Ugliest S-197 Mustang I have ever seen. Ever.

Started by FordSVT, November 01, 2007, 02:58:07 PM

Vinsanity

I'm glad someone is as annoyed as me by the ridiculous number of Mustang threads in the Fast Lane :hammerhead:

JYODER240

Quote from: Vinsanity on November 05, 2007, 05:00:06 PM
I'm glad someone is as annoyed as me by the ridiculous number of Mustang threads in the Fast Lane :hammerhead:

I brought that up awhile ago but the only thing that came of it was more useless replies by Nethead.
/////////////////////////
Quit living as if the purpose of life is to arrive safely at death

*President of the "I survived the Volvo S80 thread" club*

TheIntrepid

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 05, 2007, 07:37:31 PM
I brought that up awhile ago but the only thing that came of it was more useless replies by Nethead.

He has too much time on his hands. Of course that's a moot point coming from somebody with 26k posts.

2004 Chrysler Intrepid R/T Clone - Titanium Graphite [3.5L V6 - 250hp]
1996 BMW 325i Convertible - Brilliant Black [2.5L I6 - 189hp]

MidnightDave

Didn't read all the posts, just looked at the pic and jumped here to say it's like a skanky Batmobile!
2006 Lexus IS350 - bone stock wouldn't change a thing
2006 MINI Cooper S - For Sale!
2002 Toyota Tacoma - A man and his truck, it's a beautiful thing!

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 05, 2007, 04:22:29 PM
That's the point I was trying to make.  I'm glad we agree.
What's that got to do with anything?  I created the Official Mustang Thread so that everything Mustang would be in one thread and other users keep making new threads....not me.  BTW, WTF does the number of threads have to do with what I was talking about?  I was simply replying to a retarded comment by Raza.

It was simply an observation.  No need to get so defensive about it.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Nethead

Quote from: TheIntrepid on November 05, 2007, 07:45:43 PM
He has too much time on his hands. Of course that's a moot point coming from somebody with 26k posts.
IntrepiDude: The first sentence is correct.  And the second sentence is correct, too--but an admission by a dude who does not let his ego exceed his judgment, and that's always worthy of respect.  That, and the fact that this dude drives the poor man's Aston Martin Rapide...

Be aware that HemiDude maintains a general Mustang thread, the Nethead here maintains a roadracing Mustang thread and a tuner Mustang thread, and any other threads regarding Mustangs typically--not always--get initiated by someone else. We're hardly the ones to blame for so much automotive excitement happening for Mustang owners, Mustang racers, and Mustang fans. When you're hot, you're hot.  No one forces anyone else to read or post in the Mustang threads. They doubtless secretly seethe with envy at the Mustang's success, and tell themselves that bashing the Mustang in forum threads will tarnish or diminish the Mustang's success. As pointless as straightening the deck chairs on The Titanic.

Count the Nissan threads...

So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on November 06, 2007, 08:43:24 AM
IntrepiDude: The first sentence is correct.  And the second sentence is correct, too--but an admission by a dude who does not let his ego exceed his judgment, and that's always worthy of respect.  That, and the fact that this dude drives the poor man's Aston Martin Rapide...

Be aware that HemiDude maintains a general Mustang thread, the Nethead here maintains a roadracing Mustang thread and a tuner Mustang thread, and any other threads regarding Mustangs typically--not always--get initiated by someone else. We're hardly the ones to blame for so much automotive excitement happening for Mustang owners, Mustang racers, and Mustang fans.
Actually this is true.  Neither of us have started a new Mustang thread in months.

QuoteWhen you're hot, you're hot.  No one forces anyone else to read or post in the Mustang threads. They doubtless secretly seethe with envy at the Mustang's success, and tell themselves that bashing the Mustang in forum threads will tarnish or diminish the Mustang's success. As pointless as straightening the deck chairs on The Titanic.
:lol:

QuoteCount the Nissan threads...
I brought this up before that the GT-R has more threads then the Mustang lately and no one said anything about that.

FordSVT

There are four Mustang threads on the front page at the moment, one started by me to make fun of a Mustang.

Mustangs sell more copies per year than all other sports and GT cars combined and like the Corvette is used as a bang per buck benchmark. Also like the Corvette, for a year or two after it's debut nearly every new car with sporting intentions was automatically compared to it by both Mustang loyalists and people who didn't like them at all. Big surprise a lot of people want to talk about them. "Fastlane" is down on Stang threads compared to a year or two ago. And, IIRC, one of the reasons Hemiand Nethead started the two Mustang threads was because there were always 5-6 Mustang threads going on at any given time.

As for Yoder, he's just mad because there aren't any 350Z threads right now. That or he's tired of losing stop light races with GTs.  ;)

Nethead

FordSVT: "As for Yoder, he's just mad because there aren't any 350Z threads right now. That or he's tired of losing stop light races with GTs"

SVTDude: Give YoDude a break! Remember how dazzlingly sensational the very first 240Zs were? I sure do!
The 260Z got a little bigger, a little heavier, and a little softer.
Then the 280Z got a little bigger, a little heavier, and a little softer.
Then the 300Z got a little bigger still, a little heavier still, and a little softer still.
Finally, the 350Z arrives.  Has it got short overhangs like a lot of trendy sportscars have these days? Check. Has it got a square grill like a lot of trendy sportscars have these days? Check. Has it got triangular headlights like every car on the planet has these days? Check. Has it got triangular taillights like a lot of trendy sedans have these days? Check. Has it got even an ounce of the awesome 240Z still left in it?  Uh, well...it has only two seats like the Mercury Capri and the Cadillac Allante! :rockon:
OK, it's got one ounce of the once-stellar 240Z left in it.  :(
Then how can you tell it's not a Capri or an Allante? No Capri or Allante would be caught dead with those doorhandles--they're like warts on tits.
So YoDude's gotta be suffering--the 240Z has come to this. Cut him some slack!  I know how he feels--my chagrin equalled his when the '71 Mustangs came out!

FlatBlackCaddy

Mustangs blow.

Its best selling because its a chick car.

Why else would they make a IP that could adjust color to match womens nail polish.

Nethead

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 06, 2007, 09:58:30 AM
Mustangs blow.

Its best selling because its a chick car.

Why else would they make a IP that could adjust color to match womens nail polish.

So they can sell Mustangs to women. And more power to 'em--every V6 Mustang sold to a chick means that V8 Mustang GTs cost less to the rest of us. But it is maddeningly unfair--chicks already have sexy hair; beautiful eyes; luscious lips; delicious complexion;  flat tummies with deep navels; tiny little waists; long, silky legs; mouth-watering tits; delectable pussy; and beauteous ass! Now they've got Mustangs, too... :banghead: 

r0tor

i haven't seen a new mustang with a V8 in it since i can remember  :partyon:
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee No Speed -- 2004 Mazda RX8 6 speed -- 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia All Speed

FlatBlackCaddy

i see a few here and there, mostly driven by women.

What i haven't seen(since were talking about women and cars) is a solstice with a male driver. Every single one has been a female in her mid 30's to mid 40's.

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on November 06, 2007, 10:14:18 AM
So they can sell Mustangs to women. And more power to 'em--every V6 Mustang sold to a chick means that V8 Mustang GTs cost less to the rest of us. But it is maddeningly unfair--chicks already have sexy hair; beautiful eyes; luscious lips; delicious complexion;  flat tummies with deep navels; tiny little waists; long, silky legs; mouth-watering tits; delectable pussy; and beauteous ass! Now they've got Mustangs, too... :banghead: 
:mask:

Cobra93

Quote from: r0tor on November 06, 2007, 10:17:26 AM
i haven't seen a new mustang with a V8 in it since i can remember  :partyon:
V8 Mustangs make up 38% of total production. Maybe they're just pulling away from you so fast, you don't notice them. :huh:

SVT666

Quote from: Cobra93 on November 06, 2007, 11:03:08 AM
V8 Mustangs make up 38% of total production. Maybe they're just pulling away from you so fast, you don't notice them. :huh:
:lol:

JYODER240

Quote from: FordSVT on November 06, 2007, 09:10:27 AM
As for Yoder, he's just mad because there aren't any 350Z threads right now. That or he's tired of losing stop light races with GTs.  ;)

You got me ;)

I could pull up that C/D article where the 350Z lapped VIR (thats a racetrack with turns, you know what a turn is right?) 8seconds faster than the Mustang GT. I'll just let it go though, being marginally quicker in a straight line is all you've got.

Cobra93

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 06, 2007, 11:18:38 AM
You got me ;)

I could pull up that C/D article where the 350Z lapped VIR (thats a racetrack with turns, you know what a turn is right?) 8seconds faster than the Mustang GT.
Yeah, and like most of us, I make my daily commute on VIR.  :rolleyes:
QuoteI'll just let it go though, being marginally quicker in a straight line is all you've got.
99.999999% of the time, that's all that matters. As I'm sure you have unfortunately learned.

ChrisV

Quote from: FlatBlackCaddy on November 06, 2007, 10:54:09 AM
i see a few here and there, mostly driven by women.

What i haven't seen(since were talking about women and cars) is a solstice with a male driver. Every single one has been a female in her mid 30's to mid 40's.

Don't know where you're at, but nearly every V8 Mustang I've seen lately (and it numbers in the dozens of GTs) has been driven by a guy, and I've yet to see a Solstice driven by a female. I've seen one Sky driven by a female, however.
Like a fine Detroit wine, this vehicle has aged to budgetary perfection...

JYODER240

Quote from: Cobra93 on November 06, 2007, 11:34:06 AM
Yeah, and like most of us, I make my daily commute on VIR.  :rolleyes:99.999999% of the time, that's all that matters. As I'm sure you have unfortunately learned.

Actaully I haven't learned, and you're kidding yourself if you think straightline speed is all that matters any of the time.

FlatBlackCaddy

Quote from: ChrisV on November 06, 2007, 11:34:13 AM
Don't know where you're at, but nearly every V8 Mustang I've seen lately (and it numbers in the dozens of GTs) has been driven by a guy, and I've yet to see a Solstice driven by a female. I've seen one Sky driven by a female, however.

I know it varies by area, but sadly around here this is what i see.

The first Solstice i've ever seen was a few days after they came out. A lady showed up at the insurance place next to my store to get coverage on it. She was in here early 40's, it seemed to be a trend around here.

I have never seen a sky on the road(now thats sad).

Anyway i see mustangs with women in them all the time(80% or more).

SVT666

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 06, 2007, 11:40:58 AM
Actaully I haven't learned, and you're kidding yourself if you think straightline speed is all that matters any of the time.
He's right Yoder.  99% of the time the only thing that matters in the real world is straight line speed.  It's very rare that someone challenges another to a race on a twisty road.

JYODER240

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 06, 2007, 11:46:57 AM
He's right Yoder.  99% of the time the only thing that matters in the real world is straight line speed.  It's very rare that someone challenges another to a race on a twisty road.

Who cares if someone is faster than you in a straightline!? It's rediculous to buy a car based on that unless you're going to be competively races on a drag strip. I bought my car because it was more fun and involving when I'm out clipping apexes on back roads, and much of the reason it is fun and involving is why it is so good on a road course.

SVT666

...and if your car was faster then a Mustang in a straight line you be rubbing that in our faces too.  Quit taking it so damn personally.

Raza

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 06, 2007, 08:51:14 AM
I brought this up before that the GT-R has more threads then the Mustang lately and no one said anything about that.

I believe I complained about it once.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

FlatBlackCaddy

The Pirate

Quote from: JYODER240 on November 06, 2007, 11:53:22 AM
Who cares if someone is faster than you in a straightline!? It's rediculous to buy a car based on that unless you're going to be competively races on a drag strip. I bought my car because it was more fun and involving when I'm out clipping apexes on back roads, and much of the reason it is fun and involving is why it is so good on a road course.

Your 350Z is the Track model with some handling and brake goodies though, right?  How close are the base 350Z and Mustang GT in handling?  I'd imagine the 350Z still has an advantage, though less so.  Not bashing either car, as I really like both.  And, if I'm speaking with my checkbook, I'd pick up a 'Stang GT (2005+) and do some functional handling upgrades.  No longer a fair comparison, as you're looking at stock vs. modified, but I absolutely love the overall Mustang package, and I'm a sucker for a V8 exhaust note (I'm scratching my head on that one as I look at my 2.0L 4 cyl car :huh: :lol:).
1989 Audi 80 quattro, 2001 Mazda Protege ES

Secretary of the "I Survived the Volvo S80 thread" Club

Quote from: omicron on July 10, 2007, 10:58:12 PM
After you wake up with the sun at 6am on someone's floor, coughing up cigarette butts and tasting like warm beer, you may well change your opinion on this matter.

Cobra93

Who cares if someone is faster than you in a straightline on a professional closed sourse race track where you never drive!? It's rediculous to buy a car based on that unless you're going to be competively races on a drag strip racing on a closed course race track.
There. It works that way too.
QuoteI bought my car because it was more fun and involving when I'm out clipping apexes on back roads, and much of the reason it is fun and involving is why it is so good on a road course.
A. I seriously doubt that you ever drive your car on public roads at anywhere near it's performance limit.
B. If you do, you need to get off the road now.
C. Contrary to what you seem to believe, Mustangs don't simply tump over anytime the road curves. While they might not be quite as capable at their performance limit as a 350Z, what difference does it make when neither car ever gets driven that way?

FordSVT

Quote from: Nethead on November 06, 2007, 09:19:26 AM
FordSVT: "As for Yoder, he's just mad because there aren't any 350Z threads right now. That or he's tired of losing stop light races with GTs"

SVTDude: Give YoDude a break! Remember how dazzlingly sensational the very first 240Zs were? I sure do!

"Dude", it was a joke, a poke in the ribs if you will; I like the Z car as much as the next guy.

Sometimes I think you need to get on Ritalin.

FordSVT

Guys, it was a joke, no need for a pissing contest. Yes, a stock 350Z will out handle a stock Mustang GT. Are we all OK now?