Omi's cousin runs onto race track!

Started by the Teuton, October 10, 2007, 01:54:21 PM

the Teuton

Kangaroo Hops On Track During Race

Tue Oct 9, 10:52 AM ET

A brave kangaroo just seemed to want a piece of the action over the weekend as it hopped on to a race track during a high-speed V8 Supercar race in Australia.

As cars racing hundreds of miles an hour roared all around it, the kangaroo hopped down the middle of the track. Some drivers narrowly missed hitting it before the animal hopped over to the side.

Authorities said the marsupial escaped serious injury and returned to the wild and the race continued with no drivers hurt, either.

Just for the record, kangaroos can travel at speeds up to 30 mph.

Here's the video:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/ver/223/popup/index.php?cl=4460374
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

the Teuton

2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Payman

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CJ

I saw it on the news and thought about posting it here.

TheIntrepid

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

TheIntrepid

Quote from: NACar on October 10, 2007, 06:48:15 PM
Kangaroos are f4ster than ur Trep.  :rolleyes:

Kangaroos > Trep > Pile of Dog Crap > 'st33m > Your fat sister > 'sc0rt

:devil:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 10, 2007, 06:50:17 PM
Kangaroos > Trep > Pile of Dog Crap > 'st33m > Your fat sister > 'sc0rt

:devil:

That's about right; except the part about my sister being fat, but you'll never know because I will never show you a picture of her.  :devil:

deesea

thats one traumatized 'roo...think about it...its just hopping along..and then it gets raped by a buncha V8's :confused:
So I'm Gonna start a revolution from my bed - Noel Gallagher

TheIntrepid

Quote from: deesea on October 10, 2007, 08:20:07 PM
thats one traumatized 'roo...think about it...its just hopping along..and then it gets raped by a buncha V8's :confused:

Which are followed by a fat man in an Esteem with flames on the side, hopelessly trying to keep up.

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: TheIntrepid on October 10, 2007, 08:21:03 PM
Which are followed by a fat man in an Esteem with flames on the side, hopelessly trying to keep up.

That would be awesome. :rockon:

sandertheshark

Quote from: deesea on October 10, 2007, 08:20:07 PM
Fuck the Kangaroo.  How about the drivers trying to keep up with the pack, and suddenly there's a 250-pound marsupial hopping across their track.

omicron

Sensibly marinated, the kangaroo proved delicious at the post-race dinner.

Soup DeVille

Funny, I always figured Omi was a closer relative of the drop-bear.
Maybe we need to start off small. I mean, they don't let you fuck the glumpers at Glumpees without a level 4 FuckPass, do they?

1975 Honda CB750, 1986 Rebel Rascal (sailing dinghy), 2015 Mini Cooper, 2020 Winnebago 31H (E450), 2021 Toyota 4Runner, 2022 Lincoln Aviator

sandertheshark

Quote from: omicron on October 10, 2007, 09:16:18 PM
How would you sensibly marinade a kangaroo?  Just curious.
Also, what wine would be an appropriate pairing?

Raza

Quote from: sandertheshark on October 10, 2007, 09:37:30 PM

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raghavan

Quote from: omicron on October 10, 2007, 09:16:18 PM
You ate your cousin?? :nono:

280Z Turbo

I'm sure track corner workers in Australia keep this flag handy at all times:

omicron

Quote from: sandertheshark on October 10, 2007, 09:37:30 PM

Quite a few ways, actually. It works well with sweeter sauces, like a nice plum glaze or some kind of chutney; you can pan-fry it with coriander and sweet chilli; or on the barbecue for a smokier flavour. Whatever you can do to beef or lamb, you can do to kangaroo. Just don't overcook it.

In warmer weather, I'd say a nice chilled rose or sparkling shiraz would go down very well with kangaroo, especially if eaten outside at sundown.

sandertheshark

Quote from: omicron on October 10, 2007, 11:07:02 PM
Quite a few ways, actually. It works well with sweeter sauces, like a nice plum glaze or some kind of chutney; you can pan-fry it with coriander and sweet chilli; or on the barbecue for a smokier flavour. Whatever you can do to beef or lamb, you can do to kangaroo. Just don't overcook it.

In warmer weather, I'd say a nice chilled rose or sparkling shiraz would go down very well with kangaroo, especially if eaten outside at sundown.
That sounds fantastic.