:14:31 PM
When did you buy this, i must be missing something but i don't recall a thread recently.

He has a massive "Buying A New Car" thread in General Auto. He's had the car a week, I believe.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

FlatBlackCaddy

Was that the thread that was up around 20 pages?

If so i never really went to it, seemed like alot to get caught up on. Also i didn't think it would take anyone that long to buy a car.

Raza

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

BMWDave

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:20:44 PM
Was that the thread that was up around 20 pages?

If so i never really went to it, seemed like alot to get caught up on. Also i didn't think it would take anyone that long to buy a car.

Well, I did mention I was buying the car in September. :lol:

2007 Honda S2000

FlatBlackCaddy

I checked the thread out, got caught up for the most part.

So its a slightly used 07 and it looks like you got into it for around 27? Sorry if i'm prying.

Anyway nice ride, good color. I see mention of yellow and i think you'll be much happier not sticking out so much in the silver car. I'm not much of a honda fan, but he S2000 seems like the best choice for the money when it comes to awesome affordable verts. It gives up the turbo compared to the solstice/sky. Its clean and more powerful than a mazda. If reviews are anything to go by the Honda is probobly much more balanced and smooth(in just about every way, very polished mechanicals) than the solstice/sky twins.

Excellent choice.

BMWDave

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:27:14 PM
I checked the thread out, got caught up for the most part.

So its a slightly used 07 and it looks like you got into it for around 27? Sorry if i'm prying.

Anyway nice ride, good color. I see mention of yellow and i think you'll be much happier not sticking out so much in the silver car. I'm not much of a honda fan, but he S2000 seems like the best choice for the money when it comes to awesome affordable verts. It gives up the turbo compared to the solstice/sky. Its clean and more powerful than a mazda. If reviews are anything to go by the Honda is probobly much more balanced and smooth(in just about every way, very polished mechanicals) than the solstice/sky twins.

Excellent choice.

Thanks! :ohyeah:  It's a slightly used 07 for 27K, yes.  While I wouldn't mind yellow, I think silver is a better choice for the city.  I picked the Honda because it was similar to the Miata while being more substantial.  It doesn't weigh a crazy amount, it has great performance, it's supposed to be a reliable car, and I loved how it drove. 

2007 Honda S2000

FlatBlackCaddy

Well enjoy, i don't know about your area but try not to let all the kids get to you. It happens when you're driving the best of someones favorite brand.

So.......
Wanna race for pinks?  :tounge:

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

FlatBlackCaddy

Does it matter  :huh:

If i was racing for pinks i'd do a 5K clutch drop in the EVO, good for 4.6 seconds to sixty.

BMWDave

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 06, 2007, 08:35:11 PM
Well enjoy, i don't know about your area but try not to let all the kids get to you. It happens when you're driving the best of someones favorite brand.

So.......
Wanna race for pinks?  :tounge:

:lol:  I have my first meet tomorrow, I'm meeting around 40 S2K owners.  Hopefully it should be cool.     

2007 Honda S2000