Super Snake R&T Test

Started by 565, November 01, 2007, 10:40:14 PM

SVT666

Repost.

I love this car, but why the hell does it weigh 190 lbs more then a stock GT500.

Panama Jack

Seems like it should be faster.

SVT666

Quote from: Panama Jack on November 02, 2007, 10:19:42 AM
Seems like it should be faster.
It would be if the car could actually hook up.

Nethead

Quote from: HEMI666 on November 02, 2007, 10:21:07 AM
It would be if the car could actually hook up.

HemiDude's right.  The S197 Mustang has one semi-critical weakness--the rear wheel tubs generally limit tire widths to a max of 295 mm. Going wider means cutting the frame, as was done on the V12 Mustang Vanquish'd of Western Motor Sports (www.wmsracing.com) or cutting the wheelwells and offsetting the additional tire width outwards.  I say "semi-critical" because 295s will handle ninety-nine percent of the horsepower upgrades most owners will make. The Super Snake's 605 HP needs wider tires to hook up properly, but the Super Snake is an expensive upgrade even without diddling with the tubs or the wheelwells. But if ya got the bucks, do what ya gotta do to get the tire widths you need for the power you have or plan to have.

Competition slicks change the equation, of course, if slicks suit your intentions.
So many stairs...so little time...

SVT666

Quote from: Nethead on November 02, 2007, 01:44:06 PM
HemiDude's right.  The S197 Mustang has one semi-critical weakness--the rear wheel tubs generally limit tire widths to a max of 295 mm. Going wider means cutting the frame, as was done on the V12 Mustang Vanquish'd of Western Motor Sports (www.wmsracing.com) or cutting the wheelwells and offsetting the additional tire width outwards.  I say "semi-critical" because 295s will handle ninety-nine percent of the horsepower upgrades most owners will make. The Super Snake's 605 HP needs wider tires to hook up properly, but the Super Snake is an expensive upgrade even without diddling with the tubs or the wheelwells. But if ya got the bucks, do what ya gotta do to get the tire widths you need for the power you have or plan to have.

Competition slicks change the equation, of course, if slicks suit your intentions.
The SN95 Mustang could get 315's under the rear because of the wider bodywork.  All you had to do was buy wheels with a large offset or get a wheel spacer.

sportyaccordy

Man that thing must be a rocket. The weight is insane though

Gotta-Qik-C7

2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Nethead

"+1" said the driver of the Z28 which is that tiny speck in the rearview mirror of even a standard GT500. It isn't even visible in the rearview mirror of a Super Snake without a telescope... :evildude:

Raza

Quote from: Nethead on November 04, 2007, 12:25:14 AM
"+1" said the driver of the Z28 which is that tiny speck in the rearview mirror of even a standard GT500. It isn't even visible in the rearview mirror of a Super Snake without a telescope... :evildude:

I don't see how that is relevant. 
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
If you can read this, you're too close

2006 BMW Z4 3.0i
http://accelerationtherapy.squarespace.com/   @accelerationdoc
Quote from: the Teuton on October 05, 2009, 03:53:18 PMIt's impossible to argue with Raza. He wins. Period. End of discussion.

Lazerous

Quote from: Raza  on November 04, 2007, 12:29:22 AM
I don't see how that is relevant. 

Especially when Nethead doesn't EVEN HAVE a 'maro let alone a Mustang :evildude:

omicron

4085 pounds? Good lord.

I wish we had more lienient noise regulations here. I'd love for misbehaving V8s to be blasting about our roads at 80dB from the factory.

Raghavan

Quote from: omicron on November 04, 2007, 01:16:07 AM
4085 pounds? Good lord.

I wish we had more lienient noise regulations here. I'd love for misbehaving V8s to be blasting about our roads at 80dB from the factory.
+1
I want to hear the roar of a V8 like that before I can even see the car.

the Teuton

Quote from: omicron on November 04, 2007, 01:16:07 AM
4085 pounds? Good lord.

That car is almost TWICE the weight of the BMW I'm going to look at.  TWICE.  It weighs more than a ZJ Jeep Grand Cherokee and that car came with 4WD, a V8, and was extremely strong.
2. 1995 Saturn SL2 5-speed, 126,500 miles. 5,000 miles in two and a half months. That works out to 24,000 miles per year if I can keep up the pace.

Quote from: CJ on April 06, 2010, 10:48:54 PM
I don't care about all that shit.  I'll be going to college to get an education at a cost to my parents.  I'm not going to fool around.
Quote from: MrH on January 14, 2011, 01:13:53 PM
She'll hate diesel passenger cars, all things Ford, and fiat currency.  They will masturbate to old interviews of Ayn Rand an youtube together.
You can take the troll out of the Subaru, but you can't take the Subaru out of the troll!

Gotta-Qik-C7

Quote from: Lazerous on November 04, 2007, 12:33:46 AM
Especially when Nethead doesn't EVEN HAVE a 'maro let alone a Mustang :evildude:
:cheers:
2014 C7 Vert, 2002 Silverado, 2005 Road Glide

Nethead

Quote from: Lazerous on November 04, 2007, 12:33:46 AM
Lazerous: Patience, LazDude! Just when I thought you grasped the failure inherent in impatience, you disappoint the Nethead here.  The Mustang is coming, and it will come no earlier than the proper moment.  We gotta sell the properties down in Virginia beach, get the contracts in place for the new home with part of those proceeds, and then the WifeDude and the Nethead here will split the excess equity and each indulge ourselves. Until October, I was still thinkin' the bucks would be available to build up only the '66 Bronco to my specifications. Now, it looks like both can be done and done well. They'll be a matched set--one for off-road felonies and one for pavement felonies. They'll be painted identically and street-registered, but otherwise will be fundamentally different--as they should be. Selling the beach properties and deciding upon the details of the new home takes precedence right now, and then the slate will be wiped clean of distractions so that concentration on the right parts & processes can begin. Impatience has no place here, unless you can live with disillusionment. I've been there, done that--and I ain't doin' it again...

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Nethead on November 06, 2007, 09:10:20 AM
Lazerous: Patience, Lazerous! Just when I thought you grasped the failure inherent in impatience, you disappoint the Nethead here.  The Mustang is coming, and it will come no earlier than the proper moment.  We gotta sell the properties down in Virginia beach, get the contracts in place for the new home with part of those proceeds, and then the WifeDude and the Nethead here will split the excess equity and each indulge ourselves. Until October, I was still thinkin' the bucks would be available to build up only the '66 Bronco to my specifications. Now, it looks like both can be done and done well. They'll be a matched set--one for off-road felonies and one for pavement felonies. They'll be painted identically and street-registered, but otherwise will be fundamentally different--as they should be. Selling the beach properties and deciding upon the details of the new home takes precedence right now, and then the slate will be wiped clean of distractions so that concentration on the right parts & processes can begin. Impatience has no place here, unless you can live with disillusionment. I've been there, done that--and I ain't doin' it again...

WifeDUDE?  :mask:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Nethead

Quote from: NACar on November 06, 2007, 09:12:13 AM
WifeDUDE?  :mask:
NACar: Yeah, NahDude, the WifeDude :wub:--mother of the SonDude :rockon: and the DaughterDude :rockon:. Whatcha call your spouse?

Danish

Quote from: Nethead on November 06, 2007, 09:10:20 AM
Lazerous: Patience, LazDude! Just when I thought you grasped the failure inherent in impatience, you disappoint the Nethead here.  The Mustang is coming, and it will come no earlier than the proper moment.  We gotta sell the properties down in Virginia beach, get the contracts in place for the new home with part of those proceeds, and then the WifeDude and the Nethead here will split the excess equity and each indulge ourselves. Until October, I was still thinkin' the bucks would be available to build up only the '66 Bronco to my specifications. Now, it looks like both can be done and done well. They'll be a matched set--one for off-road felonies and one for pavement felonies. They'll be painted identically and street-registered, but otherwise will be fundamentally different--as they should be. Selling the beach properties and deciding upon the details of the new home takes precedence right now, and then the slate will be wiped clean of distractions so that concentration on the right parts & processes can begin. Impatience has no place here, unless you can live with disillusionment. I've been there, done that--and I ain't doin' it again...

You swing that way huh?

Explains a lot
Quote from: Lebowski on December 17, 2008, 05:46:10 PM
No advice can be worse than Coug's, in any thread, ever.

Nethead

Danish: Are you really Danish, or do you just call yourself Danish to slur Denmark? :lol:

Eye of the Tiger

Quote from: Nethead on November 06, 2007, 10:24:30 AM
NACar: Yeah, NahDude, the WifeDude :wub:--mother of the SonDude :rockon: and the DaughterDude :rockon:. Whatcha call your spouse?

Lefty... :mask:
2008 TUNDRA (Truck Ultra-wideband Never-say-die Daddy Rottweiler Awesome)

Nethead

omicron

Mustang-Related Post.

I just want to be OmiDude again. :thumbsup: