2002-2003 Focus ZX3
6 (20%)
Other....
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 28

SVT666

Raghavan

Pretty expensive though.
I'd get a higher mileage Cobra for that price.

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on November 11, 2007, 11:48:11 AM
Pretty expensive though.
I'd get a higher mileage Cobra for that price.
It's only got 32,000 miles.

Here's a 2001 Cobra Vert.  I would actually consider a Vert in this case, and you know how much I don't like Verts.

Raza

Quote from: Raghavan on November 11, 2007, 11:43:47 AM
here's a really nice Focus:
Only $10k, too bad it's so far away from you.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/car/475065179.html

That is nice.  I'd prefer black, but that's pretty nice.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 11, 2007, 11:55:37 AM
It's only got 32,000 miles.

Here's a 2001 Cobra Vert.  I would actually consider a Vert in this case, and you know how much I don't like Verts.

Mustang convertibles do seem to give up a lot along the lines of stiffness though (just like how I wouldn't want an older Saab convertible).  However, I do like the Cobra convertibles with a roll bar installed. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

GoCougs

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 11, 2007, 11:21:50 AM
Show me where they are because the cheapest 2005 GT I can find within 100 miles of Spokane is $23,999 on Autotrader.com.

Dude - never take the asking price for a car sitting down, especially at a dealer, and especially used. I think that one should be able to bargain it down to $20k.

Further, there are many other outlets for advertising than Autotrader. Between Spokane, Post Falls, and CdA, there are many Ford dealerships, let alone new car dealerships in general.

SVT666

Quote from: Raza  link=topic=11859.msg638478#msg638478 date=1194807570
That is nice.  I'd prefer black, but that's pretty nice.
That blue is beautiful.  After owning a black truck I don't want to own another black vehicle...although if I find a Mustang I like in black, I'll still buy it.

That car is very low mileage.  I might have to think about going to California for a holiday and driving one back.

Raghavan

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 11, 2007, 12:07:20 PM
That blue is beautiful.  After owning a black truck I don't want to own another black vehicle...although if I find a Mustang I like in black, I'll still buy it.

That car is very low mileage.  I might have to think about going to California for a holiday and driving one back.
No rust either. :praise: :lol:

Are you seriously considering coming down to California though? Sounds like it's worth it though if you find a car you really must have.

TheIntrepid

I'm willing to bet Hemi doesn't buy a car until June.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

FordSVT

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 11, 2007, 10:50:02 AM
Actually the '97 was priced about perfectly.

I didn't say it was too expensive, just that it wasn't a great deal. It's average.

But if you've got the extra money it's worth going newer. That car's more than 10 years old now, hard as it is to believe.

SVT666

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 11, 2007, 12:43:01 PM
I'm willing to bet Hemi doesn't buy a car until June.
Since that means I would be without a car for a couple of months I'll take you up on that bet.

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on November 11, 2007, 12:09:08 PM
Are you seriously considering coming down to California though? Sounds like it's worth it though if you find a car you really must have.
Well I was thinking about it while I was out running erands and if the car is in California then rust won't be an issue and deals are probably better down there because of how many cars are in California that are for sale.  There's more competition.  I would consider it if the right car was available.

SVT666

I found it. A 2001 Bullitt.  I'm a little leary of the price though.

Raghavan

JYODER240

/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

Vinsanity

hey, it's half an hour up the freeway from where I live

I'll drive it up for ya ;)

omicron

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 11, 2007, 07:29:46 PM

Certified smog! There's nothing worse than unconfirmed smog.

TheIntrepid

The Pirate

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 11, 2007, 07:29:46 PM

I would be all over that if it was closer to me.  As such, you need to buy it so I can live vicariously through you.  :tounge:
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

JYODER240

What's up with the brake pedal on the Bullit? It looks like half of it is missing.

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 11, 2007, 09:26:37 PM
What's up with the brake pedal on the Bullit? It looks like half of it is missing.
I didn't notice that.  The pedal cover is missing.  Also the "BULLITT" on the back is missing, although you can see where it was at one time.  Maybe the price is that low because there's more missing.

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 11, 2007, 10:08:42 PM
I didn't notice that.  The pedal cover is missing.  Also the "BULLITT" on the back is missing, although you can see where it was at one time.  Maybe the price is that low because there's more missing.

If the emblem is missing that kinda makes me think it was wrecked and the body shop never put an emblem back on.

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 11, 2007, 10:09:48 PM
If the emblem is missing that kinda makes me think it was wrecked and the body shop never put an emblem back on.
My thoughts exactly.  I've already been burned by a deal that was too good to be true, and I won't have that happen again.

SVT666

This 2001 Cobra looks really good.  I'm beginning to think I will be buying my next car in the US and by the looks of it...California.

Raghavan

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 12, 2007, 08:25:32 AM
This 2001 Cobra looks really good.  I'm beginning to think I will be buying my next car in the US and by the looks of it...California.
Are you going to go for that particular one?
It's a bit over your mileage limit though, isn't it?

SVT666

Quote from: Raghavan on November 12, 2007, 09:57:37 AM
Are you going to go for that particular one?
It's a bit over your mileage limit though, isn't it?
I won't be going for that particular one.  I have to wait until at least after the new year so that all the financing is in place for my house before I go and add more debt.  I also want to have a few cars lined up to look at before I go down too because i don't want it to be a wasted trip.  There's a beautiful Bullitt Mustang in San Jose that I would die to have as well.  But I wouldn't doubt it if I do make the trip to California in the new year to pick up a car.  I would prefer it that the cars are in San Francisco since I've always wanted to visit there and I can still drive the car back in one day from there.

TheIntrepid

SVT666

Now this 2005 Mustang GT is hot.  Under $20K with 30K miles and it has the red leather package I so desperately NEED.  I still want to keep the car under $15K because there is no way I will convince my wife to let me spend $20K.  :(

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 12, 2007, 11:21:25 PM
Now this 2005 Mustang GT is hot.  Under $20K with 30K miles and it has the red leather package I so desperately NEED.  I still want to keep the car under $15K because there is no way I will convince my wife to let me spend $20K.  :(

Just finance for 120-months.  :lol:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

SVT666

Remember that cheap BMW M3 I posted a few pages back taht we figured out must be a scam?  I got an email response from the guy:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting me about my car .The price as you saw on AutoTrader is $7,800.
About the car: it is in immaculate condition and has no scratch on and hasn't been involved in any accident. The
motor runs very well. The car was always garaged and rarely used. The car is in showroom condition. The title is
clear, it is not a salvage one. I have legal document by which I can transfer the title to your name. The car is
still US registered so you will not have to pay any customs.
The car is located in Melbourne,Australia and I will ship it from here. I will support all the shipping fees.
The delivery will take within 5 to 7 working days (with insurance and 30 days return policy). The service has
frequent shared container services. It will be insured at the delivery service. If something happens on the road,
you will receive the insurance from the delivery service.
As soon as the car arrives, you will test and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it
in max. 30 days since the arrival date. In this case I will pay the return shipping and insurance fees.
ALSO ABOUT PAYMENT AND SHIPPING I WILL USE ONLY EBAY PURCHASE PROTECTION SO WE CAN BOTH BE PROTECTED!
ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS TO E-MAIL ME YOUR COMPLETE NAME AND ADDRESS FOR SHIPPING AND AFTER THAT EBAY WILL CONTACT YOU
WITH MORE INFO REGARDING SHIPPING AND PAYMENT!
eBay Purchase Protection require the payment to be done through Bank wire transfer.
If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible. I have reserved the car
for you until I will have your final answer.

Regards,
Charles Robinson