***Gasteig Classic Car / Motorcycle & Tractor Show (Part 1)***

Started by cawimmer430, October 17, 2007, 05:38:42 AM

cawimmer430

A few weeks ago there was a classic car, motorcycle and tractor show in a small town called "Gasteig", about 20 minutes away from M?hldorf. There are so many classic car shows here I can't keep up! Wait until you guys see the "M?hldorf Stadtplatz Classic Car Show"!!!

Anyway, we begin with a 1984 Jaguar XJ Sovereign V12 with 297-horsepower. The owner was extremely cool and allowed me to photograph the inside of this thing.

Next up, a post-World War II Mercedes 170V. V = Vergasser (carburator).

That's the blinker. A little mechanical device that moves out and in, out and in...

A taste of things to come...

1977 BMW R100RS

Opel Rekord

Porsche Diesel tractor. I think they were only available in red and were the "sportscars" amongst tractors!

Porsche Diesel Junior.

An old BMW motorcycle with sidecar. I love the reflection of me and Frankie (my Jack Russell Terrier) in the second shot! LOL

BMW Isetta

End of Part 1
-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie

Morris Minor

Great pics - thanks. Two thoughts.
On the Jag, note how the a/c temperature selection knob is graduated in Fahrenheit - on what looks very much to me (left-hand drive, speedometer/odometer graduated in km/h) like a model built for export to continental Europe. So is the a/c an after market add-on (the part being originally for the US or UK markets), or is it original and evidence that Jaguar were lazy arrogant bastards?

I really like those flat twin BMW motorcycles, a great configuration for keeping the centre of gravity as low as possible. Not so good, perhaps, if you like to heel the bike over at crazy angles in tight curves.
⏤  '10 G37 | '21 CX-5 GT Reserve  ⏤
''Simplicity is Complexity Resolved'' - Constantin Brâncuși

cawimmer430

Quote from: Morris Minor on October 17, 2007, 07:08:03 AM
Great pics - thanks. Two thoughts.
On the Jag, note how the a/c temperature selection knob is graduated in Fahrenheit - on what looks very much to me (left-hand drive, speedometer/odometer graduated in km/h) like a model built for export to continental Europe. So is the a/c an after market add-on (the part being originally for the US or UK markets), or is it original and evidence that Jaguar were lazy arrogant bastards?

LOL  :lol:

Even though Jaguar might have been lazy, it was still a lovely car (and still is).  :ohyeah:

Thanks.  :ohyeah:

-2018 Mercedes-Benz A250 AMG Line (W177)

WIMMER FOTOGRAFIE - Professional Automotive Photography based in Munich, Germany
www.wimmerfotografie.de
www.facebook.com/wimmerfotografie