10 (33.3%)
2002-2003 Focus ZX3
6 (20%)
Other....
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

TheIntrepid

Quote from: Minpin on November 01, 2007, 07:53:18 PM
Buy the newest car you can. With your run of bad luck maybe you should just get a bus ticket.  :lol:

Another vote for the bus pass! :rockon:

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Minpin

?Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to die!?

S204STi

ZX3 SVT, in red.

Or, the 99-00 GT.  Those are respectable cars.

TheIntrepid

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

SVT666

Quote from: CMan on November 01, 2007, 07:52:10 PM
And a V8 sports car is going to get 25?
The 1999-1998 Mustang GT gets 27 mpg on the highway.  My car achieved that all the time before I modded it.  Modifications won't be anywhere near as extreme this time so the mileage won't be adversely affected.

SVT666

FlatBlackCaddy

Actually the Miata Fits your criteria pretty well.

"Not at all, it just has to be under $10K, reliable, fun, and good mileage (25 mpg or better)."

Once again are you actually enteraining things that meet your stated criteria or is it anything that fits the above and has a ford badge on it(mustang emblem to be specific).

SVT666

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 02, 2007, 09:28:35 AM
Actually the Miata Fits your criteria pretty well.

"Not at all, it just has to be under $10K, reliable, fun, and good mileage (25 mpg or better)."

Once again are you actually enteraining things that meet your stated criteria or is it anything that fits the above and has a ford badge on it(mustang emblem to be specific).

Well, I don't see a Mustang logo on a Focus.  The Miata fits my requirements except one...I don't fit.  i've tried a couple times and it's not the least bit comfortable for me.  Besides, even if I could fit comfortably, you already know my feelings on the Miata.

FlatBlackCaddy

Actually i don't, but i'm well aware of your feelings on the mustang(you talk about them alot). Otherwise i really don't know your feelings on any other car, unless you hold the general misguided opinion that miata = gay.

280Z Turbo

The Focus is a very good car. There are a lot of features that I like about it. I like the perfectly weighted steering, 28 mpg, comfortable seats, good radio, good heater, etc.

I just wish it had better paint, a better gearbox and more power.

SVT666

First, I don't like convertibles.  Second, Miata styling = boring.  Very non-descript styling.  There's no flare, nothing that strikes a chord with me.  It's just "meh".

SVT666

I rode in my boss's Mini Cooper S last night, and that is one cool ass car.  Even as a passenger I was having fun.  My one and only complaint is the speedometer.  That thing is just as big as the plate I ate my dinner off of after my ride.  It's HUGE and in the middle right where my wife would be able to see it.  My other complaint is that I can't find one in my price range.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 02, 2007, 09:55:34 AM
I rode in my boss's Mini Cooper S last night, and that is one cool ass car.  Even as a passenger I was having fun.  My one and only complaint is the speedometer.  That thing is just as big as the plate I ate my dinner off of after my ride.  It's HUGE and in the middle right where my wife would be able to see it.  My other complaint is that I can't find one in my price range.

:lol:

The non S models could be found for cheap(high miles though) and it obviously wouldn't be as fun as the S.

SVT666

I already looked and there are no Minis in my entire province for sale for under $10K.

3.0L V6

Buy a Mustang. If you buy another car, you're just going to pine for a Mustang until you break down and buy one anyway.

It seems that you're in love with one anyway, so just make it easy on yourself.

I chose the '99 to 2000 model. It's the one with likely the fewest miles and in best condition

FoMoJo

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." ~ Albert Einstein
"As the saying goes, when you mix science and politics, you get politics."

SVT666

A Mazda3 would be great but I can't get any under $10K in BC or Alberta. :(

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 02, 2007, 09:55:34 AM

There's a fairly rare pack that moves the speedometer to the proper position, and the satnav system does that as well.  The R50 Cooper might be in your price range.  Low on power, but still loads of fun (I bet), and and exceptional MPG.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 02, 2007, 10:17:01 AM
:lol:

The non S models could be found for cheap(high miles though) and it obviously wouldn't be as fun as the S.

Some people actually find the standard model more fun than the S. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11859.msg628676#msg628676 date=1194024734
There's a fairly rare pack that moves the speedometer to the proper position, and the satnav system does that as well.  The R50 Cooper might be in your price range.  Low on power, but still loads of fun (I bet), and and exceptional MPG.
There isn't a single Mini for sale in BC or Alberta from any year since it was first produced for under $10K. :(

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 02, 2007, 11:34:57 AM
There isn't a single Mini for sale in BC or Alberta from any year since it was first produced for under $10K. :(

I don't have to tell you this, but if it's within a grand or two, you could talk it down.  For sale prices on used cars are never stone set. 

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i

SVT666

True, but I don't want to spend $10K if I don't have to.  I would rather start with a car at $10K and work them down a grand and use that $1000 on mods.  If I spend $10K I have no money left for mods.

Vinsanity

Quote from: 3.0L V6 on November 02, 2007, 10:32:08 AM
Buy a Mustang. If you buy another car, you're just going to pine for a Mustang until you break down and buy one anyway.

It seems that you're in love with one anyway, so just make it easy on yourself.

I agree. It's fun to think about getting something different, but at the end of the day, you want what you want. So just buy the best Mustang that you willing to spend money on. You'll sleep better.

Sure, it was fun test driving turbocharged hatchbacks and trendy boxmobiles, but the whole time my heart longed for another entry-lux sedan. So I followed my heart. As should you :wub:

SVT666

Very true.  I will most likely end up with a Mustang in the 1996 to 2000 range depending on the mileage and purchase price.  I like the looks of this one:

1997 Mustang GT

The mileage is a little high, but as long as it passes a leak down test it's a good car to go with.

FlatBlackCaddy

Go older, save money, and mod more.

I think any 10 year old stang(or older) is going to need some cash put into it
to bring it up to your standards(meaning tight feeling, prev repairs, etc).

I'd think you would need to replace some wear items(ball joints, tie rods, some mounts and bushings) to bring her back to feeling good.

Going with a early 90's one would leave you enough money to restore it to showroom tight and leave you plenty to upgrade here and there on the way(suspension, brakes, misc interior).

Or if you get an old one you will have 5-7K for neon lights, altezza's, 24" blades, dozens of adhesive applied performance pieces and a piss on chev sticker.

Whichever option you choose.

SVT666

The early 90's 5.0L Mustangs are going for as much or more then 10 year old cars.  There are fewer and fewer of them around and the ones that are remaining are going up in value.

SVT666

This is the best deal I could find on an LX 5.0L that is in good condition.

1991 LX 5.0L

GoCougs

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 02, 2007, 12:25:03 PM
Very true.  I will most likely end up with a Mustang in the 1996 to 2000 range depending on the mileage and purchase price.  I like the looks of this one:

1997 Mustang GT

The mileage is a little high, but as long as it passes a leak down test it's a good car to go with.

Leak down test won't spot a bad bearing (which has stung you twice in the last month or so).