That New Nissan thing.

Started by gasoline, October 16, 2007, 10:23:12 AM

TheIntrepid

Quote from: the Teuton on October 16, 2007, 01:30:43 PM
So it's twice the price, but otherwise, they are similar cars, IMO.

It's twice the price, thus I don't think people are going to cross-shop them.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

CALL_911

It's ugly, but I can imagine it performing like a beast.

Oh, and I can already see the GT-R badges on riced out Hondas. Not that there aren't any now, but there will be more.

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

the Teuton

I was about to pick up a GT-R badge for my Subie a while ago at Advanced Auto Parts.  Instead, I just have a JDM STi "i" grille badge.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

TheIntrepid

Why would you get a GT-R badge on it? :lol:

:mask: I had a "LIMITED EDITION" badge from Canadian Tire on my AllTrac. :mask:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

nickdrinkwater

Quote from: gasoline on October 16, 2007, 12:58:59 PM
More of the Autoweek images:

Frankly all I care about is performance parameters. This car is not very pretty otherwise. In fact, I hope for real-world pics soon, because I am not impressed at all (not even so much with the interior).

Thanks for posting these.

I think it looks awesome.  It's like nothing else on the road.

S204STi

Am I the only one who kinda digs the way this car looks?

Edit, nevermind, there are at least two of us. 

Danish

Quote from: Raza  on October 16, 2007, 01:13:40 PM
And RS4.  I should have said "and the rest of the class".  Though the M3 and the GT-R are the only two coupes, so I didn't want people to complain.

Define coupe :devil:
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

S204STi

Quote from: the Teuton on October 16, 2007, 01:40:18 PM
I was about to pick up a GT-R badge for my Subie a while ago at Advanced Auto Parts.  Instead, I just have a JDM STi "i" grille badge.

I saw some douchebag with a GTR badge on his Altima...I made a point of passing him at a ludicrous pace.

Raghavan

I think it looks really nice (nicer than the Corvette in some angles) but with the rumored weight, I"d much rather have the Z06.

S204STi

the Teuton

Quote from: R-inge on October 16, 2007, 05:10:54 PM
Stat whores.

Says the person who drives one of the lightest newer AWD cars in the world.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

El Barto

Quote from: R-inge on October 16, 2007, 02:59:54 PM
I saw some douchebag with a GTR badge on his Altima...I made a point of passing him at a ludicrous pace.

My friend had a GTR badge on his 240sx.  He claims the badge was added when it was his brothers car.  I should have brought a screwdriver to school with me one day and pried the letters off.   :devil:
2016 Volkswagen GTI (Aug 2015 - Present)
2008 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg (Aug 2011 - Aug 2015)
2003 Saab 9-3 2.0t (Oct 2007 - Aug 2011)
1990 Nissan Maxima SE (July 2003 - Oct 2007)

the Teuton

I just have one of these things on the front of my car, and I'm probably going to get a new one for my RS grille.

Fire It Up

I think the rear and rear 3/4 views look mean. The nose is a bit meh...
But man i want one.

Founder of CarSPIN Turbo Club

gasoline

I forgot all about weight. I wonder what it will be?

Here are Edmunds' pictures:

-----------------------------------

Eye of the Tiger

2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

CALL_911

2004 S2000
2016 340xi

FlatBlackCaddy

I like that they kept the "carputer" like the R34.

Shit.... 3.5 sec to 60 and quarter mile in 11.7. 

The only thing the Z06 could have had over this GTR was performance, and now there goes that last hope.  Why would I buy a Z06 when I can buy this GTR that's just as fast, just as cheap, and much more usable?

S204STi

Quote from: the Teuton on October 16, 2007, 05:15:49 PM
Says the person who drives one of the lightest newer AWD cars in the world.

The only reason I bought it was because it was a wagon, it was AWD, and it was bloody quick.

S204STi

FlatBlackCaddy

I can't tell but it looks like it might have a dual clutch transmission. Atleast i hope it does.

Love the engine bay pic, look at that split intake with those fat ass runners.....this thing will be a monster. I hope this motor is as stout as the RB was. If it is we should see high hp stock bottom ends cars running around within a few years.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: R-inge on October 16, 2007, 07:11:07 PM
I dig that too.
Its hard to see, but it looks like it will have multiple gauge selections and vector(is that correct) displays like lateral G's Accel/Decel G's etc.

S204STi

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on October 16, 2007, 07:14:39 PM
Its hard to see, but it looks like it will have multiple gauge selections and vector(is that correct) displays like lateral G's Accel/Decel G's etc.

Yeah, that will be nice.  It looks like they use an analog-look within a digital screen, which I like a bit more than bar graphs.  It also declutters the dash, having all of those in one location rather than having four gauges scattered around the dash.

Catman

I like it. It looks like it means business though I think I miss the carbon under the headlights.

*Edit* I like the proto better me thinks.

FlatBlackCaddy

I agree catman, they should have went all or nothing.

Having both the black grill and black are under the lights would have looked better. I'd like to see the current pics photoshopped to have the center grill area match the exterior color of the car. Or better yet a picture of one in all black  :ohyeah:.

FlatBlackCaddy

ohh btw, what do people think of them brakes.

Look like 8 piston units to me.

Well it seems like a dual clutch gearbox is confirmed.

"Breaking News: Undisguised 2009 Nissan GT-R
Date posted: 10-16-2007

STORY TOOLS Print this Save this Digg this!
Email this Most popular del.icio.us

SANTA MONICA, Calif. ? The wait is over. Undisguised 2009 Nissan GT-R photos have now become available prior to the car's official debut at the 2007 Tokyo Auto Show.

Numerous GT-R prototypes have been caught testing around the world, including at Germany's N?rburgring and California's Laguna Seca Raceway, but this is the first look at the rocket coupe's completely undisguised sheet metal.

Most of the specifications aren't expected to be announced until Nissan's Tokyo show press conference on October 24, but today we know that the all-wheel-drive 2009 GT-R will get a 3.8-liter twin-turbo V6 that produces 473 horsepower and 434 pound-feet of torque. It'll drive all four wheels through a rear-mounted transaxle. The only transmission will be a GR6 dual-clutch six-speed automatic. And of course there will be paddle shifters for your enjoyment ? the same leather-wrapped aluminum paddle shifters as Nissan uses in the G35 sedan.

Nissan says the GT-R will accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds, finish the quarter-mile in 11.7 seconds and reach a top speed of 192 mph. Base price is expected to be less than $80,000.

If true, the GT-R will be serious competition for the Porsche 911 Turbo, which it has been routinely seen testing alongside.

What this means to you: It's here. And it's hot."

That's interesting the transaxle is rear mounted.  Also the 473hp seems conservative for it to be running those times.

Raza

0-60 in 3.5 seconds?  I'll believe it when I see it several times in real world tests.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

Well if all those specs are correct then the weight must be lower.

Its pretty simple, with less power it would need less weight.

Either way i think it will be fantastic, the torque curve is probobly flatter than most of the lumber at your local menards(not saying much i guess :lol: ).

I like it, i want one, give me on right now